What's new

Pew's Global Attitude Survey of Pakistan

pakistan-00-06.png

This was the most surprising part of the survey for me..Pakistani majority's mentality seems very close to that of Taliban's.

Before Salman Taseer's murder, i would have disagreed with you.

Now I agree with you a 100%

It's the bitter truth unfortunately. Even friends studying in good universities have similar (tamer) talibanistic perceptions too :undecided:

Fortunately, there is a silver lining. They're unaware of their own religion and blindly gobble up whatever the celebrity mullahs on TV/parents/'scholars' tell them and i'm sure you've seen many examples on this forum.

Hopefully they'll realize soon enough that no one has an authority on Islam and hence start learning about their religion on their own.

Before Salman Taseer's murder, i would have disagreed with you.

Now I agree with you a 100%

It's the bitter truth unfortunately. Even friends studying in good universities have similar (tamer) talibanistic perceptions too :undecided:

Fortunately, there is a silver lining. They're unaware of their own religion and blindly gobble up whatever the celebrity mullahs on TV/parents/'scholars' tell them and i'm sure you've seen many examples on this forum.

Hopefully they'll realize soon enough that no one has an authority on Islam and hence start learning about their religion on their own.

I think experience is a great teacher..they will have experience these laws first hand before they start rejecting it(like people of SWAT)...something similar to terrorism..Now that Pakistan has experienced terror first hand, see how people's opinion has molded against it ..because like it or not, once upon a time these same groups were Pakistan's strategic assets.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom