What's new

PEMRA Issues Order to Stop Airing Hindi Dubbed Cartoons

i was thinking for improving English of our kids
janab pehle basic english to aati ho...aur sirf urban logo ke baache hi cartoons kyo deekhe..if i am not wrong every one has an option of selecting the language of hte serial being aired for cartoon network channel.

You keep at this and PEMRA will ban you too.
Let PEMRA approach me and i'll talk to them in pure hindi. :P
Okay now, so the meaning of the word is...

LAU- PATH- GAMINI STHAL. :)

RAILWAY station. :)

You have not know many Pathans then, i have. :)
You misconstrued my statement. :tsk:
I did say Pathans are "emotional" beings. By emotional I meant, they have a tendency to get attached to ppl easily. I do have pathan friends. They've been sweet to me, but yes most of them loose their cool easily, is what I have observed. But then I don't want to pull blanket statement on 'em. I found pashtuns to be jovial, friendly, short on fuse and good looking. Yeah! that's what I think of them. One such Pashtun who's short on fuse on this forum is.... ahem... @Kaptaan
hehe. Kaptaan's gonna split and slice me for this. :lol:
cheers! don't mean to offend anyone. :cheers:

ciao

Please!!!! Thank you. That was long overdue. Also ban ads or lower the time given to ads promoting products featruing Indian stars.

IDK Hindi and Urdu so I'm unable watch any content in these languages but of course your cultural values are different from each other and children are really impressionable small people. Every nation has the right to select what it wants to filter especially when it comes to kids.

IDK Hindi and Urdu so I'm unable watch any content in these languages but of course your cultural values are different from each other and children are really impressionable small people. Every nation has the right to select what it wants to filter especially when it comes to kids.
not really. cultural..... no at one point they were one country. visited both countries the only big differance i can find is religion.

Last edited:
I started studying Indo-Pak history and culture, I'm learning process and my conclusions are thus no way fully developed but I have one observation, there are two groups one claims that both countries have same culture and goes with a long list while the other maintains they are totally different. But I find the truth lies somewhere in between these two extremities. You both have some common things and some differences. As I know people can understand each other using Urdu and Hindi..right? Similarly many foods are also same, some customs and traditions, you play same sports, to some extent dressing also. However the differences are largely motivated by the religions, Hinduism and Islam, so though even similar foods but there is difference that a practicing Hindu won't eat many food made of meat especially cow, similarly the requirement of hijab for Muslim women makes a huge difference in the they dress and carry themselves, names are different, and since Hinduism is more relaxed on moral values thus certain things are taken very lightly by Hindus as compared to Muslims. Though India also has a large population of Muslims but the dominant culture is of the majority while Pakistan also has a large population of Hindus but the dominant culture is Islam....Similar to difference between Singapore and Malaysia, but we coexist more peacefully.
Thus banning each other's material makes sense, however both nations need to find what should be allowed and what should not. Total cut off may not help either.

now really. cultural..... no at one point they were one country. visited both countries the only big differance i can find is religion.
Agreed :) that's what I find in my research/study too.

Any Pakistan friend watches the current most popular sitcom on indian TV
Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai ? :-) Its on &TV .

Hindi Cartoons aren't actually too sanskritized and use to many Urdu/hindustani words instead of their Sanskrit hindi alternatives .

Last edited:
I started studying Indo-Pak history and culture, I'm learning process and my conclusions are thus no way fully developed but I have one observation, there are two groups one claims that both countries have same culture and goes with a long list while the other maintains they are totally different. But I find the truth lies somewhere in between these two extremities. You both have some common things and some differences. As I know people can understand each other using Urdu and Hindi..right? Similarly many foods are also same, some customs and traditions, you play same sports, to some extent dressing also. However the differences are largely motivated by the religions, Hinduism and Islam, so though even similar foods but there is difference that a practicing Hindu won't eat many food made of meat especially cow, similarly the requirement of hijab for Muslim women makes a huge difference in the they dress and carry themselves, names are different, and since Hinduism is more relaxed on moral values thus certain things are taken very lightly by Hindus as compared to Muslims. Though India also has a large population of Muslims but the dominant culture is of the majority while Pakistan also has a large population of Hindus but the dominant culture is Islam....Similar to difference between Singapore and Malaysia, but we coexist more peacefully.
Thus banning each other's material makes sense, however both nations need to find what should be allowed and what should not. Total cut off may not help either.

Agreed :) that's what I find in my research/study too.
indeed if the india vs pakistan saga ended both side would get along splendedly
the foods are kind of the same but you find less meat food in india. buthe sweets and snacksa are kind of the same with suttle differances.. sport.... they both follow cricket like its a religion.
personally i dont like the hijab. its too restrictive in my opinion. the quran says women must dress modestly not cover yourself compleatly. here in the uk you will find the older generation and religious families wearing hijabs the musim families who's parents were born here are very likley to not bother wearing hijabs at all sure you may find the odd one here and ther and some may wear scarfs over western cloths but the rest just standar westen cloths. personally i too find hijabs as a cultural thing as opposed to a religious one too. for pakistanis canage will ome with time where the younger generation chnage the face of pakistan same applies to india as well.

the video below should explain better then me

Last edited:
indeed if the india vs pakistan saga ended both side would get along splendedly
the foods are kind of the same but you find less meat food in india. buthe sweets and snacksa are kind of the same with suttle differances.. sport.... they both follow cricket like its a religion.
personally i dont like the hijab. its too restrictive in my opinion. the quran says women must dress modestly not cover yourself compleatly. here in the uk you will find the older generation and religious families wearing hijabs the musim families who's parents were born here are very likley to not bother wearing hijabs at all sure you may find the odd one here and ther and some may wear scarfs over western cloths but the rest just standar westen cloths. personally i too find hijabs as a cultural thing as opposed to a religious one too. for pakistanis canage will ome with time where the younger generation chnage the face of pakistan same applies to india as well.

the video below should explain better then me
Well respectfully...I may have difference of opinion as I have no problem with Hijab (but do you mean headscarf or veil) because for me it is the right of the woman to select whatever she wants to wear, in certain limits. I'm not in total favor of veil but headscarf should be okay. I have started to study Islam too and I realize that shallow study does not help appreciate Islam, one must study it thoroughly to understand the logic.
However, in case of India, I see the religious fanatics have taken the hold. Current PM is a fanatic Hindu belonging to an extremist/terrorist group and India has lost its balanced and secular composure however it is being ignored by the west due to certain vested interests and Islamophobia. Decision like banning of cow meat simply indicates the majority imposing its will upon the minorities and thus incidents like killing minorities over meat-eating issues is a normal thing.
If the same was to happen in a Muslim country then you would see western media constantly bashing the whole nation. Hypocrisy is one thing that I cannot tolerate and should not be tolerated if we have to build a peaceful world.

Any Pakistan friend watches the current most popular sitcom on indian TV
Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai ? :-) Its on &TV .

Hindi Cartoons aren't actually too sanskritized and use to many Urdu/hindustani words instead of their Sanskrit hindi alternatives .

The urban bhabi is kind of cute :D

i think supreme court orderd such thing in past and what happened , just change the channels on your tv you will see more Indian stuff than Pakistani , even the Discovery and Nat Geo they have programs where Pakistan and Pakistani Forces are mentioned with the words "DUSHMAN" .

Back
Top Bottom