What's new

Play national anthem in all cinemas before film screening: Supreme Court

I don't understand why we Indians need to be taught to respect their culture and anthem after growing up. This is embarrassing.

correction : we Indians need to be taught to respect our culture/ Indians need to be taught their culture :)

Last edited:
You are only required to know "Your" culture and anthem after growing up. Not "theirs". That way its not embarrassing. You agree ?

you are correct,
there is a grammatical mistake in my sentence , I should remove either 'We' or ' Their'

correction:

Indians need to know their
we Indians need to know our

Imagine going to the theater to watch a titillating adult movie named shila ki jawani and then having to sing the national anthem before that. lol. There is a time and place for everything. I am afraid the SC got this wrong. I used to live in Mumbai and Mumbai did have this tradition. I found it absurd then and I find it absurd now.

Imagine going to the theater to watch a titillating adult movie named shila ki jawani and then having to sing the national anthem before that. lol.
Nothing wrong in it.

No it's already played but there was a debate that if someone doesn't want to stand when the Anthem is played does that amount to insult and opinions were divided on the same
then the court should order everyone even handicapped who cannot walk should stand-up when anthem is played in indian cinemas. btw how much respect it shows if the anthem would be played before screening even a semi **** movie

btw how much respect it shows if the anthem would be played
Since religion is even more sacred than nation in Pakistan, tell me how much time exactly people wait to watch munni badnam hui after doing namaz to not consider it a sin? 5 min? 1 hr? 2 hr?

Since religion is even more sacred than nation in Pakistan, tell me how much time exactly people wait to watch munni badnam hui after doing namaz to not consider it a sin? 5 min? 1 hr? 2 hr?

LOL.... you said it. Bolti bandh. :lol:

Not a fan of it. Some schools do it everyday and most of the schools do it every monday or friday. Cinema halls are the realms of entertainment. We are doing a great disservice to our anthem by putting this up before movies. It looks like the British era where patriotism are forced upon people.

Personally standing for 2 minutes is not a problem for me or for most of the people. But the location of the place is what I beg to differ upon.

a sin is a sin whether you commit it in a minute or a day. the time frame does not give legitimacy to it. now tell me can you get respect for your anthem by making people listen to it against their will?

a sin is a sin whether you commit it in a minute or a day. the time frame does not give legitimacy to it.
That means if a person commited a sin, he will never do namaz again in his life otherwise it will be disrespect of the religion.

now tell me can you get respect for your anthem by making people listen to it against their will?
I am very clear about it. Every person has a right to not respect the country. I am for all the liberalism in my country, but genuine liberalism, where you could insult other religions without getting termed communal or beaten up and where everyone manages his own sh!t without interference. If not, then its to be a conservative rather than a pseudo liberal. Its very hard for countries like India and Pakistan to be true liberal nations due to various factors from economical to socio-political, and people here are generally overreactive.

Back
Top Bottom