What's new

PLAAF Says Goodbye My Dear J-6

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PLAAF Says Goodbye My Dear J-6

For those who still don't believe that the PLAAF has retired its entire J-6 fleet, here is the CCTV report to prove it.

1276320338_48999.jpg

1276320344_48889.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

1276320349_11281.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

1276320353_19759.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

1276320387_11169.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

1276320392_23440.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

China Defense Blog: Goodbye my dear J-6s

The Pilots Who Would have handled the Aircraft would be seriously Hurt, A Pilot and an Aircraft are One Just like the Body and soul.... Its like separating soul from the Body....

A formidable little fighter. Gave us some problems in the skies over North Vietnam.

Give me one of them for free :D

btw what they do after retiring a plane? Scrap?

The Pilots Who Would have handled the Aircraft would be seriously Hurt, A Pilot and an Aircraft are One Just like the Body and soul.... Its like separating soul from the Body....

----I agree with you. But J-6/F-6 are too old to be PLAF's fighters. It is no use in modern battle.
----As a Chinese, I can say that : Most of those J-6 would be improved to UAV, which would be used to attack US's flattop fleet.
----Most of PLAF's J-5,J-6,J-7 would become UAV, the quantity may over 5000, that is a very awful power.

:china:

Give me one of them for free :D

btw what they do after retiring a plane? Scrap?

----Most of those J-6 would be improved to UAV, which would be used to attack US's flattop fleet.
----Most of PLAF's J-5,J-6,J-7 would become UAV, the quantity may over 5000, that is a very awful power.

soooo turn them into target drones now?

Turn them into drones with missile carrying capacity. Have them fly in front of China's other formations in war time.

Enemy planes will have to spend missiles to shoot them down, then China's newer fighter can move in to fight.

A couple things:

1) They're not gonna be converted to drones. Converting old junk like them into drones would be ineffective and expensive. Better to just build new ones.

2) The fighter J-6's have been retired for a while now, the last ones being retired(the ones in this report) are the JJ-6 trainers.

wouldn't hurt to bring them out here and there scattered around the country during wartimes.

It diverts the enemy's attention.
Resources will have to be allocated to take care of it.
If enemy don't destroy it, then it can be used to attack supply lines, ground forces.

The direct and the indirect are interchangeable. 虛虛實實, 實實虛虛 --孫子

Back
Top Bottom