What's new

PDF members you want to meet in person

@SvenSvensonov --- he is a handsome guy. Being honest.

Hmm, I can't tell if my sarcasm detector is broken or not.

Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

:yay:

@SvenSvensonov to avenge this insult to me can you call up Putin to see if the Gulags in Siberia are still functioning ? :mad:

I'm going to make your brain hurt now. Gulag isn't a reference to a specific item, like a prison complex or forced labor camp, so technically one can't close them (individual camps can be closed at the recommendation/order of a superior), it's an acronym.

It stands for "Гла́вное управле́ние исправи́тельно-трудовы́х лагере́й и коло́ний" or in English "Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps and Labor Settlements"

I'll call around, but that bureau might be defunct.

I was like....damn my pharmacist friend didn't know the first thing about the military ! :undecided:

And @Víðarr here was talking about some serious stuff ! :o:

:lol:

Well if it wasn't for my poor eye sight I'd be working at the Office of Naval Intelligence as an analyst of foreign systems.

I'm well versed. Not as much as Kai though.

I'm going to make your brain hurt now. Gulag isn't a reference to a specific item, like a prison complex or forced labor camp, so technically one can't close them (individual camps can be closed at the recommendation/order), it's an acronym.

It stands for "Гла́вное управле́ние исправи́тельно-трудовы́х лагере́й и коло́ний" or in English "Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps and Labor Settlements"

I'll call around, but that bureau might be defunct.

You just had to correct me on that ! :tsk:

@Víðarr - Ma'am can you please ask Olaf here to stop calling me stooopid ! :angry:

So what if I don't know much about subs, the military and penal institutions - Its not the end of the world ! :argh:

I bet you haven't read all of Nietzsche's works as I have ! :azn:

You just had to correct me on that ! :tsk:

@Víðarr - Ma'am can you please ask Olaf here to stop calling me stooopid ! :angry:

So what if I don't know much about subs, the military and penal institutions - Its not the end of the world ! :argh:

:partay:

11516208_f260.jpg

Nietzsche is overrated. Post Freudian analysis from the likes of Erikson , Ross have more applicable conjectures.

Oh come on; Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra is a beauty ! :argh:

Besides I am talking about metaphysics not psychoanalysis ! :undecided:

Oh come on; Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra is a beauty ! :argh:

Besides I am talking about metaphysics not psychoanalysis ! :undecided:

Don't get me wrong, Nietzsche introduced interesting premises on perspectivism , but one thing that I found rather erroneous was his concept of Übermensch, which if you follow , is contextual to his rather subjective anti-theist views, which he rigorously heralded in his writings. He is, indeed, part of the contributors to the body of lit that is Psychology, however, in terms of applicability, Post-Freudians such as Adler, Erikson, point out the concept of continuous human development, with deviations in development a natural effect of external forces. Yet both Adler, Erikson were not as dismissive as compared to Nietsche in regards to spiritual life, rather, Erikson even notes the developmental importance of religion and spiritual life and its ability as mechanism to not only ward off stress, but as a conduit for cultural (ethnolinguistic) reposition, and ultimately in human / individual identity.

:wave:See you tomorrow Armstrong, and hopefully in person one day. Bedtime for me:(.

Good night, buddy.

@Armstrong , Good night as well. Let's continue this tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, Nietzsche introduced interesting premises on perspectivism , but one thing that I found rather erroneous was his concept of Übermensch, which if you follow , is contextual to his rather subjective anti-theist views, which he rigorously heralded in his writings. He is, indeed, part of the contributors to the body of lit that is Psychology, however, in terms of applicability, Post-Freudians such as Adler, Erikson, point out the concept of continuous human development, with deviations in development a natural effect of external forces. Yet both Adler, Erikson were not as dismissive as compared to Nietsche in regards to spiritual life, rather, Erikson even notes the developmental importance of religion and spiritual life and its ability as mechanism to not only ward off stress, but as a conduit for cultural (ethnolinguistic) reposition, and ultimately in human / individual identity.

Hmmmn....interesting; though reading him the impression that I got was that Nietzsche's Ubermensch was a parable that was more about overcoming the human condition and evolving further as a species that break free of what he believed to be constricting and perhaps even self-effacing structures and institutions, one of which he though organized religion was, than human development taken in a literal context.

Furthermore I think Nietzsche wasn't against a spiritual life but what he thought were the shackles of organized religion and the world view that comes with it.

Good night, buddy.

@Armstrong , Good night as well. Let's continue this tomorrow.

Good night ! :)

Back
Top Bottom