What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I like to post good pictures. By the way if we are looking to go for two Guns. One two replace G3 and other to replace Type 56 than we should test Russia's new AK 12
AK 12 is 5.45x39!! Not a calibre we are adopting any time soon.

What actually the news is that AK103 and FN SCAR H outperformed the competitors in their categories and are in next phase of the trails......more are less final phase
Thanks Sir I hope FN SCAR wins or we select both. One replaces G3 and one replaces Type 56.
FB_IMG_1466764192047.jpg

FB_IMG_1466764188212.jpg

@Sulman Badshah @Tipu7 @balixd @Path-Finder @Arsalan

What actually the news is that AK103 and FN SCAR H outperformed the competitors in their categories and are in next phase of the trails......more are less final phase
I doubt the "AK103 outperforming" part but if you say so.

Plus i have again been confirmed that the plan is to go for a few thousand guns after selection is done (in which as mentioned again, performance is going to be ONE of the parameters). That will enable more rigorous evaluation in battle field as well as with operational units and a decisions to use the same to replace the guns of whole army will be made only after that. It gives 3-4 years time i would say until a decision is made official as confirmed that the selected gun will replace the G3 in whole army. There still is some serious support for a local design and the lessons learned from the selected gun may well make an indigenous gun even more favorable. One thing new was that even the above is the most probable line of action, the news that will come out will be "playing with words" sort of thing indicating as if the whole army will get the same gun (for obvious reasons of not scaring off the selected supplier). One very interesting fact that i have been told about is that at least one of the participants in current trails have offered help for that "indigenous gun" as well. I mean it came as a proposal from them as well :P That can be a huge factor when decision is made.
I may visit Wah Cantt the weekend after Eid and it will be easier to get more info then and will also be in better position to decide what to share.

Do we hav a CZ Bren in 7.62 NATO category?

I stumbled upon this vid,FN scar is already operational with taliban :D,they were apparently able to capture it from the ANA.
As much as i know ANA doesn't operate FN scar.

Plus i have again been confirmed that the plan is to go for a few thousand guns after selection is done (in which as mentioned again, performance is going to be ONE of the parameters). That will enable more rigorous evaluation in battle field as well as with operational units and a decisions to use the same to replace the guns of whole army will be made only after that. It gives 3-4 years time i would say until a decision is made official as confirmed that the selected gun will replace the G3 in whole army. There still is some serious support for a local design and the lessons learned from the selected gun may well make an indigenous gun even more favorable. One thing new was that even the above is the most probable line of action, the news that will come out will be "playing with words" sort of thing indicating as if the whole army will get the same gun (for obvious reasons of not scaring off the selected supplier). One very interesting fact that i have been told about is that at least one of the participants in current trails have offered help for that "indigenous gun" as well. I mean it came as a proposal from them as well :P That can be a huge factor when decision is made.
I may visit Wah Cantt the weekend after Eid and it will be easier to get more info then and will also be in better position to decide what to share.
Sir we are not going for few Guns we are going for TOT and mass production and may be export. That is why POF is getting massively upgraded

It'd be Zastava or CZ I reckon (the one who offered help on an indigenous design).

@Icarus

Any personal favourites? :P

@balixd

I seem to have lost that picture of CZ 807 with the mag inserted. Can you post it again please?

Sir we are not going for few Guns we are going for TOT and mass production and may be export. That is why POF is getting massively upgraded
not yet!
This may be what people will start saying (they are not even saying yet, not the people who matter at least). The proposed path will most likely be the one that i suggested and this is coming from director level not Facebook pages sir. Anyway, i am not going to speculate any further for now, have shared what i had to share. :tup:

It'd be Zastava or CZ I reckon (the one who offered help on an indigenous design).
Not being talked about yet :P
Anyway, whatever is selected we are likely to build some thousand units (upwards of 10k) and then a decision will be made to how to proceed with replacement for whole army. We may see continued production, continued production with some tweaks OR another gun based on the lessons learned.

For Pakistan more logical option is HK 416
HK416-11.jpg
Well we like to use 7.62 X 51 Caliber so HK-417 could have been the option but Germany comes up with human rights crap far too often. As for @RAMPAGE and @balixd Sir I have a picture on which I want to message you on facebook please add me

i will be happy if we got SCAR or HK-416
Well I am also hoping for SCAR

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom