What's new

PAT- Dr. Tahir-Ul-Qadri's Political Desk

@liontk,
I am not denying the flawed and even feudal electoral system in Pakistan. And I am well aware of even the 'hanging chads' like instances in one of the most democratic, literate countries of the world in the 2000 US Presidential Elections; indeed, many Americans would say that, from the influence of lobbies to the disenfranchisement of poor/minority voters, even the American system is not perfect.
However, Pakistan's electoral system has seen some structural changes through the 18th Amendment, through the appt. of a neutral, capable CES, through the provision of neutral caretaker govt, and through the deeper involvement of free judiciary and media. The reforms in Pakistan are slow but they ARE there.

No more Bonapartes are needed in Pakistan. No more revolutions. No more military coups. Not even squeeky clean politicians are needed, because they are not possible in Pakistan at this point. We will take the lesser evils before we try to strive for the non-existent angels. Pakistan has paid a heavy price because of these so-called revolutionaries. Mr. Qadri is best advised not to derail the evolution.

Once again, I stand by what I said above.

So what your saying mon ami Meengla is that current pakistani political system needs somewhat more stability than rapid polar changes as the country has been through alot and you would rather take the long road to prosperity, which is basically let the system fix itself over a long period of time. While I seem to understand your perspective, this slow change may take 50 years, while I believe based on events that are unfolding in pakistan especially the ethnic targeting at processions in karachi is worry to say the least. I think that poor pakistani's(less $2000 per capita income) will appreciate rapid change in this case, I mean the tragic bombing event in karachi clearly demonstrates that there needs to be an immediate overhaul of the system, which the PPP led Zardari government failed to provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
@liontk,
I have seen elections and leaders from 1970 onwards. And I am absolutely sure that if Dr. Qadri tries to derail the transition it will be even worse for Pakistan than the semi-functional democracy in Pakistan.
Anyway, here is a timely and relevant article in Today's Dawn. The whole article is worth reading. But I will quote a little bit here.

The real challenge | Opinion | DAWN.COM

It is also necessary perhaps to moderate official and public expectations from the coming elections. The objective of a fair poll should be pursued with realistic assumptions. The days of an ideal election are still far away and one should aim no higher than a reasonably fair electoral contest because it is not possible to guarantee a level playing ground to candidates with modest resources. Likewise, those elected this time again are unlikely to match public expectations of competence and integrity, because the condition for that, namely a social revolution, is yet to be met.

Last edited by a moderator:
bhai jan i am against fully this democrazy. and i dont support any party nor the election. look at my previous posts. if you wish to.
but i dont want any one who spread lie. and is a big liar. so chill:wave:

there will be no march, he is just a blackmailer, a liar, and a man with strings...

Pakistan has seen enough of these 'revolutions'. Pakistan needs evolutions instead![/B]

Excellent Post!! But that sentance just sums up an ocean in a small Pot.

That’s the main difference between an average resident Pakistani and an average expatriate (U R an exception here).

Pmln to give free hand to tahir ul qadri for the long march.... Lulllzzzzzzzzzz

Noor Khushti between PMLN and PPP continues, now to delay elections and get President Zardari elected !!! :rolleyes:

Pakistan’s Punjab govt to give free hand to Tahir-ul-Qadri

Summary of the thread so far:

1)Noora panic .... lol

2) beside that noora saying that Tahir ul Qadri's defiance to the constitution is alright since its his democratic right to derail the electoral process and delay elections...

what else to expect from NooraKushti between PMLN and PPP ?

3) Noora says that facilitating the long march to federal is not part of their noora kushti. while saying that since MQM is supporting therefore, they are doing a funny thing.

let me tell you the care taker mechanism and ECP role was established by PMLN and PPP coalition government through constitutional amendment...So by facilitating the long march against the system they established, is PMLN accepting that what they did 2 years ago is wrong ?

Pmln to give free hand to tahir ul qadri for the long march.... Lulllzzzzzzzzzz

Noor Khushti between PMLN and PPP continues, now to delay elections and get President Zardari elected !!! :rolleyes:

Pakistan’s Punjab govt to give free hand to Tahir-ul-Qadri

PMLN says that TuQ is derailing elections and is necessarily a negative element while Ik is saying that he agrees with TuQ and MAY JOIN FORCES with Tuq. Yet PMLN is indulging in noora kushti? :coffee:

PMLN says that TuQ is derailing elections and is necessarily a negative element while Ik is saying that he agrees with TuQ and MAY JOIN FORCES with Tuq. Yet PMLN is indulging in noora kushti? :coffee:

Dont lie and keep watching Noora kushti between PPP and the Munafiq PMLN.

Woh Baat; Saray fasanay mian jiska Zikr na tha
Woh Baat; Unko Bohut Nagwar Guzreeeeee:lol:

Keep it up your leadriaaaan!!

ahan so why exactly an old family friend of Sharif family is being given free hand to do long march ???

dasso dasso lassi peen waliyooo :lol:

Check out IK's program with Talat where he says WE MAY JOIN FORCES WITH TUQ!!!!

Sorry I wont say that you were lying, you are just misquoting him out of context, what he said was that "we will not be part of long march but his demands are right we may join",

that is by no means to say that he said he will join the long march with him...

now back to topic please?

Forget it! Ainaan da kaan chitta-eee rehna aye:lol:

tussi das diyo tada sour dandaan wala aye ya bagair dandaan tou ??? :rofl:

Stop being pessimistic mon ami and support a genuine candidate, this gentleman is a down to earth guy based on his conduct in Canada. His personality appears to be very humble as well, which is a good thing in politics, wish he could run for MAC(council), he would be a good ambassador for canadienne muslims, you should be grateful that he is coming and don't take him lightly, based on the donations collected here, I can assure you he has the finances to bring about the change as like everything in life requires funds sadly especially in south asian countries.

& what do you have to say about the blashpemy law this man made when he was a pakistani nationl? and he still claims to support it? is that the "canadian" way? mon ami?

if PML N supports tahir people have problem if he disowns them then again people of MQM have problem. actually what PML N is doing is good they clearly are showing thjey don't wish to waste time on tahir and his drama. let him do what he wants free hand because he will go bust very soon!

Back
Top Bottom