What's new

Bhutan first stop for PM Narendra Modi, to visit US in September

Its just that we are used to a conventional way of actions & thoughts.

If you follow Putin ( not that I am drawing parallels) you will appreciate how Modi & his advisers think.

Next, he comes from Gujarat where he has done a splendid job. Therefore think investment that would take you to Japan.

Connect the dots between trip to Bhutan & Japan and the picture that emerges in the shadows is China.

True...... I guess the opening actions & plans are seems to be interesting and all of them are in right direction..... One thing i am sure, is as a Prime Minister He is going to be the strongest PM after Indira Gandhi...... Irony is that IG is remembered for emergency and Modi for 2002 riots....

Lot of people (including me ) view modi with lot of skepticism, probably the opinion is created by the negative campaign around him by media and opposition..... But the expectation from him is unprecedented...... It will be interesting to see how he manages this expectation and how he delivers on the promises he made during the campaign.....

But what worries me is the opposition..... For the kind of democracy we have, we need to have a credible and productive opposition, which is almost non existent.....

For far too long has India made light of immediate neighbours on Sino front. China has already made inroads into Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Pakistan is far too evident. Infact our treaty with Bhutan and Nepal are too archaic, hope Mr. Modi makes ammends to these treaties and goes afresh. This is the reason why USA and China have so much intel on us that we are unable to wriggle out of these bottle necks.

But what worries me is the opposition..... For the kind of democracy we have, we need to have a credible and productive opposition, which is almost non existent.....
In ANY democracy you need to have a strong and empowered opposition and you are right that there is no credible opposition right now which is not a great situation but then in India the opposition can also have a very destructive and unhelpful effect. Let's just hope Modi uses the lack of opposition to push through unpopular but much needed reforms.

He should humbly ask the Bhutanese PM to join the Indian Union :)

In ANY democracy you need to have a strong and empowered opposition and you are right that there is no credible opposition right now which is not a great situation but then in India the opposition can also have a very destructive and unhelpful effect. Let's just hope Modi uses the lack of opposition to push through unpopular but much needed reforms.

Absolutely right.... Opposition also become destructive..... But since Modi in power you really dont need an opposition in parliament..... These days the third pillar of democracy is very strong in India.... Arnab and company.....

He should humbly ask the Bhutanese PM to join the Indian Union :)

Did you divorce BD and married Bhutan?????

But you seems to be still fooling around with your Ex :P

But on serious note, why can't India humbly ask Bhutan & Nepal to join Indian Union? They reject so be it. what's the problem in proposing?

Quote humorous really, a lot of speculation was made about which "strategically significant" nation he would visit first- Russia, Japan, China, US or maybe even Israel and it turns out to be Bhutan!

Perhaps, this is actually a masterstroke! A lot was made up of his first international visit being a signal of where is foreign policy direction would be headed and now this way now "important" nation is left disappointed.
You mean US.:-)

But on serious note, why can't India humbly ask Bhutan & Nepal to join Indian Union? They reject so be it. what's the problem in proposing?

I am against all this.....Unless they unilaterally decide to join, which i dont see...

There are lot of things to be done in India....

True...... I guess the opening actions & plans are seems to be interesting and all of them are in right direction..... One thing i am sure, is as a Prime Minister He is going to be the strongest PM after Indira Gandhi...... Irony is that IG is remembered for emergency and Modi for 2002 riots....

Lot of people (including me ) view modi with lot of skepticism, probably the opinion is created by the negative campaign around him by media and opposition..... But the expectation from him is unprecedented...... It will be interesting to see how he manages this expectation and how he delivers on the promises he made during the campaign.....

See, someone who acts will make mistakes.

I am not suggesting that Gujarat riots were mistakes though. Having been present through them I have a 1st hand view starting Godhara onward.

We as a nation have got used to compromises which our leadership have made for 2 decades in governance therefore we find decisiveness strange.

Time will tell , but for once here is a man who is willing to take ownership for the decisions and apears to be clear in his mind on what he wants & how he wants to get it.

Time will tell , but for once here is a man who is willing to take ownership for the decisions and apears to be clear in his mind on what he wants & how he wants to get it.

This is one thing which is visible now.....Why we feel exited???? Because for over a decade we had a ministry which was only in to fire fighting and handling scams....

This is one thing which is visible now.....Why we feel exited???? Because for over a decade we had a ministry which was only in to fire fighting and handling scams....

We as a nation are "excited ' and expectant , we know we have the potential, the resources, the money, the intellect, the industry and the right place internationally to leverage all this.

What we have lacked all these years is a firm, decisive government.

Back
Top Bottom