What's new

PM Erdoan opens major mosque on Anatolian side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you hate Skyscrapers?

Look at Europe, they invested billions of dollars building Churches and that too in highly commercial areas of each city. See it will both purposes of both worship as well as attraction for every Muslim and Non-Muslim. In Europe whenever I go anywhere, many times I visit a church after hearing lots of praises about it. I am a Muslim so obviously do not worship there but it feels good to see what we human can achieve. Mosques in Istanbul are a symbol of pride for everybody and at least one place where we can compete with churches built in the Christian lands. It's architecture looks so beautiful and people like myself only considering to visit Turkey to see those Mosques.

I hate skyscrapers because they feel artifical , we should renovate all ottoman buildings so its historical , like other countries do , mosques look great but we should have a place just full of skyscrapers like france did i think , and istanbul should be all historical nice ottoman architecture like these

just look at these and tell me how stupid those planners can be , corrupt people killing dolmabahce district one of the best with skyscrapers behing mosques and dolmabahce palace

k_onurc_Suzer_Plaza__Uskudara_giderken.jpg

67534684.jpg

folio4.jpg

Great looking mosque but WHY WHY WHY WOULD YOU DO IT THERE? dont these people have any brain , it dont look good next to the skyscrapers , historical looking buildings and skyscrapers dont go together , i hate skyscrapers anyway , beatiful mosque but bad location

Because their aim's irritation for residents. Mosque's site has chosed willingfully despite many available sites are there.

so to say the dome is low a little

what ?? that building is Amazing man the Art, structure, Arabic writings truly facinating :)
every Turkish mosque has that, there's nothing special there, there's nothing creative here.

and exterior architecture of the mosque is incompatible with the skyscrapers outside

it looks like crap and fvcks up the theme of the area. It's a very new part of Istanbul it's not a historic district.

cami11.jpg

This picture is old by now there are even more high buildings around

when I see sh*t like this I get nauseous

what ?? that building is Amazing man the Art, structure, Arabic writings truly facinating :)

I have to agree with @LegionnairE here. The architecture is extremely pretty but also quite repetitive. Turkish architecture and structures are strongly inspired by Byzantine churces. To you it might seem an amazing building, which it is, but to us its the millionth rip-off of Haghia Sophia. All mosques in Turkey look like this, which is both good and terrible if you think about it. :)

I have to agree with @LegionnairE here. The architecture is extremely pretty but also quite repetitive. Turkish architecture and structures are strongly inspired by Byzantine churces. To you it might seem an amazing building, which it is, but to us its the millionth rip-off of Haghia Sophia. All mosques in Turkey look like this, which is both good and terrible if you think about it. :)
finally someone with a sense of aesthetic

:tup:

Here in Europe every modern church looks different, even old ones from middle ages, despite having the same basic structure, have quite a big diversity.
In Turkey there is one basic design for mosques each only with minor changes such as color or ornaments, no creativity at all except the very very few modern ones.

Here in Europe every modern church looks different, even old ones from middle ages, despite having the same basic structure, have quite a big diversity.
In Turkey there is one basic design for mosques each only with minor changes such as color or ornaments, no creativity at all except the very very few modern ones.

Spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom