What's new

PEMRA Issues Order to Stop Airing Hindi Dubbed Cartoons

Let's just appreciate PEMRA. At least the Hindu influence could be curbed. Let's applaud them where it is due.

FINALLY !!!

This was really among the dumbest moves to start them in the worst place. I am in export business and to deal with lots of foreigners.Have often been told that my accent is not like most Pakistani/Indians and is better. The ONLY reason i always tell them is CARTOONs. In my time (not that i am 70 years old now :P ) when i was a kid the cartoons were only in English, there were some other great programs too being aired in English. I leaned more about accent and vocabulary from that than i learned in English class. :P

A Great move and i hope this is implemented immediately. Believe me, if they were in English i would still find some time to watch them.

Finally. They have been banning things left and right and they hit the mark. Now if we can get one on Bollywood films. :p

I hated Hindi dubbed cartoon network
My childhood cartoon network memories are from English cartoon network and they had a great impact on my English language growth as well.

This is indeed a very good step and I appreciate it and support it.

In fact if they want dubbings then they should try Urdu dubbings. Open dub centers and go nuts with Urdu dubbing on every cartoon and film. That would be alright as well.

I will miss oggy and the cockroaches hindi version :D bhaiyyaaaaa

So PEMRA does some good decisions in between...Very nice much appreciated. We need to stop the onslaught of vulgarity and obscenity from across the border. A decadent culture. English movies are much better than Hindi movies in content and production quality.

Let's just appreciate PEMRA. At least the Hindu influence could be curbed. Let's applaud them where it is due.
Thier country, their language.
they wont even understand half the hindi words spoken.
Words like gaurav, pragati,shaanti, are all alien words to them.

I am sure i would have also not understood urdu cartoons if they were to be aired in India.

South Asia loves to ban stuff. I just read Indian censor board is not giving a certificate to the movie "Udta Punjab". Banning Hindi cartoons? They are not even in Hindi - but in Hindustani. Funny how Pakistan is fine with Urdu which too has its origins in India. As if languages have a religion. Surely watching Donald Duck in English didn't make anyone want to convert to Christianity.
Ever heard of linguistics influence ?

after 69 years we stll need to promote urdu/hindi. if you cudnt do that in 69 years, how many more do you need.
however, from a pak "insecure" perspective, this is definitely a good decision. young kids have impressionable minds. they absorb language/vocab at an amazing rate. why give them an alien (yes, urdu n hindi are alien to each other, and the hindi in discussion is far from the sanskritised hindi ), when they can learn their own language instead.
its only better for the present generation to feel good about themselves n their children by barring outside influences.
next, make shalwar the national dress and ban anything western/india. how about banning sarees for starters.

Thier country, their language.
they wont even understand half the hindi words spoken.
Words like gaurav, pragati,shaanti, are all alien words to them.

I am sure i would have also not understood Urdu cartoons if they were to be aired in India.

Not anymore, dame those cartoons.

Not that i have anything against Hindi, it is a language just like any other but if the kids are learning English that would be more practical i would say, keeping in how the world is today. Hindi dubbed cartons while preventing the kids for building there English vocabulary and accent that would be more helpful for and practical for them in future was also messing up with our own language Urdu. These words you mentioned, i know meaning of all of these thanks to these dubbing (even though i don't watch these dubbed cartoons anymore but men have to watch discovery and National geographic some times, :D That too is Hindi dubbed on my cable. :( I just hope that is sorted too. Viman durghatna grast hoty daik daik ka thak gya hoo,, need to see air crash investigation again. :P :lol:

Good move Pakistanis youth can't understand mixed Sanskrit words also it makes their grades lower in Urdu in schools i guess?

Not anymore, dame those cartoons.
These words you mentioned, i know meaning of all of these thanks to these dubbing (even though i don't watch these dubbed cartoons anymore but men have to watch discovery and National geographic some times, :D That too is Hindi dubbed on my cable. :(

Bwahahaha
Indianisation of Pakistan? :lol:

Viman durghatna grast hoty daik daik ka thak gya hoo,, need to see air crash investigation again. :P :lol:
Okay now.
Try this
"Laupatgamini sthal". :devil:

Back
Top Bottom