What's new

Play national anthem in all cinemas before film screening: Supreme Court

The problem is that you will get beaten up. And you know it.

This law just makes things clear, and easier for the authorities involved. The police and the courts, who will follow.

Do you have adult cinemas in india?

Interesting to note that this was triggered by a movie scene involving the anthem. Someone petitioned that it was disrespect. The center apparently opined then that it was not necessary to stand if the anthem was part of the movie. The scene had to be removed.

This line by the SC says it best to some Indians here

... Stop following individual notions of freedom and have a sense of Constitutional patriotism.

Hyper Nationalism and Patriotism which is totally used up by radical elements like RSS to get more ground in India. The definition of Patriotism is now defined by RSS.

Why what is wrong in expecting someone to respect symbols of unity and pride of their own country?

Wether you accept it or not, India is a one intolerant state. If one doesn't stand up for whatever reason will be beaten up. No hard feelings.

The same can be said of your blasphemy laws .. Taking asinine to different level all together .. If I were you, I'd rather not comment.

Seriously? When will you guys grow up mentally not physically?
Always bring up two different things scenarios and do a comparison.

Bro, by that equation, "we Indians" have nothing in common from state to state across India. Punjab and Bengal got sliced. But Punjab and Bengal are both in India, and they are as similar or as different as any of us across the length and breadth of the nation. What similarity is there between a Manipuri and a Keralite? Between a Gujarati and a Kannadiga? Between a UPite and a Tamilian? Between a Maharashtrian and a Odiya?
Bro we have one thing common we all are Indian's. We all follow Indian culture. After 47 Pakistanis adopted Arab culture and are trying to become more Arab than Arabs.every tom dick and Harry in pakistan is descended of bin-kasim, gazanavi etc. So we don't have anything common with Pakistanis.
When the anthem plays, and I stand alongside my fellow Indians and sing it lustily and tunelessly (embarrassingly for my kids ... Lol), mere to rongte khade ho jaate hain. I do not just understand this Mein Kaampf brigade. Alien ideology.
I also feel same brother. I don't know Why some people have problem in standing for national anthem.

Bro we have one thing common we all are Indian's. We all follow Indian culture. After 47 Pakistanis adopted Arab culture and are trying to become more Arab than Arabs.every tom dick and Harry in pakistan is descended of bin-kasim, gazanavi etc. So we don't have anything common with Pakistanis.

I understand. I was trying to explain to you that what made us Indian was more than the sum total of our differences. The same differences we have within as what we would have had with Punjabi, Bengali, Sindhi, Baloch, Pashtun, were they to have remained with India in 47. Hope that explains.

Do not emphasize patriotic duty, this will only interfere with the normal life.

I guess this can offset the absence of national anthem in Olympics....

Hyper Nationalism and Patriotism which is totally used up by radical elements like RSS to get more ground in India. The definition of Patriotism is now defined by RSS.

Is the Supreme Court of India under the RSS? This is not a govt or RSS dictact. this is a decision by the Hon. Supreme Court of India

But You people will not understand. For you left Liberals Nationalism is a bad word. I wonder if Tommorow Modi says that everyone must breathe the Left Liberals will stop breathing just to protest against the decision of Modi

They have done it before - critisizing even programs like Swachh Bharat, Beti Padhao and supporting regressive actions like Triple Talaq.

For Left Liberals anything Modi Says is toxic and needs to be opposed

I also feel same brother. I don't know Why some people have problem in standing for national anthem.

If you do not know, then you should know.

They have a problem with the patriotism it inspires and forcing people to acknowledge their loyalty to the Indian Nation first.

They do not like to Lie. They would prefer to keep quite and let us "assume" that they put Indian first when the fact remains that they do not. They put their religion first.

Back
Top Bottom