What's new

PLA rehearsing India attack

Please don't be so sensitive so as to stoop to personal attacks, after all this is the internet ...:D

Now let's study your links, as you obviously didn't..

National poverty line of 200 $? that's less than 60 cents a day, comparing it with Indias statistics at 1.25$ a day? Maybe you should know by now CCP's penchant to juggle data and quit being mistaken for a fool to wave them around ;).

By those statistics China has some 16% under the line around 200 million absolute.

So what was that about poverty again?

List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China

CIA factbook + United Nations Development Programme
both list under 1.25$ a day = 02.8%

India

CIA factbook
-under 1.25$ a day - 28.6%
United Nations Development Programme
-under 1.25$ a day - 25%

Maybe the CIA and the United Nations are just too eager to slander shining India, OR maybe China is controlling information coming out of both organizations! lol I can't seriously believe that you are willing to imply that poverty in India is less of a problem.

Did you not see the link i posted after it?

Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No suprise it will be dominated with European liberal countries.

That was not the link you provided and like I said no winners. It is also expected that there is more freedom in the west due to the fact that they contain majority of the developed nations. Moreover, they have exposed themselves to the world much sooner and have less population per country to manage. Unlike China and India, hence if you are comparing China and india, then there will be no winners here, both are still classed as developing nations.

China is already doing well and is bridging the gaps in many areas, not sure about your claims that there are weekly mine explosions in China and we are the world's most polluted country came from though. We have yet to see you provide any of the facts.

That was not the link you provided and like I said no winners. It is also expected that there is more freedom in the west due to the fact that they contain majority of the developed nations. Moreover, they have exposed themselves to the world much sooner and have less population per country to manage. Unlike China and India, hence if you are comparing China and india, then there will be no winners here, both are still classed as developing nations.

China is already doing well and is bridging the gaps in many areas, not sure about your claims that there are weekly mine explosions in China and we are the world's most polluted country came from though. We have yet to see you provide any of the facts.

Just use google you can see for yourself on why 6/10 most polluted cities are now in China. Every week i hear about these mine blast at least for the past 3-4 weeks its been going on.

Did you not see the link i posted after it?

---------- Post added 11-22-2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-21-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No suprise it will be dominated with European liberal countries.

Take is easy guys....

There is no point in arguing about which country's media is more/less censored....It will lead us nowhere.

Personally I think that....even though, apparently it seems, the Indian media can operate with more freedom...Still we have a lon g way to go....There are enough incidents...where our media personnel came under attack from various govt. and non govt. agencies.

Very few countries of the world can claim to have a free media........

The link which you have provided....doesn't put India in a very +ve perspective either.....India is in 122 and China is in 171.
Not much difference, considering that India is the world's largest democracy.....

As you said, It is dominated by western countries, so Indians actually have nothing to boast about .....

Think logically and try to understand something guys....there is no point in boasting about something, in which we ourselves are not good......
It only makes us look foolish....

Just use google you can see for yourself on why 6/10 most polluted cities are now in China. Every week i hear about these mine blast at least for the past 3-4 weeks its been going on.

What you hear or wish to hear has nothing to do with reality. If you was to yap about garbage on international forums, then the least everyone expects from you is for you to list your sources and to provide your proves. You are talking about the most polluted country right? China isn't a small country with a handful of cities dear. If everyone thinks like you, then you'd be surprise how many would think India has the world largest child mortality, rape crime rate and being the world's largest slum and e-waste dump etc.

What you hear or wish to hear has nothing to do with reality. If you was to yap about garbage on international forums, then expect to put forth your proves. You are talking about the most polluted country right? China isn't a small country with a handful of cities dear. If everyone thinks like you, then you'd be surprise how many would think India has the world largest child mortality, rape crime rate and being the world's largest slum and e-waste dump etc.

You should first speak to Cardsharp on posting garbage you can see from his post in previous pages.

World's largest slum is not in India buddy it is in South America.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

China air pollution: 'Slightly polluted' or 'hazardous'? - CNN.com

BBC News - China farms: 10% of land polluted, officials say

BBC News - UN warns Chinese pollution has dire health implications

Chinese coal-mining city is world's most polluted - CNN

I could go on

Can you folks kindly keep your traps shut? India Vs China ain't going to happen...much less over Tibet.

You should first speak to Cardsharp on posting garbage you can see from his post in previous pages.

World's largest slum is not in India buddy it is in South America.

What you and others argue about has nothing to do with me.
I was merely here to correct you on some of your claims. Yes I know India is not the largest slums, I used that as one of a few examples to highlight the vagueness of your examples.

You can go on just as much as anyone can go on about India. You have yet to understand the question and provide us with what we are looking for. You made claims that China is the most polluted country in the world is it not? You also claimed that mine explosions occurs on a weekly basis no? Where are the sources to back your claims up? Spamming the forum with irreverent links will not answer your questions. Anyone can do the same about India should we wished to. but can you do us a favour and do one simple thing, which is to properly answer your questions, or are you too illiterate to understand? :lol:

China is the world's worst polluter nation with the highest overall annual emission of greenhouse gases (6,018 million tonne).

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

What you and others argue about has nothing to do with me.
I was merely here to correct you on some of your claims. Yes I know India is not the largest slums, I used that as one of a few examples to highlight the vagueness of your examples.

What vagueness im quoting facts on the volume of greenhouse gases emitted

China is the world's worst polluter nation with the highest overall annual emission of greenhouse gases (6,018 million tonne).

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

If you want to analyze it further, then you would be shocked to see how much the world's most developed nation, America is contributing towards it and is doing little to rectify and address the issue on climate change.

Being the fastest developing nation with also the world's largest population I think it speaks volumes in pound for pound performance.

BBC News - China leads world in green energy investment

China leads world in green energy investment

By James Melik

Reporter, Business Daily, BBC World Service

Global investment in renewable energy jumped 32% in 2010 to a record $211bn (£130bn; 149bn euros), according to the Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investment 2011 report.

Published jointly by the UN Environment Programme and the Frankfurt School of Finance, it shows that China has become the largest investor in renewable energy projects

So your so called facts are questionable, especially the absurd weekly mine explosions.
Don't be silly now, if you want to continue ranting, it will not paint a very good picture of you either as more and more of you will be exposed.

So about India, being behind China, is the world's biggest democracy that is also rated poorly on press freedom and is already the world biggest e-waste dump, rape, child mortality and slum golf induced country? Most importantly, is your shying away of the issue evidence that you are proud of such developments?

BBC News - Golf slices through India's class system
India's Environment Problem: Disposing Electronic Waste - TIME
Baby doom as India booms

I guess your prescribed lenses are too dark for you to see what is actually happening to your country as well as other parts of the world.

List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China

CIA factbook + United Nations Development Programme
both list under 1.25$ a day = 02.8%

India

CIA factbook
-under 1.25$ a day - 28.6%
United Nations Development Programme
-under 1.25$ a day - 25%

Maybe the CIA and the United Nations are just too eager to slander shining India, OR maybe China is controlling information coming out of both organizations! lol I can't seriously believe that you are willing to imply that poverty in India is less of a problem.

India 37
China, People's Republic of 15.9

That is what I get from reading your link. I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were not lying and just misread the information, as a courtesy. The 1.25$ line is established by the world bank, CIA and UNDP use national lines, which I showed was barely over 50 cents a day for china, if you could apply that for India we would be boasting atound like China as well. Heck, even the much ridculed 32 Rs. (65 cents) line was greater than what China uses!

I am not implying anything you are trying to understand . Your Chinese fellow brought up the 1.25$ poverty thing, I just showed him the mirror on China's own poverty.

Theres this thing they say about glass houses and stones don't go well together :lol:

Arey yaar.....you are actually making India look foolish by arguing on such fronts......

So what, if the largest slum is not in India.....Isn't it equally disgraceful to have the world's 2nd/3rd largest slum??
Infact it is no less disgraceful to have slums of any size....

So what, if China emits huge amount of greenhouse gases(It only indicates that they are growing rapidly)......and did you forget the Western countries during their Industrial revolution.......Even today USA and the European countries are just behind China......So what is you point here mate??.
Even India is not far behind China in this case.....see the link below:-

List of countries by greenhouse gas emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are making me laugh by claiming that China is the worst popular nation of the world.....even if it is true...It ought to be because of their rapid growth.......People are just plain envious of China.

So, think before you plunge into such arguments.......You are only Hilighting India's incapabilities............

seems like a lot of Indian posters think India is better developed than China.I think the outsiders have the best game.we better let people who visited both countries personally give some objective judgement.

seems like a lot of Indian posters think India is better developed than China.I think the outsiders have the best game.we better let people who visited both countries personally give some objective judgement.

We don't think that we are better developed but we think that we have more basic rights and breath of freedom than you.

Back
Top Bottom