What's new

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

Not really.
@Abingdonboy There is a research project going on in creating an artificial brain at EPFL. Work is at advanced stage.

Programmed, there is a huge possibility.

What I mean is, if this theory (that reality is just a simulation) and we were able to prove it. We as humans/simulations would self-destruct, society would fail and the world as we know it would collapse.

IMHO anyway!

i want to see some fgfa s with india and let the fcukn program terminate i dont care..

LMFAO!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy Well, I agree with you assessment that self destruct may occur as humans have tendency to avoid any change and a discovery of this magnitude will certainly challenge all the rules and philosophies we live and are bound together.

Rationality and Truth can be more disastrous if not released in society with control.

Having said that, humans have evolved, challenged and accept completely absurd theories of their time and learnt to deal with it and now they are perfectly OK with it.

Just think of Galileo and Newton's days.

Hope, we get the capability to have Responsibility with Rationality.

Each one of those "stars" are galaxies. And there are COUNTLESS galaxies in the universe. D you STILL think we're the "only ones" ? :)

It's possible but highly unlikely.

In short...my head is hurting thinking about this

@KRAIT , @Chinese-Dragon

I've heard of this before, when I was reading up about existentialism and the concept of a "simulated reality". It's not a bad theory.

They said that since time goes on forever, and the many universes are so vast, there is a possibility we have already reached a very far point in the future, and have created a simulation of the past. And that we are currently living in that simulation.

The argument is based on logic and rationality, which I like... however of course there is zero empirical proof of this being the case.

So it's just a hypothesis. I like it because it sounds fun to me, but I don't feel that it is particularly likely. Possible but unlikely.

As far as we know.

I always thought maya meant power or knowledge? :coffee:

You are right to some extent

1)the power, as of a god, to produce illusions.
2)the production of an illusion.
3.(in Vedantic philosophy) the illusion of the reality of sensory experience and of the experienced qualities and attributes of oneself.

I heard about word maya after listening this song :D

Back
Top Bottom