What's new

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

if al this is a simulation then what am i????? probably a virus???:devil:

:what:

:omghaha:

ok i need some sleep now...gudnyt.

+ if this theorey was found to be true-then what?

The world would go to sh!t in a day IMHO!

i want to see some fgfa s with india and let the fcukn program terminate i dont care..

I think this guy is on some drugs unlike me who get such weird questions in his mind without taking any drugs :P

I feel that i am in dream for 25 years and i will wake up from this dream soon after i die .I am posting on this forum in dream :what: I am eating/sleeping/working all in my dream. when you guys are in night dream you feel that whatever you feel/experience in dream is real until you wake up. You even get sweat if you are having a scary dream...sometime it take hours to make yourself realize that whatever horrible things happening in dream was actually dream not reality

Think of it as a game running on a very large scale. Take Sim City 4 for example. You can control so many variables in the game. In the same way, maybe we are all part of a simulation, maybe a game. Just as the characters in the game would not be aware of it, we aren't.

The premise of the theory, from what I understand, is that there will be a time when an intelligent species becomes so intelligent that it can simulate life or universe on a very large scale. Then some intelligent species in that simulation will someday create another simulation inside the simulation. The probability that WE are the first species to do so is very unlikely. Hence, we must be in some kind of simulation.

In fact, I would say that every religion somewhat is based on the simulation model (unintentionally)

Some Higher Power up there is watching every move of us, guiding us, telling us what to do and if we go wrong, he is correcting us. Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, all preach the same thing.

o i saw a movie on dis concept at my cuzinz place...Jim Carrey wz da main lead....i dun remember da name....

an artifical world inside da real world was created by da scientists n shown to da world thru hidden camerz etc n everyone but Jim dint kno abt it until he finds out himself in da end coz he wz fed up of da artifical things around him....

he thought its real but wznt...

it wz actually a comparison between real n artificality...

Where ever the computer is , I really hope they don't have load shedding :partay: , or at-least have some backup ..

jokes aside

Fact is - yes, could be living in a computed reality. The thing is - it is an evolved simulation and it contains a free-will switch, so there is a lot of randomness in it. It is non-deterministic, in other words, because of the free will aspect.

Either we are in a simulation or the true reality makes absolutely no difference to us, atleast in a practical sense, because we cannot effect the simulation parameters or rules that control it. The only difference would be one of philosophical or theological depending on the individual.

but on serious note,how dis simulation is possible?:undecided: explain it to me!

or were thy jus usin it symbolically?:undecided:

No, they are not speaking symbolically. When you think about it, it is a very real possibility. Billion years on this "universe simulation" could very well be just few seconds on the "operating system". Evolution of life in our world could just be a mere testing of hypothesis.

:lol: It sounds silly, but the possibility exists...like they say.

so is it relatd in anyway to da concept discussed here?:undecided:

Not quite. The truman show is a simulation on a much larger scale that what's being proposed here. In the truman show, there is a direct and profound contact between the outside world and the simulation (studio set).

so is it relatd in anyway to da concept discussed here?:undecided:

There is an episode in South Park that would come closer to the concept than this movie though none are close enough.

Search for South Park episode named 'The Simpsons Already Did It'. You will love it if you love cartoons. :)

That episode will give you a small idea of the simulation that this theory talks about.

There is an episode in South Park that would come closer to the concept than this movie though none are close enough.

Search for South Park episode named 'The Simpsons Already Did It'. You will love it if you love cartoons. :)

That episode will give you a small idea of the simulation that this theory talks about.

yes i luv cartoons alot,there r lots here on PDF
smileys-happy-715315.gif
jk

ok ill look for dat episode!

No, they are not speaking symbolically. When you think about it, it is a very real possibility. Billion years on this "universe simulation" could very well be just few seconds on the "operating system". Evolution of life in our world could just be a mere testing of hypothesis.

:lol: It sounds silly, but the possibility exists...like they say.

Not quite. The truman show is a simulation on a much larger scale that what's being proposed here. In the truman show, there is a direct and profound contact between the outside world and the simulation (studio set).

ok but most of da concepts r made jus on theories dat are hard to prove,like da concept of Presence of Aliens on earth n othr Planets...

thez concepts can only b enjoyed n believed in Sci-Fiction movies but not in reality:undecided:

ok but most of da concepts r made jus on theories dat are hard to prove,like da concept of Presence of Aliens on earth n othr Planets...

thez concepts can only b enjoyed n believed in Sci-Fiction movies but not in reality:undecided:

Interesting. So you think life is something unique to earth in this ENTIRE universe ? Let me try and put this in perspective for you.

jupiter-etc.jpg

sun-etc.jpg

planets04.jpg

sun-vs-other-stars.jpg

There are 300 BILLION stars in our galaxy the Milky way. The sun is no more than a speck of dirt compared to the "regular sized" ones. The disk of the Milky Way galaxy is about 100,000 light years in diameter (one light year is about 9.5 x 1015 meters), and about 1000 light years thick.

Here's the fun part....The milky way is just a tiny speck of dust in the UNIVERSE.

universe-thumb-500x515-50518.jpg

Each one of those "stars" are galaxies. And there are COUNTLESS galaxies in the universe. D you STILL think we're the "only ones" ? :)
@Talon @Marshmallow

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember though that the cartoon is not for viewing with family. Should be viewed alone. Many adult topics and some visuals too :P

then im not gunna watch it i guess!:blink:

hav u any tom n jerry type of cartoons to share where thez concepts r explained? :P

then im not gunna watch it i guess!:blink:

hav u any tom n jerry type of cartoons to share where thez concepts r explained? :P

lol... watch it dude. its awesome. Its basically about 4 kids. So, it is not only ADULT.

It does not stop from displaying anything is what I mean by saying not to be watched with family.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom