What's new

Philippine Air Force interested in Gripen

Yeah sure, spoken by a kid who knows nothing about his country's armed forces. This Gripen thing was just musings by some PAF officials who were pissed at the US. They were pissed because the US had the opinion that PAF does not have the operational capability to maintain fighter jets as evidenced by the utter failure in the F-8 and F-5 programs and to some extent the C-130 program (Although PAF have made recent progress by returning 2 C130's to airworthiness). So kid stop trying to look cute. I will call your B.S.

Man you got teabag again i told you to play it easy why take it out on me? speaking of b.s your full of it

Zero_wing, do you not know how hard maintaining a plane is. If the Philippines can't maintain an old, 1960's plane, then a modern fighter jet would last a day before breaking.

Looks like US needs to send airmen to train Filipino airmen who does not have skills to maintain and look after modern planes.

Dude why are you always changing your nationality why not just use your original nationality? I will just throw you a bone one of all the F8 is now in the museum since 1991 so we don't use them anymore and so as half of the F5 fleets is on museum too but one is fleet is maintain for emergencies and now the fighters use as of now is the S211 warrior which we barter trade with Italy way back in 1990s but due to the arrival of the FA50 they will be decommission soon i hope so but there are plans to maintain some maybe as trainers since i just read that on the DND that there are bids for maintenance work from a private contractor bid but no news out of it as of now man fix your self

What is operating & maintainence cost of Su-30 compare to Gripen.

From what limited I know, Swedes designed their jets in such a way that they could land on roads, be maintained with a 5-10 man crew, re-arm and take off for combat.

In short: Low maintenance, limited manpower cost, limited infrastructure cost and high sorties ratio.

For a small country like Philippines it seems to be effective, IF money is not a constraint for their defence ministry.

From what limited I know, Swedes designed their jets in such a way that they could land on roads, be maintained with a 5-10 man crew, re-arm and take off for combat.

In short: Low maintenance, limited manpower cost, limited infrastructure cost and high sorties ratio.

For a small country like Philippines it seems to be effective, IF money is not a constraint for their defence ministry.

I know that Grippen have very good weaponary , less fuel consumption, less maintainence, decent payload etc other hand Sukhoi-27 variant have very good Radar & range but hefty maintainence & fuel cost & also less payload (only 8 ton) if we mind their maximum take off wait.
So, Grippen would be ideal choice for small countries.

Gripen fighter is good choice for small country.

I know that Grippen have very good weaponary , less fuel consumption, less maintainence, decent payload etc other hand Sukhoi-27 variant have very good Radar & range but hefty maintainence & fuel cost & also less payload (only 8 ton) if we mind their maximum take off wait.
So, Grippen would be ideal choice for small countries.

Ya very true

Man you got teabag again i told you to play it easy why take it out on me? speaking of b.s your full of it

You are at it again with your nonsense. You talk about maintenance and yet you don't even know a shred about what you are talking about. Here do some reading (It is 79 pages long) and get back to me when you have something substantial to talk about.

This has a SEA flavor to it.

http://hj.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:542052/FULLTEXT01.pdf

@ p3avi8tor69,

Don't be too harsh on the kid, his spirited response is an example of how aggressive some elements of the Philippine Armed Forces can be, which will prove useful for us in the region.

I would also say that in the time being, the Philippine Air Force will benefit from the acquisition of the F-50 they are to receive from the Korean; the PAF requires at least 5 years to get used to the operation and maintenance of modern jetfighters. Since the F-50 were built and designed after the F-16 variant, within time, the PAF may benefit by purchasing a squadron of F-16s.

Let's commend our friends in the Philippines for their recent military development(s). They now possess the signs of proper American military investment in the near future.

@ p3avi8tor69,

Don't be too harsh on the kid, his spirited response is an example of how aggressive some elements of the Philippine Armed Forces can be, which will prove useful for us in the region.

I would also say that in the time being, the Philippine Air Force will benefit from the acquisition of the F-50 they are to receive from the Korean; the PAF requires at least 5 years to get used to the operation and maintenance of modern jetfighters. Since the F-50 were built and designed after the F-16 variant, within time, the PAF may benefit by purchasing a squadron of F-16s.

Let's commend our friends in the Philippines for their recent military development(s). They now possess the signs of proper American military investment in the near future.

I actually think the upcoming purchase of the Korean f-50 is an excellent move by PAF. They lost their ACM capabilities when they finally retired the F5's (Beyond airframe hours) and the recent purchase of 2 cutters (CODAG) will finally get the PN on the way to a achieving a modern and relevant navy.

I am also delighted at the Philippine government's push to have us rotate our forces there and have us position our equipment there which shows they finally realized that we are their only true reliable ally.

It is the propensity of some Pinoys in parroting rumors as fact that annoys me, in particular, this Gripen thing.

@ p3avi8tor69,

I dont really care about this guy American or not is just a typical tourist to me what can i say a troll is a troll no matter what

I dont really care about this guy American or not is just a typical tourist to me what can i say a troll is a troll no matter what

This typical tourist has posted more facts regarding your country's armed forces than all your drivel combined. You have not countered any of my post with facts, its just the same mindless drivel and worthless insults.

This typical tourist has posted more facts regarding your country's armed forces than all your drivel combined. You have not countered any of my post with facts, its just the same mindless drivel and worthless insults.

@p3avi8tor69 , @Zero_wing,

Gentlemen, please evade personal attacks and insulting each other. Let's focus on the subject matter. Please and Thank You.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think the upcoming purchase of the Korean f-50 is an excellent move by PAF. They lost their ACM capabilities when they finally retired the F5's (Beyond airframe hours) and the recent purchase of 2 cutters (CODAG) will finally get the PN on the way to a achieving a modern and relevant navy.

I am also delighted at the Philippine government's push to have us rotate our forces there and have us position our equipment there which shows they finally realized that we are their only true reliable ally.

It is the propensity of some Pinoys in parroting rumors as fact that annoys me, in particular, this Gripen thing.

Let them dream, for we all deserve to aspire and dream big. Let us applaud our Filipino friends and partners for their development(s). Don't take Zero_Wing too seriously and try not to argue with him. We are all friends and allies. The Philippines is our time-honored friend and partner in the Asia Pacific.

And Filipinos, in general, are very friendly and reliable people.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Kurt

again typical

Back
Top Bottom