What's new

Pakistan's missed opportunity

1) More like Indian air fart, Western sector got owned by PLA too, where do u think Aksia Chin is located :omghaha:

Aksia Chin? Where is that.
mmdr.gif

What is this talk about "China will ditch Pakistan"...?
China has already ditched Pakistan a number of times - starting from 65 onwards. :crazy:
But its not exactly 'ditching' - nations align according to their requirements. And requirements vary from time to time.

if ditching means China wont give us monetary help then i am with China :)

By siding with India does not mean China will give up own territory
You just again blew your RAW cover :hitwall: Your pay will be cut this time.

In 1962... we asked Pakistan to join us in the attack against India.

But Ayub Khan preferred to side with India, for his own reasons. He had already offered a joint-defence pact to India three years earlier in 1959 during the Sino-Indian border clashes that year:

Bhutto`s foreign policy legacy - DAWN.COM

I would argue that if Pakistan had joined us in 1962, all of Kashmir would currently be in Pakistan's possession.

And we would probably have had a mutual defence pact, similar to the one between China and North Korea that saw massive Chinese military intervention during the Korean War, leading to America's longest ever retreat in history.

Such a mutual defence pact could have also prevented the loss of East Pakistan.

As it stands today, there is no mutual defence pact between China and Pakistan. I would argue that Ayub Khan's decision to side with India instead of China was a massive lost opportunity for Pakistan, and that should this opportunity arise again in the future, the other path would have been a better choice.

true, Ayub did mention the letter from American president in this regard, he was threatened and hence didnt act.

You run only when you are being chase or attack. Your army were already crushed, we retreated to Mchanon line. Why? Exercise your reading skill, read my post above.

You ran back because your logistics broke and your military knew that you would not be able to hold on to those areas .

The Beijing Govt didn't accept the MacDonald-McCartney Line earlier , sure , however it wasn't the case afterwards too . India follows the McMahon Line and not the MacDonald -McCartney Line as you claimed . Again , whatever maybe be the " Indian interpretation " or " position on the dispute " , that doesn't change the fact in any manner , that Pakistan never transferred or ceded anything but withdrew a claim . At best , it got areas which the Chinese claimed/administered earlier but transferred to Islamabad later and gained a strategic ally against India . I am at a loss here , as to how would that constitute as a loss . Read the analysis of the agreement again .

“China maintained control over more of the disputed territory, but the agreement overall was more favourable to Pakistan. China kept roughly 5,309 square kilometres it contested in the Shaksgam Valley. However, it transferred [ sic] control of some 1,942 square kilometres of territory in the Oprang Valley to Pakistan, which also maintained control over an additional 1,554 square kilometres of territory it already held. On balance, Pakistan seems to have gained more from the deal, as the final borderline followed closely the line of actual control advocated by Pakistan. China not only abandoned its claims to the Hunza, but Pakistan also received grazing areas in the Prang and Bund Darwaza valleys, the Kharachanai salt mine, and the town of Sokh Bulaq. In addition, Pakistan kept control over three-fourths of K2 as well as six of seven disputed mountain passes. Finally, Pakistan transferred no territory already under its control to China.” (Page 116; emphasis added, throughout.) It was instead China which “transferred control of some 1,942 square kilometres” to Pakistan.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=20110408280708300.htm&date=fl2807/&prd=fline&

Sometimes , I am really amazed at the distortion of historical facts to suit one's arguments and leaving no absurd logic unused to prove one's point . But cest la vie !

Actually being govt did not reply to British govt. when asked about Macdonald-MacCartney line which was taken as affirmative by the British.
I mentioned Macdonald-Macartney line because the claim was made on that basis.Macmahon line is relevant for Tawang. You have your case when you said Pakistan made no mistake when it gave away the claim it could make by using old British maps to get more out of China and I made mine.No point in haggling any more on it.History will tell which side fought for itself and which side bowed down to the chinese.

These constant denials may be good for the morale of your masses but they also keep you learning from the past mistakes.

Also see you conveniently ducked the point about China mining with impunity in Gilgit-Baltistan.As you were.

images

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom