What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
AR-15 platform isn't going anywhere

SOCOM rifles are still AR-15s

Pakistan should get surplus Block 2 uppers for Special Forces
But not base the future rifle on a platform on its way out. Yes it’s not disappearing tomorrow.

But not base the future rifle on a platform on its way out. Yes it’s not disappearing tomorrow.
Can we say the same for AK. Russians bet everything on one platform and it's working out for them.

New gucci AR-18 platforms are stupidly expensive. Lead manufacturers are H&K and Sig. Try buying from them.

US military perfected the M4 platform and currently Blk 3 URGIs are SOCOM standard issue and are main workhorse they aren't going anywhere.

They hyped Sig Spear based on AR-18 platform also included Sig Spear LT(5.56) for SOCOM and SAS. The whole program got ditched because of reliability issues..

SAS picked some US based AR-15 manufacturer to replace Diemeco AR-15s

There's a photo of Delta guy rocking M4 in a herd of HK 416.

Look AR-18 platforms are great they aren't bad, the only thing piston operated rifles have over gas operated AR-15s is they work really well with suppressors.

Main consumer market in US is AR-15. Platform is future proof till 2040. I would say..

Can we say the same for AK. Russians bet everything on one platform and it's working out for them.

New gucci AR-18 platforms are stupidly expensive. Lead manufacturers are H&K and Sig. Try buying from them.

US military perfected the M4 platform and currently Blk 3 URGIs are SOCOM standard issue and are main workhorse they aren't going anywhere.

They hyped Sig Spear based on AR-18 platform also included Sig Spear LT(5.56) for SOCOM and SAS. The whole program got ditched because of reliability issues..

SAS picked some US based AR-15 manufacturer to replace Diemeco AR-15s

There's a photo of Delta guy rocking M4 in a herd of HK 416.

Look AR-18 platforms are great they aren't bad, the only thing piston operated rifles have over gas operated AR-15s is they work really well with suppressors.

Main consumer market in US is AR-15. Platform is future proof till 2040. I would say..
Special operations community loves it due to a plethora of after market parts and accessories that they use to customize it to their liking. Each rifle is literally different. And there is a whole lot of inertia in terms of shear numbers of rifles and the numbers of operators trained on the platform.

Like you pointed Russia going the modernized AK route. Pakistan going the same way with G3 in the form for new BW/CW makes a lot of sense, if we take the words of POF on its face value in terms of its performance.

Last edited:
UK SF new Prototype rifle
IMG_20230313_115827.jpg

I'm sick and tired of people arguing this new rifle better that new rifle better.

In pakistan case, choose a future proof caliber than stick to one platform for entire armed forces. But no some officer who's autism won't help him will do something like F2000

UK SF new Prototype rifleView attachment 920000

I'm sick and tired of people arguing this new rifle better that new rifle better.

In pakistan case, choose a future proof caliber than stick to one platform for entire armed forces. But no some officer who's autism won't help him will do something like F2000
1668632400990.png

this is the best option for PA main Assault Rifle production...

👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 This Steyr is the pinnacle in my View!

👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 This operating system chambered in 7.62 can be another pinnacle in my View!

Hazrat @Zarvan sarkaran ehh takki jey? Aglian ne twadi SCAR ni shot gun banai chadi wehh!!

The F-2000 is a rifle that 12 year olds think is cool. I know, I was 12 years old once for a whole year!

Disaster. I think either Cavalier group or GIDS group AR based Rifle would win. I don't even know what to call this. @Suff Shikan
Screw the looks, how does it perform? South Korea's domestically made rifle looks like shit too, but it made them sanction proof and reduced costs.

The F-2000 is a rifle that 12 year olds think is cool. I know, I was 12 years old once for a whole year!

Screw the looks, how does it perform? South Korea's domestically made rifle looks like shit too, but it made them sanction proof and reduced costs.

It's been eight years, and we still can't decide on a simple rifle.

Because its not just a simple rifle. You have to see costs, setting up a new production plant, supply chains, maintenance, re-training of soldiers onto new rifles etc and all that for a army of size 6lakh+.

Secondly it has been decided actually PA has chosen to equip its already existing rifles with rails for scopes and grips etc instead of procuring new rifles currently. To further enhance each soldier rather than issue them some new stock iron sight rifle. New rifles will come just not now.

It took the Israelis over a decade to decide on a new rifle, and another decade to adopt it. They're a relatively small and rich country, so if they're having problems what chance does Pakistan have?

Back
Top Bottom