What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

i heard months before that pak is working on 2500 KM SLCM

is this true?

Well lets see the future 'restoration ' of strategic balance...As far as i am concerned, a country that can design & build nuclear reactors on its own, can oly design a nuclear reactor so small enough to be fit in a sub !!
I doubt they can build it on their own cos, pakistan have never designed any normal nuke reactors, and its very tough to construct one without chinese help..
but as always US CIA will recognise it, and they would be slapped with sanctions, even before they even start..
To be honest, pakistan, have many potential challenges to be overcome to build one... It may not be impossible, but definitely its tough........

Why would they be slapped with sanctions? Pakistan is always building up its nuclear arsenal to the point that no one even knows how many nukes they possess.

there is no race. pakistan cant design a single navy ship on its own to be honest. this is stealthy 17 a frigate designed by indian engineers. nuclear sub is much more complex than this simple boat. if pakistan cant design a simple boat boomer is out of question. dont start a race u cant even play alone in. india today has some of the biggest shipyards in asia and is currently building tons of new shipyards dedicated for ship building. the new l&t shipyard will be asia's biggest and will be used to build navy ships. sorry but no race with pakistan.
6th_defence_expo_31990f.jpg

Perhaps but I heard that the Germans wanted to sell some nuclear capable subs to Pakistan. Anyone know what became of that??

Well lets see the future 'restoration ' of strategic balance...As far as i am concerned, a country that can design & build nuclear reactors on its own, can oly design a nuclear reactor so small enough to be fit in a sub !!
I doubt they can build it on their own cos, pakistan have never designed any normal nuke reactors, and its very tough to construct one without chinese help..
but as always US CIA will recognise it, and they would be slapped with sanctions, even before they even start..
To be honest, pakistan, have many potential challenges to be overcome to build one... It may not be impossible, but definitely its tough........
I guess U guyz gonna loose ure sleep at night when we will comeup with our own designed Nuklerar subz.........I guess PN is pretty smart in that field nowadayz.......:smokin:

Okay! Lets See whats gonna happens in reality.Its clearly starting a Nuclear arms race in Naval tech.....:smokin:

There is no naval arm race. Pakistan has already conceded naval superiority to India by focusing on land and air forces. This is just to secure a second strike capability.

I guess U guyz gonna loose ure sleep at night when we will comeup with our own designed Nuklerar subz.........I guess PN is pretty smart in that field nowadayz.......:smokin:

Can i have info on that plz? I have less heared about it to be honest..

Perhaps but I heard that the Germans wanted to sell some nuclear capable subs to Pakistan. Anyone know what became of that??

It's not a SSBN but conventional sub capable of deploying nuclear capable missiles, it cannot be compared to a SSBN since it would be easier to detect it than a SSBN, also it would not be easy for Germans to give these subs to PN amidst Indian protests.

I have to admit that on the one hand PAF & PA can some what compare themselves to there Indian counterparts in terms of capability, PN has left itself way way behind IN in every respect, PN does not have an AC (IN has), PN does not have a destroyer (IN has 8), PN does not have nuke sub (IN currently has 1 with INS Arihant soon to join), add to this, IN is the fastest modernizing force among the three, So it is of no doubt that PN can never compete with IN.

180 million people, and no competent engineers you say? Cute. Very cute. :)
there is no race. pakistan cant design a single navy ship on its own to be honest. this is stealthy 17 a frigate designed by indian engineers. nuclear sub is much more complex than this simple boat. if pakistan cant design a simple boat boomer is out of question. dont start a race u cant even play alone in. india today has some of the biggest shipyards in asia and is currently building tons of new shipyards dedicated for ship building. the new l&t shipyard will be asia's biggest and will be used to build navy ships. sorry but no race with pakistan.

I have to admit that on the one hand PAF & PA can some what compare themselves to there Indian counterparts in terms of capability, PN has left itself way way behind IN in every respect, PN does not have an AC (IN has), PN does not have a destroyer (IN has 8), PN does not have nuke sub (IN currently has 1 with INS Arihant soon to join), add to this, IN is the fastest modernizing force among the three, So it is of no doubt that PN can never compete with IN.

PN is not competing nor ever has nor ever will... second it's not the PN fault that it had lacked it is the past gov's who never provided enough funds nor effort to support the navy which in reality really needs the attention. PN is coastal navy and i think it is well on it's way wither it be a slow process but she will be their soon plz understand the whole logic it is not easy as one thinks nor can one sit to compare IN with PN totally different navies.

180 million people, and no competent engineers you say? Cute. Very cute. :)

no its not about engineers, its about experience, india currently has 50 navy shis under cons and out of which 47 are in indian ports and mostly stealthy , designed by indians. pakistan has no experience in nuclear propulsion and boat designing. india has some of the top institutes, so we were able to pull it.

It's not a SSBN but conventional sub capable of deploying nuclear capable missiles, it cannot be compared to a SSBN since it would be easier to detect it than a SSBN, also it would not be easy for Germans to give these subs to PN amidst Indian protests.

Here is where we can judge this guys knowledge of sub & ASW warfare. A conventional sub easier to detect than a nuke ha! Go read up on submarine & ASW warfare then come back & yap.
A diesel (with an inherently lower acoustic sig) easier to detect than a nuke yeah right!

Here is where we can judge this guys knowledge of sub & ASW warfare. A conventional sub easier to detect than a nuke ha! Go read up on submarine & ASW warfare then come back & yap.
A diesel (with an inherently lower acoustic sig) easier to detect than a nuke yeah right!
:D he compared atomic with diesel and concluded that just because atomic is something more sophisticated it should be better in all areas. Its easy to be expert on weapons on a public forum if you have internet access.

Haha kiddo. That stealth navy ship is copied from Russians..After all thats what Indians only do. TBH, India can't even build a 3rd gen Tejas right, yet their thinking about AC, frigate...All this is BS , look at how many failres DRDO has, and still because of that, India is largest foreign armys buyer. Sad nation :tdown: India is no match in front of Pakistan... Go challenge Nepal

no its not about engineers, its about experience, india currently has 50 navy shis under cons and out of which 47 are in indian ports and mostly stealthy , designed by indians. pakistan has no experience in nuclear propulsion and boat designing. india has some of the top institutes, so we were able to pull it.

You realize those "ships" are just speedboats right? India hasn't even designed a frigate, let alone a stealth one.

Pakistan is building nuclear sub, yet you are saying no experience? Dumbass indian...

Haha kiddo. That stealth navy ship is copied from Russians..After all thats what Indians only do. TBH, India can't even build a 3rd gen Tejas right, yet their thinking about AC, frigate...All this is BS , look at how many failres DRDO has, and still because of that, India is largest foreign armys buyer. Sad nation :tdown: India is no match in front of Pakistan... Go challenge Nepal

You realize those "ships" are just speedboats right? India hasn't even designed a frigate, let alone a stealth one.

Pakistan is building nuclear sub, yet you are saying no experience? Dumbass indian...

DRDO doesn't even make ships or aircrafts. India is already building an ACC, Nuclear Submarine and has stealth ships that are inducted which were built in India. The new class of ship will also be sailing out this year which are P-17A kolkata class destroyers, the design phase of the P-17B is also already started.

i was comparing ssbn with conventional subs in respect of conventional sub coming to surface more frequently than nuclear sub, which makes detection of conventional sub easier than ssbn.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom