What's new

Persecution of Orissa Christians by Hindu extremists continues

no, im pretty sure your aim is to disseminate propaganda. The indigenous churches ( by no means small in India) are completely detached from any foreign influence. They always have been.....ever since its inception. However, i do agree "some" Pentecostals have foreign backing. But even so the claims that conversion being done at gunpoints are ‏simply not true. Such a move defeats the entire purpose of Christianity. Moreover, such institutions are not really Christian and are always brought down by the legitimate churches. ‎

Look, Syrian churches have mission centres, de-addiction centres, etc in the north.....and i know for a fact that even THEY get persecuted. I have personally visited these sites and can tell you, all they do is humanitarian work.

One of our medical missions in UP was ransacked and ruined in the dead of night by Hindu extremists. Another time, they warned the mission workers to not set up schools or hospitals. This is not rare and this is not isolated.

Hindu extremists are Against uplifting, de-addiction, education, medical programs for the the lower caste / dalit population out of fear of losing manual laborers.

Well, not just extremists...even common households are against uplifting the lower caste.

‏

Firstly, leave aside the caste propaganda. Even Dr. Ambedkar, the greatest Dalit leader, was very clear that missionary activity can be dangerous.

Some Churches may well be doing good work, without foreign funding, and without ulterior motives. But the unscrupulous Churches are ruining the reputation of all Christians.

And I don't support any unconstitutional measures - it would be better if the anti-conversion activists peacefully distribute pamphlets with quotes of Gandhi and Ambedkar against conversions.

Firstly, leave aside the caste propaganda. Even Dr. Ambedkar, the greatest Dalit leader, was very clear that missionary activity can be dangerous.

How easy! Do you think "quotes" justify the atrocities against the lower caste population?! In places like kerala....caste issues are non-existent. But in sharp contrast the northern states have extremely divided societies with some maintaining the rest are subservient to them. This is reality and this is undeniable. These folks have this "superiority complex " deeply ingrained in them, that they immediately move to oppose any establishment meant to alleviate the conditions of the down trodden.

And I don't support any unconstitutional measures - it would be better if the anti-conversion activists peacefully distribute pamphlets with quotes of Gandhi and Ambedkar against conversions.
Whether you support or not, its not going to change the fact that extremist elements are always going to resort to violence and there will always be martyrs spawning from this senseless hate propaganda. Frankly, i am amazed by the resolve of our missionaries and mission workers. These are true men of quality and integrity that are dime a dozen.

As for constitution...it is the integral right of every Indian citizen to practice, profess, and support any religion of their choice. You would do well to remember that. India, is secular and we are united by our identity as INDIANS...not by the label of religion or caste. Live. And let live.

How easy! Do you think "quotes" justify the atrocities against the lower caste population?! In places like kerala....caste issues are non-existent. But in sharp contrast the northern states have extremely divided societies with some maintaining the rest are subservient to them. This is reality and this is undeniable. These folks have this "superiority complex " deeply ingrained in them, that they immediately move to oppose any establishment meant to alleviate the conditions of the down trodden.

You are missing the point. Dr Ambedkar was very aware of the caste issues. But still, he was very strongly against missionary activities.

Whether you support or not, its not going to change the fact that extremist elements are always going to resort to violence and there will always be martyrs spawning from this senseless hate propaganda. Frankly, i am amazed by the resolve of our missionaries and mission workers. These are true men of quality and integrity that are dime a dozen.

Many of these missionaries are pawns in a larger diabolical game. Sometimes they may be willing pawns, others may be well-intentioned but brainwashed. Let me again quote Bishop Desmond Tutu:

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”

It is all about political power, religion is an excuse.

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”

- Bishop Desmond Tutu

Thomas should read this...because he thinks missionaries spread religion as jesus told them to do so...i dont think jesus told them to grab other's land..

Thomas should read this...because he thinks missionaries spread religion as jesus told them to do so...i dont think jesus told them to grab other's land..

"Land" is way of expressing it - those who are funding the missionaries are interested in political power, ultimately.

The book by Malhotra and Nilakanthan very meticulously and painstakingly traces the networks of funding and influence.

"Land" is way of expressing it - those who are funding the missionaries are interested in political power, ultimately.

The book by Malhotra and Nilakanthan very meticulously and painstakingly traces the networks of funding and influence.

these people get money from all across the globe..

do watch god tv sometimes...that day one women was demanding money from viewers...she was saying "Satan is in the sky above us and we need to spread the word of god in sky and for that we need money...GOD wants GOD Tv to be a huge empire to spread his word all across the world...no gift is too small" :D :rofl:

also read some more from brilliant GOD Tv..

GOD TV: Send Us Four Million Dollars! | Slaughter of the Sheep

where does this money go??

these people get money from all across the globe..

do watch god tv sometimes...that day one women was demanding money from viewers...she was saying "Satan is in the sky above us and we need to spread the word of god in sky and for that we need money...GOD wants GOD Tv to be a huge empire to spread his word all across the world...no gift is too small" :D :rofl:

The small donors are the useful idiots. These outfits also have strong backing from the highest political actors in the west.

no, im pretty sure your aim is to disseminate propaganda. The indigenous churches ( by no means small in India) are completely detached from any foreign influence. They always have been.....ever since its inception. However, i do agree "some" Pentecostals have foreign backing. But even so the claims that conversion being done at gunpoints are ‏simply not true. Such a move defeats the entire purpose of Christianity. Moreover, such institutions are not really Christian and are always brought down by the legitimate churches. ‎

Look, Syrian churches have mission centres, de-addiction centres, etc in the north.....and i know for a fact that even THEY get persecuted. I have personally visited these sites and can tell you, all they do is humanitarian work.

One of our medical missions in UP was ransacked and ruined in the dead of night by Hindu extremists. Another time, they warned the mission workers to not set up schools or hospitals. This is not rare and this is not isolated.

Hindu extremists are Against uplifting, de-addiction, education, medical programs for the the lower caste / dalit population out of fear of losing manual laborers.

Well, not just extremists...even common households are against uplifting the lower caste.

‏

I am sorry to hear about that but then again , as I said in an earlier post you cannot compare Kerala's social structure with rest of India especially up North. These people have to face the brunt of Islamic and Colonial invasions. So they are not open to foreign ideas as easily as Keralites do.

Also why you need religious banner to do charitable work, why can't be it done under a NGO like RedCross.

Coming back to Kerala, missionaries started out by doing charitable work but now they are the richest institution in Kerala and the clergy is acting like the CEO of a MNC.

I must say ... its's bad thing to do ....

remember SIKHS were killed by terrorists and were homeless in Pakistan ...we did not help them too..... we should peep inside our shirts and then point out at others,,,,

There is no doubt that in history some abuses have taken place in Chritianity. Just as abuses have been committed in all major religions. Is not this thread about the abuses of Hindu extremists and their supporters agianst Christians? Are some of those Christians not also being kept from going back to thier land and homes under the threat of death?

This is nothing new however it has been going on for centuries. 2 weeks ago at work it came to my attention about something similar happening on a smaller scale in Chiapas Mexico. all the Christians in a certian village were attacked and driven out of their homes. The homes were destroyed and they were told not to return or they would be killed.

There is no doubt that in history some abuses have taken place in Chritianity. Just as abuses have been committed in all major religions. Is not this thread about the abuses of Hindu extremists and their supporters agianst Christians? Are some of those Christians not also being kept from going back to thier land and homes under the threat of death?

This is nothing new however it has been going on for centuries. 2 weeks ago at work it came to my attention about something similar happening on a smaller scale in Chiapas Mexico. all the Christians in a certian village were attacked and driven out of their homes. The homes were destroyed and they were told not to return or they would be killed.
Stick to Orissa incident, dont connect it with mexico incident to make a theme.
The issue in Orissa is poor people are converted using inducement which causes friction in deprived areas.
Why no anti christian riots happen in cities and towns where people are educated? Because no conversion and no selling and buying of souls.

You must already be knowing all these things, only that for you the missionaries are doing the right thing.

Stick to Orissa incident, dont connect it with mexico incident to make a theme.
The issue in Orissa is poor people are converted using inducement which causes friction in deprived areas.
Why no anti christian riots happen in cities and towns where people are educated? Because no conversion and no selling and buying of souls.

You must already be knowing all these things, only that for you the missionaries are doing the right thing.
Why is his comparison with Mexico unrelated? It is very similiar to what goes down in India. Caste oppression is also a very relevant factor when you consider the opposition to missionary activities.

Question remains....why should it bother anyone if someone else chooses to follow another religion?

And lol at the bit about conversions not happening in urban/city areas......

Back
Top Bottom