What's new

44% of Indians support reunification with Pakistan, finds survey

New Delhi: A survey that aims to “take stock” 75 years after the 1947 Partition — asking citizens of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh a series of questions on political, economic, social, and religious issues — has found that 44 per cent of Indians would support reunification with Pakistan.

Around 14 per cent of Indians said the Pakistani government could be trusted, while 60 per cent believed Bangladesh to be trustworthy, found the survey carried out by the Centre for Voting Opinion & Trends in Election Research (CVoter) and the Centre for Policy Research (CPR).

Conducted across the three countries using 15 languages between May and September, the survey’s first report, released last month — containing the responses of the 5,815 Indians surveyed — also assesses prevalent gender norms, what citizens had to say on India’s economic prospects, the country’s employment situation and its infrastructure.

When asked about democracy in India, the survey also found that 48 per cent of citizens believed it had been strengthened over the past 10 years. Around 51 per cent also believed India was nowhere close to autocratic rule, while about 31 per cent thought the country “might slide” into autocracy.

Partition

Around 46 per cent of Indians said the partition of India and Pakistan was the “right decision at that time”, and 44 per cent supported the division of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The survey, however, noted that people in western India, comprising Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Goa, remained critical of the Partition. The region was also “supportive of any efforts of reunification”.

Age also proved to be a deciding factor in the survey. It said that only 30 per cent respondents above 55 years supported the 1947 Partition, against 57 per cent who thought it was “wrong for the two nations to be divided”.

Progress on infrastructure

When it came to living conditions, the condition of roads, water quality and employment in India, 79 per cent of respondents thought that infrastructural progress had been better than expected.

South India, however, disagreed a little. Only 28 per cent of respondents from the region found progress on infrastructure to be better than expected. In the east and north of India, 53 per cent and 51 per cent respectively shared this view.

The survey also noted that around 70 per cent of ‘upper-caste’ Hindus and people from the Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) believed that progress in infrastructure had been satisfactory. Around 60 per cent of respondents from religious minorities and about 47 per cent of those from Scheduled Castes (SC) found infrastructure development to have been worse than expected.

Economic prospects

When it came to the country’s economic prospects, the survey found most Indians to be optimistic. On average, about a third of respondents agreed that India’s economic condition would improve in a few years, while about 26 per cent predicted it would get worse.

Religious minorities such as Muslims, Christians, and Sikhs, however, reported pessimism. Around 53 per cent of Muslims thought the economic condition of India would progressively worsen.

Gender disparities

The survey also sought to assess how prevalent gender norms affected the country’s economy. Around 62 per cent of respondents said women in their households needed permission to take up jobs, participate in political meetings, or wear the clothes of their choice.

When assessed on these terms, the survey found regional trends: Women in the south enjoyed the least autonomy, while those living in western India enjoyed greater freedom.

The survey also found that 51 per cent of urban women needed permission from their families to work outside their homes, while the percentage stood at 65 per cent for those living in rural India.

When it came to politics, 61 per cent of women said that they had never participated in a rally or campaign. The survey also found that women with more education participated less in political rallies and campaigns.

Source: https://theprint.in/india/75-years-...ification-with-pakistan-finds-survey/1153338/

now where are those jackassess who claimed .."we dont care about Pakistan" blah blah

the fact is clear deep in side your miserable selves you always want Pakistan..

Seems we need to make an n*n matrix on Pakistani ethnicities on who hates whom :lol: Seriously with such internal strife we need to get the brains checked of people supporting reunification

You forgot about the traitor Mir Bajwa.
Us begarat ko to phela he kisi European country ki citizenship mil gai ho gi.

They rule and represent Pakistan lmao
A certain faction of Pakistan which is imposed on us through backdoor political engineering. Otherwise they don't represent Pakistan and will be wiped off from the face if a fair election is held.

Punjabis and Sindhis dont share similarities with indians except Sikhs to best understand this you can go look at DNA samples and compare but i know you as a Afghandu Nationalist its pretty tragic to accept that fact i can see the butthurt through the screen.
Sikhs are religious group.
If u are talking about Punjabi ethinicity, than there are more Punjabi Hindus than Punjabi Sikh.

What if the Choice is between Saudi Arabia and Iran?

Both Saudi and Iran are worst countries.
Wahhabis will prefer Saudi, Shia will prefer Iran,

If Turkey is choice then Barelvis will prefer Turkey (as Sufis came from Turkey), If Choice only Iran and Saudi, then highly chances they will stay in Pakistan

In short, For Iran and Saudi, public in Pakistan will be divided.

FYI pakistani diaspora is among the most retarted diasporas out there

One kid is so off the hook that he believes vast majority of pakistanis want ghazwa hind and ISIS style Sharia law - probably never lived in pakistan but still knows more than anyone else

Another kid after Imran lost is totally off the rails and has Pashtunistan as his DP, desperately want other pakistanis to call themselves Indians without giving a single f about what they themselves think, is talking the crazy talk in every thread he is posting on

Another kid who I won't name is so far right actually want Sharia law and nuclear Armageddon final war while he is chilling in a western country

Another one constantly suck Chinese balls like no TMR want to be carried by them

Wtf is going on ...
Brain dead stuff
@lastofthepatriots @Great Janjua @RealNapster @DESERT FIGHTER
Idk man but I hate Afghans..

Seems we need to make an n*n matrix on Pakistani ethnicities on who hates whom :lol: Seriously with such internal strife we need to get the brains checked of people supporting reunification
Likh likh bhej di seh khoon naal khat ni ho gaya ki tenu teri mar gi eh mat ni mor ke pechari pairi ishq di rah ichu tu te gana vi mohabattan da chat kohlya

Chan verga si tera yaar vairne galian de kakhan wangu enu rolya

Guess the singer mate

Last edited:
This is Pakistan's strength, we are proud people who keep our identities alive. Indians on the other hand have given up on them for the sake of a central govt that only exists because of the British. Pakistanis have no confusion about the fact that Pakistan is an alliance of different people to achieve shared goals, that's it. Everything else is negotiable.

Unlike Indians, it is not easy for any federal govt to keep all Pakistanis in check. No one dominates anyone here.

It’s not fun meeting other racists from your own country eh? You punjabi boi, stop hating yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin instead of projecting insecurities on Indians. Stop thirsting so hard, and hoping people mistake you for a Pashtun. There is no superior race.

I’m sure we can catch up over all the Bollywood trash memes you secretly love so much. If you don’t like them, I’m sure most people in your family would.

Hell, even the memes you people use in pdf are all Bollywood memes.
Tenu tak tak raj len nain ve behja mahi do gharia shallah kadi na judaian pehn ve behja mahi do gharia.

Stop fighting, and we can create free movement in the sub-continent.

Actually, this will happen over time, when people are less religious.

After this survey results, I am inclined to share this

078EBD88-6F32-443C-B738-7AE2D9619FFB.jpeg

After this survey results, I am inclined to share this

View attachment 884893
now just where on earth did our great culture make that a bad word and euphemism for "idiot" ?
1664979337848.png

"ullu bana dia" ka matlab to samjho..

1664979487777.png

that thing is an apex predator and an absolute beast, among the more magnificent creation of Allah !

or did I read the whole thing wrong and that's what it was saying all along, wtf is a gulistan ? :undecided:

Attachments

• 1664979305352.png
    1664979305352.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 18
now just where on earth did our great culture make that a bad word and euphemism for "idiot" ?
Everything is not literal dear virus.

Shayari is shayari. Even Shayar has used it considering “ullu bana diya” has a certain meaning in this part of the world.
Otherwise Ullu is considered an icon of knowledge in many civilisations.

Nothing against an Ullu. I apologies to any Ullu if it’s feelings are hurt.

I know, but it must make some sort of metaphorical sense, hip hop or shayari.

Can you educate us on the origins of it and how it came to be popularly known as something representative of idiocy here ?

Shayari is shayari. Even Shayar has used it considering “ullu bana diya” has a certain meaning in this part of the world.
Otherwise Ullu is considered an icon of knowledge in many civilisations.

Nothing against an Ullu. I apologies to any Ullu if it’s feelings are hurt.

In our culture, owl is considered manhoos, not stupid.

Can you educate us on the origins of it and how it came to be popularly known as something representative of idiocy here ?
No clue.
Being called an “ullu” was always considered a gali in India. It was later that I learnt that Ullu is a fine bird and a smart animal.

But I still wouldn’t call anyone an “Ullu” or myself addressed as such, since it would mean derogatory.

considered manhoos
Yeah, that’s also true. It is said that Ullu can sight afterlife and an Ullu seen at a location is considered a bad omen.
These days it is better to see an Ullu than so many other things.😀

Back
Top Bottom