What's new

PEMRA Issues Order to Stop Airing Hindi Dubbed Cartoons

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
upload_2016-5-27_23-32-59.png

PEMRA has decided to ban the airing of dubbed cartoons on cartoon channels on television. Specifically, Hindi dubbed cartoons were banned from airing by PEMRA. This move seems like a response to previous orders by the Supreme Court to take strict measures against objectionable content aired on the TV channels.

Drama serials were pointed out as being the prime offenders, while some channels were accused of being bribed and promoting agendas against Pakistani society and even against certain individuals. The Chief Justice had urged PEMRA to take stronger action against the offenders instead of just issuing warnings to them.

Why Were Hindi Dubbed Cartoons Banned?

Watching cartoons in Hindi, children inevitably start speaking adopting Hindi terms. In addition to that, these cartoons include Hindu culture specific words, which leads the children to use these terms in everyday speech. PEMRA has deemed this unacceptable and banned Hindi dubbed cartoons.

The cartoon channels themselves are also to blame for this. They use Hindi dubbed versions of cartoons which are easier to acquire and cheaper, instead of hiring voice actors to get them dubbed in Urdu.

Urdu dubbed versions will be more accurate in terms of language used in our country. They will also help children improve their Urdu, whereas most of them speak better Hindi nowadays.

Final Thoughts

This is one of the better initiatives introduced by PEMRA to help decrease the amount of Hindi content that has seeped onto our TV channels. Our national language is dying a slow death and anything that helps reverse the trend is a welcome move. This could also help in creating many jobs for English-Urdu dubbers.

http://www.pakistankakhudahafiz.com/news/pemra-issues-order-stop-airing-hindi-dubbed-cartoons/

View attachment 307276

PEMRA has decided to ban the airing of dubbed cartoons on cartoon channels on television. Specifically, Hindi dubbed cartoons were banned from airing by PEMRA. This move seems like a response to previous orders by the Supreme Court to take strict measures against objectionable content aired on the TV channels.

Drama serials were pointed out as being the prime offenders, while some channels were accused of being bribed and promoting agendas against Pakistani society and even against certain individuals. The Chief Justice had urged PEMRA to take stronger action against the offenders instead of just issuing warnings to them.

Why Were Hindi Dubbed Cartoons Banned?

Watching cartoons in Hindi, children inevitably start speaking adopting Hindi terms. In addition to that, these cartoons include Hindu culture specific words, which leads the children to use these terms in everyday speech. PEMRA has deemed this unacceptable and banned Hindi dubbed cartoons.

The cartoon channels themselves are also to blame for this. They use Hindi dubbed versions of cartoons which are easier to acquire and cheaper, instead of hiring voice actors to get them dubbed in Urdu.

Urdu dubbed versions will be more accurate in terms of language used in our country. They will also help children improve their Urdu, whereas most of them speak better Hindi nowadays.

Final Thoughts

This is one of the better initiatives introduced by PEMRA to help decrease the amount of Hindi content that has seeped onto our TV channels. Our national language is dying a slow death and anything that helps reverse the trend is a welcome move. This could also help in creating many jobs for English-Urdu dubbers.

http://www.pakistankakhudahafiz.com/news/pemra-issues-order-stop-airing-hindi-dubbed-cartoons/

Instead of urdu and hindi the cartoons should be in English , This not only helps teenagers or children to learn a lot of new vocabulary but also he /she would speak good fluent english in the future . When I was a kid I learned a lot of new words and got a lot of ideas watching cartoons . Then hindi dubbed cartoons came which not only destroyed the children's base of english but also urdu .Hindi dubbed cartoons are a disaster for the new generation as the kids use many hindi slangs and words in daily life which are not part of urdu language .No offense to Indians but I personally hated hindi dubbed cartoons .:hitwall:

Cartoon network - Hindi
pogo - hindi
DISNEY - hindi :mad:

The next step should be banning Indian dramas 8-) The sound effects and background music are so annoying , its like your watching a war movie so much bangs and artillery sound . The story is also shit in most of the Dramas. when

My maid is a great fan of the Indian serials and I am scared that my maid doesn't end up dry cleaning my laptop with surf excel like in this video . :partay:

Last edited:
South Asia loves to ban stuff. I just read Indian censor board is not giving a certificate to the movie "Udta Punjab". Banning Hindi cartoons? They are not even in Hindi - but in Hindustani. Funny how Pakistan is fine with Urdu which too has its origins in India. As if languages have a religion. Surely watching Donald Duck in English didn't make anyone want to convert to Christianity.

The next step should be banning Indian dramas 8-) The sound effects and background music are so annoying , its like your watching a war movie so much bangs and artillery sound . The story is also shit in most of the Dramas. when
There are certain things which are immoral, obscene, vulgar, against religion etc which must be banned on TV

Banning other programs won't solve the problem

Pakistan should produce better indigenous programs instead of banning foreign programs.

After watching some latest Bollowood movies one surely learns a language which is neither Hindi or Urdu. But it is a cocktail of Mumbaiya Hindustani and English to which Teens all over India except south India are getting used to

Great Only Urdu should be promoted no other foreign languages are allowed apart from English.

South Asia loves to ban stuff. I just read Indian censor board is not giving a certificate to the movie "Udta Punjab". Banning Hindi cartoons? They are not even in Hindi - but in Hindustani. Funny how Pakistan is fine with Urdu which too has its origins in India. As if languages have a religion. Surely watching Donald Duck in English didn't make anyone want to convert to Christianity.
Why should we be supporting Sanskrit, when it is dying it's natural death in the place of it's origin.
Urdu has more Farsi and Arabic roots than "Hindustani".

Too late, pluse i don't think its going to be implemented, also there is alot of other hindi stuff running on our TV.why not bann them all.

Instead of urdu and hindi the cartoons should be in English , This not only helps teenagers or children to learn alot of new vocabulary but also he /she would speak good fluent English in the future . When i was a kid i learned alot of new words and got alot of ideas seeing cartoons . Then hindi dubbed cartoons came which not only destroyed the children's base of English but also urdu .Hindi dubbed cartoons are a disaster for the new generation as the kids use many hindi slangs and words in daily life which are not part of urdu language .No offense to Indians but i personally hated hindi dubbed cartoons .:hitwall:

Cartoon network - Hindi
pogo - hindi
DISNEY - hindi :mad:

My maid is a great fan of the indian serials and i am scared that my maid doesn't end up dry cleaning my laptop with surf excel like in this video . :partay:
There is actually no offense in your post but honest reality, i or maybe large majority of younger gen will support banning the Indian content in Pak or vice versa in India especially after the new govt and his lackey started to air Pak dramas to please Modi and his idea of initial "Aman ki Asha"

These dramas represent culture, lifestyle and way of life which is completely incompatible in India and Pak.

Pak should also completely ban Bwood irrespective of censor board permission.

Last edited:
hindi dubbed Cartoons are spoiling language and character of Pakistani children and Hindi dubbed info channels like Discovery , Animal Planet, History and National Geographic is spoiling the language of Youth ....

Instead of urdu and hindi the cartoons should be in English , This not only helps teenagers or children to learn alot of new vocabulary but also he /she would speak good fluent English in the future . When i was a kid i learned alot of new words and got alot of ideas seeing cartoons . Then hindi dubbed cartoons came which not only destroyed the children's base of English but also urdu .Hindi dubbed cartoons are a disaster for the new generation as the kids use many hindi slangs and words in daily life which are not part of urdu language .No offense to Indians but i personally hated hindi dubbed cartoons .:hitwall:

Makes a lot of sense. :tup:

Very good move...the invasion of this inferior Indian culture must be stopped..even Pakistani hindus dont like Indian culture..
Yupp, you should start a petition to ban all Indian content in Pakistan.

There are certain things which are immoral, obscene, vulgar, against religion etc which must be banned on TV

Banning other programs won't solve the problem

Pakistan should produce better indigenous programs instead of banning foreign programs.

After watching some latest Bollowood movies one surely learns a language which is neither Hindi or Urdu. But it is a cocktail of Mumbaiya Hindustani and English to which Teens all over India except south India are getting used to
There is actually no offense in your post but honest reality, i or maybe large majority of younger gen will support banning the Indian content in Pak or vice versa in India especially after the new govt and his lackey started to air Pak dramas to please Modi and his idea of initial "Aman ki Asha"

These dramas represent culture, lifestyle and way of life which is completely incompatible in India and Pak.

Makes a lot of sense. :tup:

Yupp, you should start a petition to ban all Indian content in Pakistan.

That is mostly because of my laziness :enjoy: Thanks for correcting me :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom