What's new

PDF Aid Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaki, we're not here to know about how much an average member makes per month or how much one should donate. Also, please avoid disclosing members who're donating.

We'll make a list when we've gathered enough donations. This isn't a contest to see who's donated what so far. Donations for any relief effort is a serious concern and it shouldn't be used as anything else other than Donations for a noble cause.

ok thanks Bezerk,
I will keep that in mind :)

I think there is something wrong with the script. I am receiving money but donation bar is still showing 0 dollars.

I can confirm the details but PDF not showing up anything :confused:

Donation bar is not working, so removed it.

Bro,
by intentions i mean not everybody can offer big money. You know a student living in West is always struggling for money and arranging extra money is almost close to impossible for him. You know an average overseas student in the UK earns around £150 - £180 pounds per week for his part time job and he has to pay £80~ in rent, 20-40 pounds for food, 20 for mobile bill and remaining amount for other expenses i.e. Transport, literally nothing is left for him after a week. I noticed many of the members in this forum are students and by intentions i mean Allah knows about your situation and it doesn't matter if you donate even a single dollar. Who knows that 1 dollar is more acceptable to All-mighty than the guy who could support 1000s of dollars in donation and donate only 200?.

Everybody has to work under their own budget and not everybody is like you or myself :)

I understand. Minimum payment is $5 through this forum. A damn burger cost $5. I think many can afford at least this minimum amount. Some may feel shame to donate such low amount but I would like to remind them that your five dollar can bring smile to few kids in Punjab right now. What is more important here. Your little shame or bring a smile to a kid face. Allah will will reward your $5 to $500 hundred on way or other.

I urge all my brothers to donate in the holy month of Ramazan. At least $5. Khuda ke liye. :tup:

Last edited:
I understand. Minimum payment is $5 through this forum. A damn burger cost $5. I think many can effort at least this minimum amount. Some may feel shame to donate such low amount but I would like to remind them that your five dollar can bring smile to few kids in Punjab right now. What is more important here. Your little shame or bring a smile to a kid face. Allah will will reward your $5 to $500 hundred on way or other.

I urge all my brothers to donate in the holy month of Ramazan. At least $5. Khuda ke liye. :tup:

There is no limit of payment. If you click on Custom box you can write down your own payment too. For example i entered 1 dollar

paymentsystem.jpg

There is no limit of payment. If you click on Custom box you can write down your own payment too. For example i entered 1 dollar

paymentsystem.jpg

Zaki bro, how do you send the money? Do you use western union or bank transfer?

Zaki bro, how do you send the money? Do you use western union or bank transfer?

Phone to my brother in Pakistan who will transfer money in 1 minute :P so this way there will be no charges of Western Union or Bank transfer

once i got a job, i will donate $ for this forum. :tup:

This donation drive is not for this forum but for the flood effected areas. Its good to see you at least intended to donate.

If you can donate for this forum i am sure you will donate for other good causes too :)
Thanks DesiGuy you r very sweet

PS: Do not forget to donate for this forum after you find a job :lol:

One anonymous member donated about the same amount that we collected from the whole forum so far.

Jazak'Allah khayr brother, May God bless you

He asked me to keep his details private so i will not be able to tell anything about him

Please remember: I believe your 1 dollar can feed 2 peoples for one time meal easily, so please do not shy donating even a dollar

Ty guys for the time and effort you guys have put into organizing this.

I have made a donation and hopefully will donate more in the coming days.

For those young people that want to help out but can't financially, it would be helpful if you guys asked your parents and sibling's to donate.

Thanks Ali Farooq for your donations. I seems like you made two separate payments of same amount at a same time. I have accepted one payment and awaiting for your reply for the second payment to know if that was a mistake or you sent two seperate payments?

Please check my email in your mail box that you use for paypal.

Pakistan is going through considerable national calamity. While we know that Pakistani people are tough and high spirited (pictures of flood victims in chest deep water still smiling at camera's are testament to that) we need to galvanize ourself and channel our efforts to help our citizens in need.

We commend the work done by our Pakistani armed forces (on top of fighting in the War on Terror, rebulding efforts of the 2005 earthquake, recovering from the fallout of dictatorship, fighting off indian sponsored terrorists, india's military buildup on the line of control) they are now in the forefront of the Flood relief operations.

We also commend the work done by various sectors of the Pakistani establishment, of private Pakistani civilians, Pakistan's many allies and of Good Samaritans throughout the world.

I strongly believe that such circumstances, make us stronger, we should improve and learn from them (by improving our disaster response, acknowledging our shortcomings, realizing that we require a large fleet of helicopters for our logistic obligations etc...)

I made this thread here to further focus our efforts so that we can work together and propogate various channels that we can offer help in this time of crisis.

I myself am planning to offer my time for relief work (about 2 weeks) hopefully in September to offer my services for flood relief. I wish I could go earlier but by work obligations are such that I wont be able to go sooner. While I know this is not possible for us all, I urge everyone, that if you can go and personally help the victims, that please do so, even a few days to a few weeks is helpful.

Also for those that cannot come personally, that you donate and encourage your friends and contacts to donate through appropriate channels.

The original purpose of this thread was to list all the appropriate channels to donate to in addition to the donating through the Pakistan Defence Forum.

We should promote donations to the Pakistan flood relief through all channels, at work, school, social gatherings, friends and colleagues, on social sites like Facebook, Orbit, MSN, Yahoo, Hotmail etc...

HOW TO HELP YOU ASK?????

Well, read the following:

Besides sending cash through below mentioned charity organizations, you can support by providing following commodities. Please do not donate old/expired stuff. Make sure edible items are hygienic and properly packed. Also, if you have family in Pakistan, send them money too, bury the hatchet for those that may have some unsettling or family dispute, now is the time to put that aside.

GIVE THEM HOPE AND LET THEM KNOW WE CARE!! (most important)
•Clothing: Clothes of various sizes, Beddings, Shoes
•Utensils: Jerricans (large plastic cans that hold 20 liters of water or other liquids), Crockery, Buckets
•Toiletries: Tissues, Soaps, Dettol (antibacterial cleaners), Towels
•Food: Rice, Sugar, Flour (Atta), Onions, Potatoes, Cooking oil, Tea, Milk (tetra packs or powder), Safe drinking water, Cooked Food
Medicines:

1.Water purification tablets.
2.Life saving drugs.
3.Vaccines for malaria, cholera, typhoid, influenza.
4.Pain killers including strong ones like morphine derivatives, tremadol, pethadine, kinz .
5.Antibiotics e.g. tetnus, amoxil, gentamycin.
6.IV cannulas
7.IV Drip sets
8.IV drips: normal saline, ringerlactate
9.Local anesthetics (injections)
10.Cotton bandages, cotton.
11.Surgical instruments: e.g needle holders, forceps, tweezers.
12.Suturing materials, Skin staples.

List of Donations for Pakistan Flood Relief:
(I encourage others to add trusted donation channel/sites to this thread themselves as well)

** Remember its your choice who you donate to, often times its good to mix things up and give to several charities.

INTERNET:

Pakistan Defence Forum - PayPal Donate

FACEBOOK:

https://www.causes.com/fb/donations/new?ts=1281390559&campaign_id=139702&cause_id=381473

PAKISTAN:

Charity Organizations in Pakistan:

Al-Khidmat Foundation: Donate here.
::Al-Khidmat Foundation Pakistan

Edhi Foundation: Donate here.
Contact Edhi Foundation

SUNGI: Who to contact [link], where to donate [link].

Pakistan Red Crescent Society: PRCS has offices in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Muzaffarabad. [Contact Information]

Pakistan Red Crescent Society

UNICEF Pakistan Flood Relief

https://secure.unicef.ca/portal/Sma..._PAID_Emergencies&utm_term=donate+to+Pakistan

Living in the USA and have a Cell phone:

By texting the word SWAT to telephone number 50555, cellular phone users will be able to donate $10 to help flood victims in Pakistan through the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).

RED CRESCENT/RED CROSS - Pakistan Flood Relief

Pakistan Floods 2010- Canadian Red Cross

RELIEF INTERNATIONAL - Pakistan Flood Relief

https://ri.org/donation.php?id=182

OXFAM PAKISTAN FLOOD RELIEF (UK)

https://www.oxfam.org.uk/donate/pakistan-floods/index.php

These are just a few

a few useful links:

(this is a page with a list of charities taking aid and development for the Pakistan Flood Relief )

OurDesiWorld.com Special: List of Flood Relief Organizations | Pakistan Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Floods 2010

Also, please pray for Pakistan and its people, wether your Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Zorastrian, Buddist, etc.. Religious or Areligious or anything else etc..., Pakistan needs your help

Together we will get through this !

:pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom