What's new

Persecution of Orissa Christians by Hindu extremists continues

Hmm..looks like Hindu tolerance is being tested to its limits in Kerala..I`ve always felt parts of Kerala are another Kashmir in the making and with the rise of outfits like the NDF and PDP along with the insidious communalism of IUML etc , this could well be coming true...

Assembly polls: Kerala results show religious polarization - The Times of India

Assembly polls: Kerala results show religious polarization

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The remarkable rally staged by the Left in Kerala which brought it to the brink of an unexpected victory appears to have been facilitated by a Hindu consolidation behind outgoing chief minister V S Achuthanandan.

The voting pattern displayed a communal polarization across the state, with Christians and Muslims consolidating behind Congress-led UDF, and the Hindu areas going with the CPM-led LDF in almost a repeat of the 1987 state polls.

The Congress and allies won maximum seats in Muslim-dominated Mallapuram and Christian belts Ernakulam and Kottayam. The CPM and allies won in Kannur, Kozhikode, Kollam, Palakkad, Alappuzha and Thiruvananthapuram, which all have significant Hindu concentration. Ezhavas, the community to which Achuthanandan belongs, were at the vanguard of Hindu consolidation for their man. Their pro-Achuthanandan fervour was evident in the Left's strong showing in Alappuzha where Congress had hoped to do well.

There were a few exceptions, but broadly, the Hindus gravitated towards the Left in reaction to the UDF's aggressive wooing of Christians and Muslims. In fact, Congress had sniffed the risk and decided to field state party chief Ramesh Chennithala to blunt the reaction among Hindus to the projection of Oomen Chandy as UDF's chief ministerial choice.

Muslims are pro-Congress for a long time, but Christians are also now being coerced to vote against the Left by the Church Leaders through 'Edaya Lekhanam', read during sermons. Sunday service is increasingly being turned into a sideshow for political sermons. The words coming out of the mouth of Church leaders now are somewhat suited for a cutthroat political leader than 'Men of God'.

If you have anything to saying about the topic, then please go ahead, contemplate, else shut your mouth.

Lol this thread has nothing to do with pakistan my little innocent boy, now run along and look for something that you can actually comprehend.

Lol this thread has nothing to do with pakistan my little innocent boy, now run along and look for something that you can actually comprehend.

Yes, this is what I was telling you, stick with what hindu extremists did with christians. rather than proving india to be secular state. Ever heard about Dr. Umer Khalidi??

Muslims are pro-Congress for a long time, but Christians are also now being coerced to vote against the Left by the Church Leaders through 'Edaya Lekhanam', read during sermons. Sunday service is increasingly being turned into a sideshow for political sermons. The words coming out of the mouth of Church leaders now are somewhat suited for a cutthroat political leader than 'Men of God'.

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said:

The essence of the problem is that many of the Churches and Ministries are, in effect, political parties, that too under the control of a foreign master.

Most if not all Churches and ministries are being fed with money from abroad. Church appointments too are decided by foreigners.

Even in Karnataka, these foreign-backed Churches issue political Fatwas before elections.

We in India are quite naive - the Chinese have a very clear understanding that such activities are dangerous. Although I don't agree with Chinese methods for dealing with the issue.

Yes, this is what I was telling you, stick with what hindu extremists did with christians. rather than proving india to be secular state. Ever heard about Dr. Umer Khalidi??

Ask your Chinese friends what they will do to any Muslim under the age of 18, who dares to go to a Mosque. Ask them if you can donate money to set up a Wahhabi mosque in China. Then come and preach here.

Correction- Muslims in Kerala have long been pro- Indian Union Muslim League, a blatantly communal outfit (as the name suggests), vestige of a political movement that led to India's partition (although we should thank it for doing so given the current state of Pakistan) that draws much of its support from an area with a history of violent Islamist insurrection (The Moplah Riots, 1921). Its testament to Congress's utter shamelessness and immorality that it has chosen to associate itself with such a communal and regressive force, not for the uplift of Muslims but merely for short term political gain. But then, as with many things in secular India, there is one set of rules for the so called 'minorities' and another for the 'rest'. So when a Muslim votes for IUML/PDP or a Christian for Kerala Congress (a Christian dominated outfit that primarily lobbies the community's interests) it is hailed as freedom to exercise choice and secularism but when a Hindu votes for the BJP, its decried as Hindu fascism.

i think you have no knowledge about north east indian states were hindus and budhists and other tribal people are forcefully converted to christianity on gunpoint...a Hindu priest was killed by them then too hindus remained quiet...

what you see today is nothing but reaction to all this....you cant clap with one hand...there has to be two hands...you are so blinded by your hate for India that you are seriously mistaking with secular government and secular people...our government is indeed secular as we let person of any religion be our PM or CM...

but people of the secular state sometimes react in a wrong way which must be punished..
people from outside nations like yours have so long tried to break us but you guys will never succeed because there are more sane people in india than whole of subcontinent combined..

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said:

Most if not all Churches and ministries are being fed with money from abroad. Church appointments too are decided by foreigners.

Even in Karnataka, these foreign-backed Churches issue political Fatwas before elections.

We in India are quite naive - the Chinese have a very clear understanding that such activities are dangerous. Although I don't agree with Chinese methods for dealing with the issue.

lol....churches is kerala.

Marthoma : founded in kerala appointments by mallus.

Orthodox : kerala , mallus.

CSI : kerala, mallus.

I only know about kerala in detail, but im more than aware of indigenous north Indian ministries. Most of the Pentecostal are also now managed and funded by Indians with no foreign involvement.

But, as always, im sure this will not stop you from spreading propaganda.

I only know about kerala in detail, but im more than aware of indigenous north Indian ministries. Most of the Pentecostal are also now managed and funded by Indians with no foreign involvement.

I have a completely detached and scientific view about this.

We have to look at sources of funding, whether foreign entities have any influence in appointments, whether distorted and hateful versions of history are being promoted, whether political Fatwas are being issued, whether aggressive proselytization is being carried out.

I am aware the the Syrian Churches of Kerala are quite independent. The Pentecostals, on the other hand, get a lot of money from abroad, as far as I know. There is a lot of data in the book by Malhotra and Nilakanthan.

What about Roman Catholics- the largest Christian Sect in Kerala. Is it not true that the higher positions like Bishop has to be approved from Vatican and Pope. Its like US president approving the appointment of a State CM.

If your religion is good enough it won't need missionaries.

It is all about political power, religion is an excuse.

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”

- Bishop Desmond Tutu

I have a completely detached and scientific view about this.

We have to look at sources of funding, whether foreign entities have any influence in appointments, whether distorted and hateful versions of history are being promoted, whether political Fatwas are being issued, whether aggressive Proselytization is being carried out.

I am aware the the Syrian Churches of Kerala are more independent. The Pentecostals get a lot of money from abroad and are very virulent.

no, im pretty sure your aim is to disseminate propaganda. The indigenous churches ( by no means small in India) are completely detached from any foreign influence. They always have been.....ever since its inception. However, i do agree "some" Pentecostals have foreign backing. But even so the claims that conversion being done at gunpoints are ‏simply not true. Such a move defeats the entire purpose of Christianity. Moreover, such institutions are not really Christian and are always brought down by the legitimate churches. ‎

Look, Syrian churches have mission centres, de-addiction centres, etc in the north.....and i know for a fact that even THEY get persecuted. I have personally visited these sites and can tell you, all they do is humanitarian work.

One of our medical missions in UP was ransacked and ruined in the dead of night by Hindu extremists. Another time, they warned the mission workers to not set up schools or hospitals. This is not rare and this is not isolated.

Hindu extremists are Against uplifting, de-addiction, education, medical programs for the the lower caste / dalit population out of fear of losing manual laborers.

Well, not just extremists...even common households are against uplifting the lower caste.

‏

What about Roman Catholics- the largest Christian Sect in Kerala. Is it not true that the higher positions like Bishop has to be approved from Vatican and Pope. Its like US president approving the appointment of a State CM.

catholicism is international. It is not different in any other country except maybe China. You should read more about it.

That being said, i despise the catholic system . This is my personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom