What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@DthToZaWst

G-3S By learnings from WoT, POF designed G-3S which had short barrel, picatinny rails and colapsable stock.
These modifications allowed its use in COIN ops, urban combat and as personal weapon for vehicle crews.
This rifle is in limited service with police forces like SSU..

Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) CW39 assault rifle compared to a Chinese Type 56-1. CW39, which stands for โ€œCombat Weapon chambered for 7.62ร—39โ€, is derived from the BW20 rifle family and designed primarily to replace the Chinese Type 56 rifle.

@salar_mehsud

M4 g&p magpul
M4 vfc custom
Sr25 a&k custom

FsbxqCcXoAA10fH

@SQ8 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Does either of you know when PMTF added CNC machine centres to its portfolio? Can these machines be used to upgrade POF and produce local and foreign small arms and light weapons? If so, why does POF's Salman Ali keep reminding us that producing a foreign design would require importing machinery?

Also, has PMTF sold these to private or public industries?

Link to the relevant webpage:

Was the G3M adopted in any number or in any capacity by military units? Given the time that it's taking for a full-scale replacement like the BW20 and its variants, I would imagine that a stop-gap modernization like the G3M was at least somewhat adopted. (Economic Crisis notwithstanding)

Was the G3M adopted in any number or in any capacity by military units? Given the time that it's taking for a full-scale replacement like the BW20 and its variants, I would imagine that a stop-gap modernization like the G3M was at least somewhat adopted. (Economic Crisis notwithstanding)
G3M was a disaster. It made G3 heavier than previous versions.

Time to close this thread. I don't see any new rifle coming for really long time now.

G3M was a disaster. It made G3 heavier than previous versions.

Time to close this thread. I don't see any new rifle coming for really long time now.
Hi,

Indeed---. Some knew about it sooner than others---.

Remember the twin barrell Oerlikon gun mounted on a armored vehicle chasis---that 60 years old has seen a come back----in ukraine.

The thing is perfection cannot be duplicated---. For that reason we see the F-16 BLK 70's now.

@SQ8 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Does either of you know when PMTF added CNC machine centres to its portfolio? Can these machines be used to upgrade POF and produce local and foreign small arms and light weapons? If so, why does POF's Salman Ali keep reminding us that producing a foreign design would require importing machinery?

Hi,

It is very obvious when looking at the finished product---.

@SQ8 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

tbh, we lack info and there's no transparency about how POF operates or makes its decisions.

IMO, it just seems that Salman Ali does his thing while GHQ drafts its own plans. I think the PA will eventually sign onto a foreign rifle. They haven't gotten to that point yet because (1) it's expensive and (2) there are other funding priorities.

However, the cost of reworking POF to produce a new rifle and the cost of re-arming the Army are two separate issues. The former is a manageable overhead and the latter is a long-term endeavor that will take several decades.

The infamous 2015-2016 tender was proof that the PA was interested in a foreign design. IMO, they still are, despite POF's ongoing projects. POF isn't moving the needle with any of our top decision-makers and, IMO, the reasons why the PA didn't pick a new rifle yet have nothing to do with the G-3, POF, or Salman Ali. That time just hasn't come, but it will, eventually, and I don't think any POF design will be in the running.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom