What's new

Pakistan's War: Now is The Time or Forever Hold Your Peace

I am very disappointed with pakistan... I have seen the funeral prayers for OBL but not a single protest (in large numbers) against the Taliban or killing of ahmadis.. or fot that matter anything against terrorists.. I have watched the agitation against the US and NATO but nothing of this sort of against Terrorists... A huge disappointment for me .. sorry to say but I feel Pakistani society is dead.. the thick skin they have developed against terrorist is terrible to say the least..

Don't be so quick to judge, do not confuse leaderless latent energy with apathy. You have much to understand about what ails Pakistan and Pakistanis. Between the Allah Party, Army and America, the plethora of Political flags and slogans, and wannabe heroes all promising change but delivering naught....

Do not condemn a society you have no clear understanding of. You are disappointed with Pakistan, but why?

You say you saw protests on TV or coverage of agitation against the US, support for OBL.... But did you know that these events are sponsored by certain hands, and it is THESE events that the media prefers to cover...

DID you know, that only yesterday there was a candle lit vigil for Salman Taseer outside the very cafe he was assassinated?

You say you feel Pakistani society is THICK Skinned, yet in your harsh tone and impassioned rhetoric you fail to understand the deeper despair felt by the average Pakistani from whom you EXPECT a response.

Between... the lack of electricity, rising inflation, lack of commodities such as sugar, pulses, wheat and rye.... Substandard or nonexistent public healthcare, leadership that has drained the public coffers dry and no thanks to the IMF have placed the very increasing burden of taxation on an already insecure impoverished class.

Lack of water, sanitation, security, education, opportunity, employment, oppressed religious and personal expression, rising crime... Do you really expect to see mass protests concerning anything of substance when the average Pakistani is struggling for SURVIVAL.

Ever experienced hunger? Now imagine living with it everyday, not knowing where you next meal will come from or who you will put bread on the table for your family... Couple this with the almost manic preachers howling through PA systems about the righteousness of faith and prayer, people flock in their droves, to the mosques with empty hands outstretched and empty eyes vacant of expectation and full of anguish and despair...

That is what the AVERAGE Pakistani lives with... Yet you will not see a single four liner about the reals ailment of Pakistani society, instead you will see broadsheets and tabloids alike with full page expose's on how Pakistan is full of militancy, and lacking the will or resolve to fight or tackle militancy head on.

The PUBLIC you expect so much from are tired and suffering from attrition, they need relief... What with the daily security check posts that halt all but the VIP traffic in the sizzling summer heat, the fear that today might be the last time they come back home, for they may become another statistic in this sordid affair called the War on Terror.

And what if they do perish... What if little Amjad, a sprightly young boy full of dreams and hopes, full of life... His parents make do with a diet of bread and water just so Amjad can go to school and eventually make a name for himself... What if little Amjad is killed in a suicide bombing... What will you do? You may weep, you may mourn... But they you will move on, safe in the knowledge that you and your kin can work, live and breath in a bubble of safety... A luxury the average Pakistan does not have...

There are many little Amjad's who have become statistics, and their passing whilst seldom making headline news, etches a scar deep in the hearts of the mothers who's hands raised and nurtured them, their hearts yearn to hold their precious little angels for one last time, alas this is one wish that will never come true...

So you see my friend... You ask too much from the Average Pakistani... 35,000 people later, we know the pain all to well... We know the enemy all to well, but leaderless and beaten into submission by a daily fight for survival... There is much you don't know of Pakistan or Pakistani's and yet you expect so much....

Sigh.

Don't be so quick to judge, do not confuse leaderless latent energy with apathy. You have much to understand about what ails Pakistan and Pakistanis. Between the Allah Party, Army and America, the plethora of Political flags and slogans, and wannabe heroes all promising change but delivering naught....

Do not condemn a society you have no clear understanding of. You are disappointed with Pakistan, but why?

You say you saw protests on TV or coverage of agitation against the US, support for OBL.... But did you know that these events are sponsored by certain hands, and it is THESE events that the media prefers to cover...

DID you know, that only yesterday there was a candle lit vigil for Salman Taseer outside the very cafe he was assassinated?

You say you feel Pakistani society is THICK Skinned, yet in your harsh tone and impassioned rhetoric you fail to understand the deeper despair felt by the average Pakistani from whom you EXPECT a response.

Between... the lack of electricity, rising inflation, lack of commodities such as sugar, pulses, wheat and rye.... Substandard or nonexistent public healthcare, leadership that has drained the public coffers dry and no thanks to the IMF have placed the very increasing burden of taxation on an already insecure impoverished class.

Lack of water, sanitation, security, education, opportunity, employment, oppressed religious and personal expression, rising crime... Do you really expect to see mass protests concerning anything of substance when the average Pakistani is struggling for SURVIVAL.

Ever experienced hunger? Now imagine living with it everyday, not knowing where you next meal will come from or who you will put bread on the table for your family... Couple this with the almost manic preachers howling through PA systems about the righteousness of faith and prayer, people flock in their droves, to the mosques with empty hands outstretched and empty eyes vacant of expectation and full of anguish and despair...

That is what the AVERAGE Pakistani lives with... Yet you will not see a single four liner about the reals ailment of Pakistani society, instead you will see broadsheets and tabloids alike with full page expose's on how Pakistan is full of militancy, and lacking the will or resolve to fight or tackle militancy head on.

The PUBLIC you expect so much from are tired and suffering from attrition, they need relief... What with the daily security check posts that halt all but the VIP traffic in the sizzling summer heat, the fear that today might be the last time they come back home, for they may become another statistic in this sordid affair called the War on Terror.

And what if they do perish... What if little Amjad, a sprightly young boy full of dreams and hopes, full of life... His parents make do with a diet of bread and water just so Amjad can go to school and eventually make a name for himself... What if little Amjad is killed in a suicide bombing... What will you do? You may weep, you may mourn... But they you will move on, safe in the knowledge that you and your kin can work, live and breath in a bubble of safety... A luxury the average Pakistan does not have...

There are many little Amjad's who have become statistics, and their passing whilst seldom making headline news, etches a scar deep in the hearts of the mothers who's hands raised and nurtured them, their hearts yearn to hold their precious little angels for one last time, alas this is one wish that will never come true...

So you see my friend... You ask too much from the Average Pakistani... 35,000 people later, we know the pain all to well... We know the enemy all to well, but leaderless and beaten into submission by a daily fight for survival... There is much you don't know of Pakistan or Pakistani's and yet you expect so much....

Sigh.

I'm impressed man. The shallow mind didn't deserve it but nonetheless a great rebuttal.

I am very disappointed with pakistan... I have seen the funeral prayers for OBL but not a single protest (in large numbers) against the Taliban or killing of ahmadis.. or fot that matter anything against terrorists.. I have watched the agitation against the US and NATO but nothing of this sort of against Terrorists... A huge disappointment for me .. sorry to say but I feel Pakistani society is dead.. the thick skin they have developed against terrorist is terrible to say the least..

Not a single protest? Indeed protests have occurred many times but sadly my friend you weren't looking.

Thousands rally against attacks on shrines – The Express Tribune
Pakistan Shiites hold protest against bomb blast | International | News videos | - Oneindia Videos

Hi,

It is right in front of our faces---the end game for the survival of pakistan and the paksitanis that I knew and grew with has started with the final chapters being rehearsed openly by the al qaeda and al qaeda lovers. These radicals have openly challenged the writ of the state of the last 9 1/2 years.

It is time for the pakistanis to accept and face the truth----what would they like to have and what would they like to do----do they want to be whipped with a length of electric chord by the taliban 'law enforcer' while you are walking down the street----do you want your women to be whipped if they do something to the dislike of this CHARACTER POLICE----.

I am not talking about revenge over here----I am talking about justice over here---justice to the weak and the poor---where no one must terrorize any one else and force their belief and religion down the throat.

We are in a situation where that famous saying may truly be applied to us, " either we hang seperately or we hang together "---I am also talking about taking out the cancer that has been brought in the society by the rejected from their countries, foreigners----pakisatn is like the Dodge City of the old----it needs to be cleansed of the criminal.

It is always the case in history----the end justify the means for the strong----and not for the weak. You have to go and catch the bull by the horns and tackle it that way----you cannot be always reactive and ecpect a pro-active result----you have a threshold setup in your mind----that threshold the society had setup sub-consciously, has been crossed over by the al qaeda a long time ago.

They murdered my soldiers in cold blood---they slit their throats in public displays---they skinned the soldiers alive----they tortured them with the likes of it never seen in pakistan before----.

This thing in pakistan---the insurgency has gone way beyond the point that any other govt and people in any other country with a soul or any character left in them would have let it happen and get to the stage where it is at today.

They kill anyone who wants to talk against them----they kill news reporters---they kill worshippers in the mosque---they come and kill without pejudice and disscrimination and you are telling me 'what'!

Don't you want peace with me---don't you want me to stop the incursion of radicals into your space---the fire that is burning in my country would definitely jump over in due time to your side as well again---the last time it did---you were out to destroy my country and only at the last moment saner heads prevailed---so why not support me on this endeavour which is beneficient to both of us.

Sir,God knows I and majority of India want the same as you and Majority of Pakistanis want.Peace.

I can understand the pain in which you are in right now, seeing the state of affairs in your country.I was just talking about the means.

My only problem is when anybody gives or calls for a civilian to pick up the gun for whatever reason.
This is not to score some points, but this is exactly what happened in Pakistan we all know when and I will not go into it again.Although I agree that when heavily outnumbered by an enemy the armed forces need civilians.

Sir,I will believe you if you say that the Pak army or even the local police is outnumbered by these fanatics.

What I as an outsider see is a lack of Intent and clarity in thought.

Or else how do you explain sir that Pakistan does not have a stated Counter terrorism policy till date,when everybody in Pakistan including GOP calls themselves the biggest victims of terror.

I can be wrong but I think Pakistanis or atleast the ones that matter ,politicians and the Army are frozen in time mentally.

Pakistan needs people like you who have free thought and thus innovate in every field thats how civlization has moved from Discovery of Fire to the landing on the moon ,Iphone 4.

Thats why it was lil heartbreaking to read that post of yours.

Sigh.

Thanks for the response sir, I admit that I am not the expert of pakistan internal affair. But the issues u have raised about bread and butter to electricity to inflation. and I think this is an excuse which is partly correct one as per my understanding. How can the same people come out on the road to support the mullahs against any anti India and anti American rally ?? why haffez saeed enjoyed the support the majority of pakistani... more than half of them live under the dilusion that we are behind everything. why people of pakistan protest against in large number against corruption, poverty and other problems when the same mass come out to support this mullahs ?? u can see for urself how many anti US rallies u have against the real problems in ur country. why the PR rating of pakistan is so poor and world fears that she may radicalised ?? This is some serious questions?? there is some structural and fundamental problems with pakistan which u cannot ignore. India is no better than pakistan on socio- economic measures but the whole country was stand behind anna haraze for his crusade against corruption. This is all about creating awareness among the masses and to evoke them, just like mullahs do. This is where I see pakistan has led down..

While I understand and completely empathize with the frustration in MastanKhan's post, I cannot possibly agree with his call to vigilanteeism and, ultimately, civil war. Certainly, the mullahs and fanatics have wreaked havoc in Pakistan, but they are just a symptom. We are sidestepping the real issue, which is the complete lack of governance in Pakistan. Law enforcement is the responsibility of the government, not private individuals, and killing the mullahs won't solve the other problems. It won't restore the electricity or water supply, it won't fix the schools and healthcare, it won't stop the rampant crime, and the ethnic and political violence -- nothing to do with religion -- that terrorizes Karachi.

The fact is that Pakistanis keep electing the same incompetent, corrupt losers over and over again. One has to ask why? And the reason is that Pakistanis have accepted the implicit contract. In most other countries, there is an implicit contract: you pay taxes and the government provides services. In Pakistan, there is also an implicit contract: most people pay no taxes and don't expect anything from the government. They buy their own power generators, hire water trucks, send kids to private school and go to private hospitals. While the government roams the world with a begging bowl, real estate prices and luxury car dealerships keep going up throughout Pakistan.

Pakistan is truly two parallel countries: the 'haves' have learnt to adapt to the situation, while the 'have nots' keep sinking lower in despair. Their only consolation is the mullah's call. And this gap keeps widening. Above all this, the super rich elite -- both civilian and military -- keep filling their own coffers and the country can go hang. Pakistan is certainly ripe for a revolution, but it will be against the corrupt and greedy oligarchy, not against the mullahs.

mastan khan .....i do agree with ur post ...may be u need to make a monster out of yourself to get the job done...but nice to see that these scum on the planet like taliban and others can be shown their true place if the will is there to take them on....bring back the old beautiful pakistan,......

As many of the americans who have been in close relation to pakistan and have had dealings with us have called us 'EXTREMELY NAIVE' faced people of the world----they have basically called us of one, having a child's mentality---and it shows in our ideology and approach to economics, running the country, welfare of the state, the community, the people, the foreign affairs, the al qaeda, the taliban and the TTP as well.

As a young boy during the reign of Ayub Khan I heard that we have chosen ourselves to be an agricultural country----I think it came about in the 50's----I realized that my grand father's generation were purely and truly dellusional in their approach and so was my father's as well----and as I was their true child----I am not too proud to say that the fruit did not fall too far from the tree.

As we lacked in educated people in our heirarchy---most of the ministers were land owners / farmer's----and not too many technocrats----there was an inherent regression towards technology----.

Pakistan wanted to be the bread basket of the world----you foreigners on this board---can you really believe that is what pakistan wanted to be----not a technologically advanced country---but one that provided the world with grain----that is what my grand parents wanted---to live in peace and love and harmony.

Now those were noble thinkings----but the only problem was that nobody thought about efficiency by involving technology to it. The didnot want to believe that by having mechanized farming----they would also advance the cause of literacy in the country----young pakistanis would have been exposed to technology right from gitgo---ie from the 50's----the world was ready and eager to help.

I feel sorry for the younger generation---truly our grandfathers and fathers failed us---and then we also let you in the hell hole that you live in today---and we made you believe that it was a paradise---.

T-FAZ-----it does not matter if there are good people left and there is a glimmer of hope----my good man---I have been saying it for a long time----untill and unless the good people don't start to do anything substantial----it won't mean much-----it won't matter much in the end----good people mean nothing if they have their heads stuck in dark places.

In order for evil to succeed the good has to do nothing----and as you see this evil spreading its tanticles through the society---look and see what has been done by good people so far---.

In order for the good people to do anything---these good people need to start doing things different----the word JIHAD NEEDS TO BE GIVEN A DIFFERENT MEANING----it is time that we start a JIHAD against the criminal element in the country---we start a JIHAD against the terrorists of the country----we need to start a JIHAD against corruption-----we need to lay some bodies dead---we need to hang the criminals enmasse----rapists---murderers---criminals---highway robbers---criminal judges----pakistan needs to start the hangings----. Pakistan needs a revolution---just like that of iran---but not of the religious kind but of a law enforcement kind------.

Today's pakistan is like the proverbial DODGE CITY of the 1900 in the united states----pakistan needs to find its WYATT EARP and DOC HOLLIDAY-----.

You young pakistanis----soem of you are going to die in these terrorist attacks---suicide bombings or some of you will die iof you spoke against the fanatics----why don't you die an honorable death----start the jihad----against the criminals----maybe some of you may take out the rapists of Mukhtar Mai and the judge who set them free----start up a force like the 313 for pakistan---or the BADAR BRIGADE FOR PAKISTAN----fight the criminals----hang the murderers and highway robbers and criminal judges---.

The TTP / al qaeda executes your people---why don't you execute some radical mullahs in turn----for every civilian killed----kill ten fanatics---and hang them up on the poles and don't let anyone bury them and let no one say janaza prayers for them---and wrap them in pig skins and pig guts---bury them in and excreta---.

You want to win this war---then you have tyo play by the enemy's worst rules----.

If you neutralize the al qaeda in any which manner that you can---there is no country in the world that would raise a voice.

Take out all young single foreigners that come into pakistan and go to the frontier province---. Take them out and neutralize them on the field.

It is your blood flowing right now----it is your brothers and sisters being killed right now----it is going to be your turn next----don't you want to take some fanatics with you to the next world---.

Do something young people----otherwise you are at the verge of losing your nation and freedom as well along with your lives and the lives of your loved ones-----. Take some fanatic with you. Take some criminal with you.

Your post started off fine but ended with the usual gung ho solution, fire more bullets! You say that as if for the past 10 years thats not what we've been doing. Stephen Covey pointed out the difference between being efficient and effective. Today we try to be efficient about things in Pakistan, thinking that we're not doing something enough so by "doing more" of the same stuff we'd achieve something better.

Covey then asks a brilliant question, can doing something wrong, better or more, resolve the problem?

Your only solution to Pakistan's extremism lies in convincing the people to voluntarily quit and think in progressive terms. You complained about stagnating thinking of our forefathers. I think 10 years of failure is enough to gauge that even this thought has gone stale. We'll be fighting the next 10 years as well till everyone doesn't change and comes up with something effective.

Seems like there are enough people concerned about the status quo that are not trying to find external scapegoats for all issues.

A pleasant change and hopefully it will gain momentum.

Your post started off fine but ended with the usual gung ho solution, fire more bullets! You say that as if for the past 10 years thats not what we've been doing. Stephen Covey pointed out the difference between being efficient and effective. Today we try to be efficient about things in Pakistan, thinking that we're not doing something enough so by "doing more" of the same stuff we'd achieve something better.

Covey then asks a brilliant question, can doing something wrong, better or more, resolve the problem?

Your only solution to Pakistan's extremism lies in convincing the people to voluntarily quit and think in progressive terms. You complained about stagnating thinking of our forefathers. I think 10 years of failure is enough to gauge that even this thought has gone stale. We'll be fighting the next 10 years as well till everyone doesn't change and comes up with something effective.

Asim,

I was wondering if I will see you here. In the past ten years the job, started has not been completed----every single mission taken by the pak millitary has been left in the middle hanging in favour of al qaeda---each and every single time, the peace deal was called----that created more problems for the millitary.

For all of you good people----you need to understand one thing----millitary is not made up of 10 foot giants and supermen---they are just like you and me with better weapons, supply and training---that is all----. In our hearts and souls, we live with an inherent fear of the army---the soldier in uniform----but when we see this soldiers bleed and die a thousand times like anyone else---that fear slowly evaporates----. Now when that fear has been dissipated----all you need is good training---that is available in fata----and weapons and those are available as well---and a good trainer and planner---and those two are also readily available.

So----there is nothing left to fear, for the enemy to strike at will at their discretion at a time and place of their chosing----and they have done it. Every single time the millitary action was stopped----the millitary got weaker---the resolve of the enemy got stronger----till the day came that the enemy found out that the pak millitary generals do not have the stomach and the bal-lz to make contact and shove it right upto the hilt to end the cause.

You see----pak millitary had been playing this game to milk the americans for weapons----their game plan has back fired for the world to see-----. In milking the americans they have destroyed their own invincibility and their country.

Tell me who stopped the pakistani army for taking out al qaeda insurgents on the slopes of karakorum mountains-----9 1/2 years ago----no one----. They just did not analyze the consequences of what they were getting into-----as the americans have said---even at general staff level some of the command officers were extremely 'naive' in their approach----and not to forget quite a few of the regular officers corps of the pak millitary-----.

It is not saying that they are not honorable warriors----there is no doubt about their valour and courage and the list of their sacrifices tears up my heart to pieces----but their problem is a lack of direction and directive.

As I have mentioned many a times before---if you can cut the head of the insurgency and take out the top echelon and mid level operators in the first six months to a year----the insurgency can be contained----once the millitary offencive stops and you start making peace deals with them without taking out the top operators-----you are living a lie----you are only deceiving yourself----you are giving the terrorists the time to re-group, re-train, amass their resources, pickup new targets of oppurtunity and strike at will .

The bottomline is that the proof is in the pudding---it is right in front of our faces---for all the world to see---it is flashing on the tv channels----the failures of pakistan and pakistani millitary have been on the front pages for the last 9 1/2 years------it is about time to see the facts as they are and adjust our reaction accordingly.

I can't let the terrorists kill me and my family at their discretion---if the millitary cannot protect me---then I have every right to make a pre-emptive strike at the al qaeda and al qaeda supporters living an where and everywhere.

I have given the millitary enough time to take this monster out of action----. This job needs to be done---one way or the other.

Isn't it about time that things were done differently----. Now if you think that I am gung ho-----then what is topping you to come out with your solution---why don't to put it up here----then let us analyze it and see where you stand in your judgement.

Fast and furious:

Thank you very much for your comments----wasn't it so easy for you to see---their is no committment and intent to end this insurgency-----pakistani millitary has no fighting techniques-----but worst of all---it is very poorly equipped to fight on the media and political front. That is the place where pak millitary has failed a 100%-----is in front of the media-----fight and war---they can recoupe----but the media battle----they are completely tactless.

Their problem is----pakistanis are very angry people-----they think in anger all the time----anger clouds their judgement----anger fogs up their clear thinking----it cannot let them see in the distant horizon----it fogs up their vision---it fogs up the clarity of judgement----. Pakistanis are continuously angry at america----tyhat cannot let the,m see straight.

When a millitary lets gop of insurgents who have slit the throats of soldiers in front of video cameras and skinned the soldiers alive in front of the vidoes camers to show the public how ruthless they are and desecrated the bodies of the soldiers----that army is led by worthless generals---gutless warriors-----.

Pakistan is at the George Washington moment now----this is the begining of the GRAND FINALE-------.

Asim,

I was wondering if I will see you here. In the past ten years the job, started has not been completed----every single mission taken by the pak millitary has been left in the middle hanging in favour of al qaeda---each and every single time, the peace deal was called----that created more problems for the millitary.

For all of you good people----you need to understand one thing----millitary is not made up of 10 foot giants and supermen---they are just like you and me with better weapons, supply and training---that is all----. In our hearts and souls, we live with an inherent fear of the army---the soldier in uniform----but when we see this soldiers bleed and die a thousand times like anyone else---that fear slowly evaporates----. Now when that fear has been dissipated----all you need is good training---that is available in fata----and weapons and those are available as well---and a good trainer and planner---and those two are also readily available.

So----there is nothing left to fear, for the enemy to strike at will at their discretion at a time and place of their chosing----and they have done it. Every single time the millitary action was stopped----the millitary got weaker---the resolve of the enemy got stronger----till the day came that the enemy found out that the pak millitary generals do not have the stomach and the bal-lz to make contact and shove it right upto the hilt to end the cause.

You see----pak millitary had been playing this game to milk the americans for weapons----their game plan has back fired for the world to see-----. In milking the americans they have destroyed their own invincibility and their country.

Tell me who stopped the pakistani army for taking out al qaeda insurgents on the slopes of karakorum mountains-----9 1/2 years ago----no one----. They just did not analyze the consequences of what they were getting into-----as the americans have said---even at general staff level some of the command officers were extremely 'naive' in their approach----and not to forget quite a few of the regular officers corps of the pak millitary-----.

It is not saying that they are not honorable warriors----there is no doubt about their valour and courage and the list of their sacrifices tears up my heart to pieces----but their problem is a lack of direction and directive.

As I have mentioned many a times before---if you can cut the head of the insurgency and take out the top echelon and mid level operators in the first six months to a year----the insurgency can be contained----once the millitary offencive stops and you start making peace deals with them without taking out the top operators-----you are living a lie----you are only deceiving yourself----you are giving the terrorists the time to re-group, re-train, amass their resources, pickup new targets of oppurtunity and strike at will .

The bottomline is that the proof is in the pudding---it is right in front of our faces---for all the world to see---it is flashing on the tv channels----the failures of pakistan and pakistani millitary have been on the front pages for the last 9 1/2 years------it is about time to see the facts as they are and adjust our reaction accordingly.

I can't let the terrorists kill me and my family at their discretion---if the millitary cannot protect me---then I have every right to make a pre-emptive strike at the al qaeda and al qaeda supporters living an where and everywhere.

I have given the millitary enough time to take this monster out of action----. This job needs to be done---one way or the other.

Isn't it about time that things were done differently----. Now if you think that I am gung ho-----then what is topping you to come out with your solution---why don't to put it up here----then let us analyze it and see where you stand in your judgement.

Fast and furious:

Thank you very much for your comments----wasn't it so easy for you to see---their is no committment and intent to end this insurgency-----pakistani millitary has no fighting techniques-----but worst of all---it is very poorly equipped to fight on the media and political front. That is the place where pak millitary has failed a 100%-----is in front of the media-----fight and war---they can recoupe----but the media battle----they are completely tactless.

Their problem is----pakistanis are very angry people-----they think in anger all the time----anger clouds their judgement----anger fogs up their clear thinking----it cannot let them see in the distant horizon----it fogs up their vision---it fogs up the clarity of judgement----. Pakistanis are continuously angry at america----tyhat cannot let the,m see straight.

When a millitary lets gop of insurgents who have slit the throats of soldiers in front of video cameras and skinned the soldiers alive in front of the vidoes camers to show the public how ruthless they are and desecrated the bodies of the soldiers----that army is led by worthless generals---gutless warriors-----.

Pakistan is at the George Washington moment now----this is the begining of the GRAND FINALE-------.

As usual, you only see with one eye. It's true that Al Qaeda is a threat to Pakistan, but it is in no way the only or even the deadliest enemy. Eversince Pakistan became a nuclear power, america has surpassed all others as a threat to Pakistan. Strangely that fact does not cross your thick skull. Ask youself, why uncle sam misses TTP in its terror list before you make any comment about this WOT.

As usual, you only see with one eye. It's true that Al Qaeda is a threat to Pakistan, but it is in no way the only or even the deadliest enemy. Eversince Pakistan became a nuclear power, america has surpassed all others as a threat to Pakistan. Strangely that fact does not cross your thick skull. Ask youself, why uncle sam misses TTP in its terror list before you make any comment about this WOT.

This is the complexity that makes it hard for Pakistan to find a solution. There is absolutely no doubt that destroying Pakistan's army/ISI is a prime objective for American foreign policy in the region.

It is very hard to fight a terrorist network proxying for a superpower. Every time we attack the TTP in Pakistan, they just run over the border and find safe haven under NATO. We can launch a thousand offensives within Pakistan and kill all their leaders we can find, they will simply reappear from across the border -- funded, trained and armed by NATO.

We will never defeat TTP as long as NATO is in Afghanistan.

Hi,

I don't know why you talk----guy pakistan became a nuclear power due to the blessings of americans-----just because you can talk---doesnot mean that you know what you are saying----so many of our nuclear scientists got their education in america, great britain canada and other european countries---when pakistan chose to get out of commonwealth----there were british scientists helping pakistan with our reactors---with whatever we had---.

The purchases that we were making all over the world---the agency knew all about it---just because they looked the other way does not mean that they didnot help us----. Our program existed due to the blessings of the americans.

They could have forced us to stop the program right in the early 70's----. I had a family member in the top echelons of our nuc porgram----he was educated in britain and usa---he worked in a nuclear reactor in the south before he went to pakistan----.

So---my good buddy---please just don't wing it----.

IMHO, the people who are talking of governance etc. as the reason for the current predicment of Pakistan are just not getting it. They are stuck in a timewarp with no way of getting out, because they don't want to and they can't. It is just too uncomforatable to shun what is familiar and cozy and think out of the box.

It should be plain to see that the governance in Pakistan has always been pathetic for the last 64 years (along with many other so called developing countries). It was still chugging along reasonably and even making progress, albeit slowly.

The current set of issues are coming out of the policy that Zia started in 1979 and the resultant radicalization of the society. That is the real difference from the pre 1979 society, not the so called governance which was never great to start with.

Looking for external enemies (which one can't do much about) is a convenient excuse to externalize the blame while most of it is due to the choices made by pakistani leaders.

Back
Top Bottom