What's new

PAT- Dr. Tahir-Ul-Qadri's Political Desk

Dear - No offense but some facts are
1. Majority of Pakistan's remittances are from GCC and those expats are not dual nationals
2. Overseas Pakistanis from western countries who send more remittances are those who are didn't got Nationality, and their family (spouse + Kids) are still in Pakistan
3. Many Dual National settled with family in Western countries mostly investing their savings (after monthly expenditures) in their country of residence because of distorted situation of Pakistan's economy.

So, don't talk about remittances every now and then because the people who are sending remittance are busy with their life and don't have time & resources to contest in election. Dual National who are in politics are actually looting Pakistan and transferring funds outwards.

I am also frustrated with current system but that doesn't mean we must jump from one sh!t hole to other, you never know how deep is other sh!t hole.

as a nation we hve seen , all the holes including the one you ,hve been talking, from 1971 till date, so its time to move forward! instead being a laughing stock & a sitting duck?

dual nationals are the longterm investors in pakistan , & if we care so much about it, we should cancel thier investments & thier money should be sent back to them?
hopefully the muk-muka mafia would be the frist to cry, cause they are the ones hving lots of secret accounts & properties abrod with croupted money they looted from pakistan?
no friend, my POV is with our economy in the hole of hell, we cant affrord to do that but, we become so offended when a fellow dual national tells us to clean our mess, & we strt to abuse him mently & personaly but we never clean our mess???:smokin:

I used to work in famous MNC having manufacturing facility near Naraz Sharif's home (People from Lahore knows that company very well) and we used to go in that Mosque for Friday prayer and have listen his speeches but still the ones who don't want to believe will deny and term us as supporter of Muk-Muka Mafia :D

Thanks for the substantiation bro.

Yeah, same old soliloquies, Muk-Mukka and stuff.. Even poor constitution has been bashed! Really, ignorance is a pure bliss.

stay away from PA bashing, supreme commander is a nut job, & topic isnt what are you heading for, & in the end its not the dam indian politics in which your , comments are needed!
Well, if you wish to turn a blind eye towards the implosions happening in your society that is your problem. The Taliban might as well tie up and sacrifice officers of PA for their next Bakri Id at the current rate at which they are going.

Well, if you wish to turn a blind eye towards the implosions happening in your society that is your problem. The Taliban might as well tie up and sacrifice officers of PA for their next Bakri Id at the current rate at which they are going.

reported enjoy now

I used to work in famous MNC having manufacturing facility near Naraz Sharif's home (People from Lahore knows that company very well) and we used to go in that Mosque for Friday prayer and have listen his speeches but still the ones who don't want to believe will deny and term us as supporter of Muk-Muka Mafia :D
prove it, if PML n cant prove it, how can you?:lol:
or you hve to belive me, george w bush was my lundry cleaner?:rofl:

I would love to shoot him in the head. After years in hibernation he came up with an idea. Bastard!

Four killed in Karachi blast, TTP claims reponsibility
DAWN.COM | 1 day ago 0

Four killed in Karachi blast, TTP claims reponsibility | Latest-News | DAWN.COM
karachi-blast-explosion-federal-b-area-aisha-manzil-600.jpg

A police officer, left, talks on the radio while cameramen film the site of a blast in Karachi. – Photo by AP

KARACHI: Four people were killed and at least 42 others had been injured in a blast in Karachi’s Federal B Area locality on Tuesday, DawnNews reported.

The blast, which took place near Federal B Area’s Aisha Manzil, was heard as far as Karachi’s Numaish area. The injured were shifted to hospitals and police had reached the site of the explosion that reportedly took place near a furniture market.

The bomb appeared to have been planted on a motorbike parked within the vicinity of the blast site. Police sources said that the explosion was caused by a remote-controlled bomb.

Sources said that some of the injured are in critical condition and that one of the people who was killed was a Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) worker.

The outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan has claimed responsibility for the attack on the rally in Karachi and has warned that it will carry out more attacks on MQM workers and leaders.

The TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan speaking to Dawn.Com said that their activists had targeted the MQM workers and that the attack was a warning, stating that more attacks are likely to come after it.

He also cautioned the general public to avoid participating in MQM and Awami National Party (ANP) rallies, otherwise they would be responsible for their losses.

The blast has been strongly condemned by a number of political figures, including President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, MQM chief Altaf Hussain and PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif.

The MQM’s Coordination Committee announced that a day of mourning will be observed on Wednesday in the aftermath of the explosion. They said that transport and business activities will not be suspended during the day of mourning.

Tuesday’s explosion took place days after a powerful blast inside an inter-city bus near Karachi’s Cantonment Railway Station killed at least six people and left at least 50 others, including women and children, injured.

Aid groups demand greater protection after Swabi attack
AFP | 2 hours ago 0
Aid groups demand greater protection after Swabi attack | Pakistan | DAWN.COM
swabi-charity-workers-killing-afp-670.jpg

Pakistani relatives mourn next to a body of a charity worker following an attack by gunmen in Swabi on January 1, 2013. – AFP Photo

PESHAWAR: Aid groups Wednesday demanded greater protection in Pakistan amid concerns of a new spike in violence after seven charity workers were shot dead and their organisation suspended operations.

The six women — five of them teachers and one a health visitor — and a male health technician were ambushed by gunmen on motorbikes on Tuesday as they were returning from a community centre in northwestern district Swabi.

They were buried on Wednesday. A four-year-old boy was spared when the gunmen removed him from the same vehicle before spraying it with gunfire, police said.

The attack — which has not been claimed — adds to fears that charity workers are increasingly vulnerable, particularly in the northwest which is badly affected by Taliban and al Qaeda-linked violence.

The charity, Support With Working Solution, has temporarily suspended its operations, police told AFP.

“The NGO has suspended its activities for three days to mourn the deaths. They will decide after three days whether to start work again or not,” said Abdul Rashid Khan, the police chief of Swabi.

The organisation runs dozens of health and education projects, including polio vaccinations, in the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Health and education programmes, particularly those for girls, are seen as being at particular risk.

Last month, nine polio vaccine workers were shot dead in a string of incidents, forcing UN agencies to suspend an immunisation campaign, and there are now concerns about a record number of deaths from measles in the south.

On Wednesday, an umbrella organisation of around 200 charities in the northwest demanded better protection, but vowed to continue working in order not to encourage “those who are opposed to progress”.

“We have to stand up and foil the nefarious designs of anti-state elements who are bent upon destroying the fabric of civil society. We all have to strengthen our voice otherwise we will perish,” said the Pakhtunkhwa Civil Society Network.

It demanded government protection for charity workers “vulnerable to the menace of terrorism” but some charity workers express doubt about government capacity.

On December 22, Bashir Bilour, a senior minister in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and eight others were killed in a suicide attack on a political meeting claimed by the Taliban.

“How can a state protect its people if it can’t protect its ministers?” asked Imran Takkar, programme manager of the Society for the Protection of the

Rights of the Child.

Islamabad says more than 35,000 people have been killed as a result of terrorism in the country since the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

Imtiaz Iltaf, police chief of Peshawar, said officers were preparing a strategy to protect aid workers.

“We are in a state of war. The whole country is facing an insurgency, so we are revising the present security steps and working on a new strategy,” he said.

you still cant see the blood?:hitwall::cry:

Its the starting.... Prepare for more.

I don't know much about Qadri. I think he used to be very popular on PTV in the 80's in some religious show?
Anyway, I don't know what is the agenda of this guy. May be he 'means well' or may be he has some 'hidden' forces behind him. But I have NO DOUBT that if he tries to shut down Pakistan because of his stupid long march then it will NOT be good for Pakistan at all.
We are barely a few months from the elections. We have established processes in the constitution about how to conduct the elections. The judiciary and the media are free. There is even a very respectable CEC in Justice Fakhruddin. Imran Khan's PTI has been threatening a Tsunami in elections. Nawaz Sharif is confident of a victory. PPP and its allies are doing what all parties do and should do: Form alliances and strategies. Military may even supervise polling. For the first time a truly democratic dispensation can change hands through democratic process.

And yet we have this Qadri willing to destablize all this?! Now? Why not allow the democratic process to run its course.

I, for one, strongly disapprove Qadri's not-so-veiled threat to challenge the democratic process, especially at this late juncture. Lay off and go back to Canada. Or to London and party with Altaf Hussein, the blackmailing, power-hungry hypocrite (Altaf Hussein). Pakistan has seen enough of these 'revolutions'. Pakistan needs evolutions instead!

Salut

This thread makes me proud to be a canadienne, even though he had a comfy live in canada. He chooses to return to homeland risking his life to bring a long awaited revolution to revive jinah's vision for a strong democratic pakistani republic with justice and accountability.Hopefully monsieur Qadri succeeds and I hope for the best, bonne chance to all my pakistani brothers, hopefully everything works out. I also commend the MQM and PTI political parties in supporting monsieur Qadri's vision and not playing petty partisan politics, while I know that these parties are not angels, in comparison to the current ruling party, they seems as they say lesser of the evil.

I don't know much about Qadri. I think he used to be very popular on PTV in the 80's in some religious show?
Anyway, I don't know what is the agenda of this guy. May be he 'means well' or may be he has some 'hidden' forces behind him. But I have NO DOUBT that if he tries to shut down Pakistan because of his stupid long march then it will NOT be good for Pakistan at all.
We are barely a few months from the elections. We have established processes in the constitution about how to conduct the elections. The judiciary and the media are free. There is even a very respectable CEC in Justice Fakhruddin. Imran Khan's PTI has been threatening a Tsunami in elections. Nawaz Sharif is confident of a victory. PPP and its allies are doing what all parties do and should do: Form alliances and strategies. Military may even supervise polling. For the first time a truly democratic dispensation can change hands through democratic process.

And yet we have this Qadri willing to destablize all this?! Now? Why not allow the democratic process to run its course.

I, for one, strongly disapprove Qadri's not-so-veiled threat to challenge the democratic process, especially at this late juncture. Lay off and go back to Canada. Or to London and party with Altaf Hussein, the blackmailing, power-hungry hypocrite (Altaf Hussein). Pakistan has seen enough of these 'revolutions'. Pakistan needs evolutions instead!

Stop being pessimistic mon ami and support a genuine candidate, this gentleman is a down to earth guy based on his conduct in Canada. His personality appears to be very humble as well, which is a good thing in politics, wish he could run for MAC(council), he would be a good ambassador for canadienne muslims, you should be grateful that he is coming and don't take him lightly, based on the donations collected here, I can assure you he has the finances to bring about the change as like everything in life requires funds sadly especially in south asian countries.

His personality appears to be very humble as well, which is a good thing in politics, wish he could run for MAC(council), he would be a good ambassador for canadienne muslims, you should be grateful that he is coming and don't take him lightly, based on the donations collected here, I can assure you he has the finances to bring about the change as like everything in life requires funds sadly especially in south asian countries.

Zia ul Haq was also 'humble'. And a good ambassador for Canadian Muslims doesn't mean he is going to be a good agent for change in Pakistan.

I stand by every word of what I say above! Quit derailing Pakistan's democratic evolution, especially so close to the elections. If wants to do charity work in Pakistan...then by all means. If we wants to run for office, even if indirectly, then ORGANIZE a party, present a manifesto, field candidates and come into the elections, like others, including Imran Khan are doing. These threats of shutting down due to mass mobilization are not needed. Believe me: Both PMLN and PPP are very capable of these long marches if they too decide to in future while in opposition. There will be no end to these blackmailing then.

Zia ul Haq was also 'humble'. And a good ambassador for Canadian Muslims doesn't mean he is going to be a good agent for change in Pakistan.

I stand by every word of what I say above! Quit derailing Pakistan's democratic evolution, especially so close to the elections. If wants to do charity work in Pakistan...then by all means. If we wants to run for office, even if indirectly, then ORGANIZE a party, present a manifesto, field candidates and come into the elections, like others, including Imran Khan are doing. These threats of shutting down due to mass mobilization are not needed. Believe me: Both PMLN and PPP are very capable of these long marches if they too decide to in future while in opposition. There will be no end to these blackmailing then.

Sadly Pakistani electoral system is broken to say the least, now I am not saying the whole electoral system is abysmal however monsieur Meengla, the feudal influence in this election makes it very undemocratic to say the least, look through this crisis group report, there must an electoral reform before there can be an election. Here is the link, your in for a shock

http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/...203 Reforming Pakistans Electoral System.ashx

@liontk,
I am not denying the flawed and even feudal electoral system in Pakistan. And I am well aware of even the 'hanging chads' like instances in one of the most democratic, literate countries of the world in the 2000 US Presidential Elections; indeed, many Americans would say that, from the influence of lobbies to the disenfranchisement of poor/minority voters, even the American system is not perfect.
However, Pakistan's electoral system has seen some structural changes through the 18th Amendment, through the appt. of a neutral, capable CES, through the provision of neutral caretaker govt, and through the deeper involvement of free judiciary and media. The reforms in Pakistan are slow but they ARE there.

No more Bonapartes are needed in Pakistan. No more revolutions. No more military coups. Not even squeeky clean politicians are needed, because they are not possible in Pakistan at this point. We will take the lesser evils before we try to strive for the non-existent angels. Pakistan has paid a heavy price because of these so-called revolutionaries. Mr. Qadri is best advised not to derail the evolution.

Once again, I stand by what I said above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our media is so obsessed with English that they use the word tahreer (an Arabic word) and then square (an English word) why cant they use the complete Arabic name ميدان التحرير

Back
Top Bottom