What's new

Persecution of Orissa Christians by Hindu extremists continues

What are you referring to specifically.

Stuff about Hinduism being scientifically supported by some kind of evidence. It was awhile ago.

My point is why ridicule him for his unquestioning beliefs when you're doing the same?

Stuff about Hinduism being scientifically supported by some kind of evidence. It was awhile ago.

My point is why ridicule him for his unquestioning beliefs when you're doing the same?

I don't think I have ever advocated unquestioning beliefs of any kind.

You can pursue this further in another thread, if you like.

No religion can be scientifically proven, for the matter you cannot scientifically rationalize laws that are made to control society as there are no scientifically sound premises to begin with. At max you will find assumptions as premises and laws that built on that assumptions logically, so religious texts/ law books might be locally correct but not scientifically.

No religion can be scientifically proven, for the matter you cannot scientifically rationalize laws that are made to control society as there are no scientifically sound premises to begin with. At max you will find assumptions as premises and laws that built on that assumptions logically, so religious texts/ law books might be locally correct but not scientifically.

Sanatan Dharma is not a "religion" in the Abrahamic sense of the term. I would say that the scientific method should be applicable universally. But that is a whole new philosophical discussion.

Hate to break the news to you but Christianity is growing in all parts of India.

I don't think any Indian has a problem if an individual decides to convert on his own.

One recurring theme I see in the posts of many here is its ok for the rich and educated to convert but not for the poor. Yet throughout India the Rich and the poor are committing their lives to Jesus.
You are twisting posts from people here. No one has said that. However, a rich and educated man/woman will make that choice on their own since they can. We have no problems with that.

Hindu extremists can drive Christians out of their homes. But that will simply spread Christianity to other parts of India.

Missionaries mis-represent other religions by twisting lines from Sanskrit slokas or Kuran to spread false news. They make fake promises to the naive and the gullible. Many have been caught in other illegal activities. This "extreme" behavior sometimes cause a response. The response is again made part of the propaganda of the missionaries and in the end label "Hindus" as extreme when only a 2-3 Hindus were involved. You may believe in whatever you are taught, but in India irrespective of the religion, secularism has taught us all to respect each others faith. So in that regard there have been many "Fathers" who engage in sexual activity with children. We, in India do not call Christians "Pedophiles".
Without understanding the ground realities in another country it is preposterous to name someone from a particular religion "Extreme"!!

. They have a revelation that what Jesus taught is real.

Whatever..but does it mean "propaganda against Hindus and Muslims" is part of the teaching? If no, please change your views on Hindus and Muslims in India. If you ever want to spread the message of Christianity please do so fairly.

if somebody is switching religion, its their his/hers personal matter. Even if it looks like they are doing so primarily for financial gains. In BD it is common knowledge that when you become Christian, you get stuff. So if people switch to get stuff, it is still their choice.

if somebody is switching religion, its their his/hers personal matter. Even if it looks like they are doing so primarily for financial gains. In BD it is common knowledge that when you become Christian, you get stuff. So if people switch to get stuff, it is still their choice.

who is denying conversion for sane people??
but missionaries in india fool illiterate tribal people by giving them holy water which actually some medicine..these people think it is miracle...this is how religion is bring spread..also in North East india so called liberation terrorist orgs are converting hindus,budhists on gunpoint..they also killed a hindu priest to terrorize people..

@Thomas...i can show u hundreds of videos of british (christians)killing hindus..
Did u forget jalianwala bagh ????????
Killed 100's of hindu with the barrel of christain guns??????????

Majority who died in Jallianwala Bagh were Sikhs! It was April 13, Sikh festival Baisakhi.

Learn to seperate invaders/army from religion. You cant link atrocities of Aurangzeb to Islam, British Empire to Chritianity.

What happened in 1984 Sikh Genocide, Gujarat riots and Orissa is national shame.

Majority who died in Jallianwala Bagh were Sikhs! It was April 13, Sikh festival Baisakhi.

Learn to seperate invaders/army from religion. You cant link atrocities of Aurangzeb to Islam, British Empire to Chritianity.

What happened in 1984 Sikh Genocide, Gujarat riots and Orissa is national shame.

yes you can not link british invasion to christanity but in case of aurangjeb you always can...
remember jiziya tax?
it was only meant for hindus...

I've no suspect for the patriotism of current bunch Christians of india...but

I've not heard name of a single leading freedom fighter of india who was Christan . If anyone knows he may enlighten me on this.

I've no suspect for the patriotism of current bunch Christians of india...but

I've not heard name of a single leading freedom fighter of india who was Christan . If anyone knows he may enlighten me on this.

this is BS..
how many christians there where pre-independence?
not everyone has to be freedom fighter...
take example of parsis who did very good job of building india pre-independence and also post-independence ..

@ Thomas , you may find this interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom