What's new

PM Erdoan opens major mosque on Anatolian side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BordoEnes @LegionnairE i can understand :) btw your views on this design ??
cami03.jpg

People can pray at home. we need science and freedom(s).

having 90.000 of them and the fact that state pays for their maintenance and staff
also their construction

it's against secularism

A mosque must be provided for Muslims, If they don't have other places of worship. If they have enough, then I can understand. Religion brings people towards hope, and I don't see anything wrong with it. But it is your country, so I don't want to tell you what should or should not happen.

A mosque must be provided for Muslims, If they don't have other places of worship. If they have enough, then I can understand. Religion brings people towards hope, and I don't see anything wrong with it. But it is your country, so I don't want to tell you what should or should not happen.
I see plenty of wrong with religion but let's not get into that. You live in the US right? can you tell me how many churches does the US government own?
It would be a better message if we build a big *** public library at that location.
I wanted that for YEARS actualy. We need a mega-sized city library in İstanbul.

and a planetarium

I see plenty of wrong with religion but let's not get into that. You live in the US right? can you tell me how many churches does the US government own?

I wanted that for YEARS actualy. We need a mega-sized city library in İstanbul.

and a planetarium

I'd like to respectfully decline getting into this issue further with you. I am a religious muslim. I also consider Turkey as a brotherly country, and you Turkish people must lead it. If I continue this conversation/debate, it will be negative. I stated my opinion, and that should be enough.

I'd like to respectfully decline getting into this issue further with you. I am a religious muslim. I also consider Turkey as a brotherly country, and you Turkish people must lead it. If I continue this conversation/debate, it will be negative. I stated my opinion, and that should be enough.
I'd like you to know that even though I am an atheist I see Pakistan as a brother country. look I respect your right to believe anything you want... That's not the issue here. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any mosques either, please read my posts carefully.

I'm only against the state ownership of the houses of prayer. Churches and mosques should be owned by foundations.

He said he didn't want to get into the wrong or good of religion(s). I don't see why you have to get negative, just have a constructive argument. He asked you how many religious grounds does the us government own. No need for negativity.....

I'd like you to know that even though I am an atheist I see Pakistan as a brother country. look I respect your right to believe anything you want... That's not the issue here. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any mosques either, please read my posts carefully.

I'm only against the state ownership of the houses of prayer. Churches and mosques should be owned by foundations.
Respectfully, I'd like to say that your nation would go to hell with private owned mosques. I actually admire state owned mosques as opposed to what we have here in Pakistan. With foundations you accept foreign donations, and with that comes agendas of foreign nations.

If Turkey, lets go of state ordinance mosques, then you will face the type of militants and ideology that we have in Pakistan.

You would be essentially poisoning your own youth and lead your country down a dark path.

Again, just an opinion of a Pakistani Muslim that has seen more brutality than central Africa within his nation.

Last edited:
I think we must ask ourselves, is this mosque necessarily at that location? If it is, we may build it. But if it is not. This is just a waste and Islam doesn't allow us to do that even if it is a mosque.

I believe that we need more hospitals. Current numbers of hospitals are not enough. Plus, as our friends mentioned earlier, we may have more research centers and public libraries. If we could build mega and modern a library there, it could be more useful and much more better deed if you may look from Islamic perspective.

Last edited:
He said he didn't want to get into the wrong or good of religion(s). I don't see why you have to get negative, just have a constructive argument. He asked you how many religious grounds does the us government own. No need for negativity.....

What our esteemed Turkish friend does not realize is that the variables of Turkey are not the same as the US. I dislike getting into arguments, and would just like to share my opinion. Whether one agrees or disagrees does not bother me. I just don't won't to argue with anyone. I am not Turkish nor have I ever been there, so it's inappropriate for me to tell a turk what to do with his/her country in terms of politics. I can only offer my insight and my opinion.

Respectfully, I'd like to say that your nation would go to hell with private owned mosques. I actually admire state owned mosques as opposed to what we have here in Pakistan. With foundations you accept foreign donations, and with that comes agendas of foreign nations.

If Turkey, lets go of state ordinance mosques, then you will face the type of militants and ideology that we have in Pakistan.

You would be essentially poisoning your own youth and lead your country down a dark path.

Again, just an opinion of a Pakistani Muslim that has seen more brutality than central Africa within his nation.
It's actually a good point and I understand your concerns but I as an atheist I also don't want my tax money to go into religion. And if I was a muslim I'd like some more religious freedom I think. Because religion is regulated quite heavily in Turkey. You can only call the azan in arabic, in a certain manner or you can only give the friday sermon as it's scripted by the chairman of Diyanat. And of course all Imam wages are paid by the government and when government tells them to jump they have to ask how high. Isn't that also bad?

Wouldn't that be good if mosques were a little bit more free?
also you gotta understand my frustration, chairman of diyanat rides an armored mercedes S Class with my tax money.
diyanet1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom