What's new

PEMRA Issues Order to Stop Airing Hindi Dubbed Cartoons

Why should we be supporting Sanskrit, when it is dying it's natural death in the place of it's origin.
Urdu has more Farsi and Arabic roots than "Hindustani".

Sanskrit is already dead. Urdu is pretty much Hindi with some minor influences of Persian and Arabic. I can't understand a word of Persian or Arabic but Urdu. Anyhow, banning anything just doesn't work - it only aids the bootleggers

Good move. Hope the Hindu words did not corrupt the young vulnerable minds.
South Asia loves to ban stuff. I just read Indian censor board is not giving a certificate to the movie "Udta Punjab". Banning Hindi cartoons? They are not even in Hindi - but in Hindustani. Funny how Pakistan is fine with Urdu which too has its origins in India. As if languages have a religion. Surely watching Donald Duck in English didn't make anyone want to convert to Christianity.
Yeah and it has apparently been released without the censor board certificate. May be you should check where you read your news from.

Sanskrit is already dead. Urdu is pretty much Hindi with some minor influences of Persian and Arabic. I can't understand a word of Persian or Arabic but Urdu. Anyhow, banning anything just doesn't work - it only aids the bootleggers
A language is as dead as the people want it to be. It sees a comeback now. Many universities have opened new departments and there is a huge demand for Sanskrit scholars - so much so that even in BHU there are German Sanskrit teachers!

Not to mention Sanskrit is the mother tongue in two villages in Karnataka.

Besides, hard rock sounds awesome in Sanskrit.
Here is one -

most of the cartoon I see are in colloquial hindi/hindustani.. not highly sanskritized DD News type hindi.. its not miles away from colloquial urdu.

Good move . stop tht chota bheem kind of crap .
I can understand banning chote bhim as it has religious angle to it, and its actually not dubbed cartoon... we are talking about other cartoons here.

Good move. Hope the Hindu words did not corrupt the young vulnerable minds.

Yeah and it has apparently been released without the censor board certificate. May be you should check where you read your news from.

A language is as dead as the people want it to be. It sees a comeback now. Many universities have opened new departments and there is a huge demand for Sanskrit scholars - so much so that even in BHU there are German Sanskrit teachers!

Not to mention Sanskrit is the mother tongue in two villages in Karnataka.

Besides, hard rock sounds awesome in Sanskrit.
Here is one -

It has not released. No cinema in India can show a flick without censor certificate. Unless you are talking of a pirated release like the movie "Paanch”.

You can understand Urdu because you are born in an era in which majority Sanskrit words are replaced with their Urdu counterparts. Apart from few left and the scripture to distinguish between Hindi and Urdu. Urdu is born in modern times whose scripture is borrowed from Arabic and well attributed to Muslim conquerors of sub-continent.

Finally! The hindi dubs were bad just plain bad and are actually destroying children's Urdu bases. But banning indian dramas and movies wouldn't be of any advantage as they don't influence children in the same way and usually not at all. The banning of indian dramas and movies would also leave a big void in Pakistan's entertainment industry plus it would lead to india doing the same which again wouldnt be of any advantage to us.

آپ لوگ سمجھنے کی کوشش کیوں نہیں کررہے ؟ پیمرا کا مقصد ہندی زبان ڈبڈ کارٹون روکنے کا نہیں بلکہ جو کارٹون ہندوازم پر مبنی ہیں ان کو روکنا ہے۔

can somebody post an example of hindi dubbing that is objectionable..

Back
Top Bottom