What's new

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

It feels amazing when you think about the universe--it makes you realize how insignificant and tiny we are in the grand scheme of things. We tend to forget that the louder we scream about the things we do or follow or claim to be the ultimate truth, the more irrelevant we are.

Does this also,mean that we are programmed?

Yes this is very much possible. Human brain feels anything though electronic pulses. These electronic signals can be from body parts or from any other programmed source. Thus going by this if only you somehow manage to keep the brain alive separate from the body then through computer signals it can be made to think that he is alive. He can be made to feel touch, taste, smell etc. Now if you agree with what i said than it should not be difficult for you to imagine that this world could well be an illusion. In other words a simulation.

Yes this is very much possible. As human brain feels anything though electronic pulses. These electronic signals can be from body parts or from any other programmed source. Thus going by this if only you somehow manage to keep the brain alive separate from the body then through computer signals it can be made to think that he is alive. He can made to feel touch, taste, smell etc. Now if you agree with what i said than it should not be difficult for you to imagine that this world could well be an illusion. In other words a simulation.
interesting! :coffee:

well discuss this btw!

@Not Sure in today's world of science and technology, philosophy doesnt rule too much...Besides if it were a computer simulation, that is 1 mega computer and 2ndly, simulations would have short comings...

My dear friend, your whole line of reasoning is flawed. If "this" computer simulation had anomalies, it would always be above and beyond human capability to detect or understand. Simply because you may have already come to consider it as natural, and also because the scale of such an anomaly would be far too complex to be considered. Philosophy has always provoked invention and understanding. It is philosophy that led us to imagine the possibility of creating the things that are not in any way associated with ensuring the sustenance of the Human race.

Every human invention is either the product of philosophical thought or necessity. A very recent and well-known example would be the Einsteins relativity theorem.

Welcome, to the world of science.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats gives a whole new dimension to artificial intelligence-

I always wondered that human body acts like a programmable program-
We got viruses- and anti viruses-
We copy we multiply-
We expire we have a life cycle-

If the whole universe is a program like Matrix then where is the real me?-

My dear friend, your whole line of reasoning is flawed. If "this" computer simulation had anomalies, it would always be above and beyond human capability to detect or understand. Simply because you may have already come to consider it as natural, and also because the scale of such an anomaly would be far too complex to be considered. Philosophy has always provoked invention and understanding. It is philosophy that led us to imagine the possibility of creating the things that are not in any way associated with ensuring the sustenance of the Human race.

Every human invention is either the product of philosophical thought or necessity. A very recent and well-known example would be the Einsteins relativity theorem.

Welcome, to the world of science.

Naah....your world of Physics doesnt fit with my world of Biology ;)

Thats gives a whole new dimension to artificial intelligence-

I always wondered that human body acts like a programmable program-
We got viruses- and anti viruses-
We copy we multiply-
We expire we have a life cycle-

If the whole universe is a program like Matrix then where is the real me?-
interestingly i also sometimes wonder that!

This theory is very much close to the concepts of Shamsuddin Azeemi somehow...

interestingly i also sometimes wonder that!

The difference is the "Programmer" uses flesh and blood in humans- while we use "metal and oil" in Robots-
I dont clearly know if some on is working on replicating a skin- @Talon?-

The difference is the "Programmer" uses flesh and blood in humans- while we use "metal and oil" in Robots-
thats the work of BIOTECHs not botanists.

Inshallah ill be pursuing a career in biotechnology

@JonAsad yes...there are many biologists working on incorporating robotics into human as well as replicating skin (skin is also an organ) and OTHER organs

Thats interesting..as Indian philosophers had predicted about Atom and so many other things,"Maya" is one of the most important aspect of Hinduism..didn't know they actually meant this..LOL..

and whether this test succeed or failed,it'll be one hell of a news.

those who thinks that thats impossible,let me remind them,even "Earth is revolving around the sun" was similarly absurd around 500 years ago."Man flying in the sky on mechanical boat" was absurd and impossible around 200 ago.and Missions in Mars and Moon was impossible only 60 years ago..but the boundary of "Impossible" is crunching very quick and fast,more like every hour..so,don't ridicule those geniuses..

give me one Idea about this thing..ever heard about "Computer Virus"??do you know whats scientists call it??they are "Silicon Based Life Form"..and they already created it.but those life forms are not self sufficient.and thats where the technical challenge lies.where a computer virus can create another computer virus,eat(machine cycles),has survival mechanism(against anti virus and other softwares) etc,which is exactly simulating life,they can't evolve.a virus is creating exactly the same copy of it(or the copy we wanted to make,eg.self replicating virus).now how to make them evolve??scientists are sunning algo for months which are creating unlimited various kind of "Child Virus",and they are testing if some of it "evolves" or not,that means if some virus got its code modified or not,did they get other survival procedure,other way to eat and create another chain of "Child Virus" or not.just like our life form.the day they will create this,that day,Man will create its own life form.so,isn't it logical to think that someone created ours to,and we might be the trapped inside the simulation world just like computer viruses are???

thats the work of BIOTECHs not botanists.

Inshallah ill be pursuing a career in biotechnology

Biotechs or Botanists whatever-

A person dealing in research will have a better idea- so @Talon-

@JonAsad yes...there are many biologists working on incorporating robotics into human as well as replicating skin (skin is also an organ) and OTHER organs

See what i mean @Alpha1- :pop:-

Back
Top Bottom