What's new

Pakistan's missed opportunity

LOL. Chinese people do not like indians for the most part. You people come to our school because your schools suck. Here's what Chinese people know of Indians:
1. They eat curry
2. their rivers have floating shit
3. They defacate openly
4. They eat without utensils
5. They smell
6. They do not use toilet paper

Sorry but that's the truth.
We have a popular saying: the past belong to Korea who claim everything, and the future belong to India,
The word India use most is plan, will and if, only short of get it done. very entertaining.

No they didn't and nor could you have run over West Pakistan. The Western theatre of operations was stable and well defended. There have been many threads on this.

Have you read the diplomatic cables between ISB embassy and DC?

Have you read the frantic pleadings of Bhutto to get more assistance and frustration of Kissinger to pressurise India?

Pretty plain there to see that towards the end Yahya and bhutto had given up on the East were pleading the americans to save West pakistan .

Once Dhaka was overrun, The stable theter would have got double the number Of Indian army, wouldnt have been left stable would it?

We have a popular saying: the past belong to Korea who claim everything, and the future belong to India,
The word India use most is plan, will and if, only short of get it done. very entertaining.

Cool. Can you post that quote in Chinese?

I would argue that if Pakistan had joined us in 1962, all of Kashmir would currently be in Pakistan's possession.

And we would probably have had a mutual defence pact, similar to the one between China and North Korea that saw massive Chinese military intervention during the Korean War, leading to America's longest ever retreat in history.

Such a mutual defence pact could have also prevented the loss of East Pakistan.

"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride" as the saying goes.

1. I guess Kashmir would have been in Pak's lap just like Taiwan is in China's :-)?
  2. What an August company. China, N. Korea and Pakistan!!!! I wish it had happened as you desire (but don't confuse that with the delusion of achieving the results you thought you would have).
  3. If China had the balls it could have tried intervening in the 1971 break up of Pakistan. It is easy to could have, would have, blah blah blah

Have you read the diplomatic cables between ISB embassy and DC?

Have you read the frantic pleadings of Bhutto to get more assistance and frustration of Kissinger to pressurise India?

Pretty plain there to see that towards the end Yahya and bhutto had given up on the East were pleading the americans to save West pakistan .

Once Dhaka was overrun, The stable theter would have got double the number Of Indian army, wouldnt have been left stable would it?

Yes I have and there were some set backs but any running over of West Pakistan is outlandish to say. Suffice to say even if you believed what these two said their catalogue for ridiculous remarks and blunders was legendary.
Oh yes "double" the Indian army, we faced nearly three times that in 65 and stalemated. Your army would have faced the best of our forces, equipment etc. Remember it has always been a Bengali complaint that the East had nothing to defend it with and everything was in the West.
Anyhow search for the topics on this forum this discussion has been done to death. I don't want to derail it further.

Last edited:
If Pakistan had gotten involved in 1962, do you really think that Russia or the USA would have let India be attacked from both sides? Pakistan would have been wiped out and China would have been leveled, Pakistanis and their Chinese "all weather friends" like to dream some big fantasies without considering reality and would would have happened.

The USA was already helping India in 1962, in fact they rushed arms etc to India, not many Indians even give due credit to USA which is sad.

Yes I have and there were some set backs but any running over of West Pakistan is outlandish to say. Suffice to say even if you believed what these two said their catalogue for ridiculous remarks and blunders was legendary.
Oh yes "double" the Indian army, we faced nearly three times that in 65 and stalemated. Your army would have faced the best of our forces, equipment etc. Remember it has always been a Bengali complaint that the East had nothing to defend it with and everything was in the West.
Anyhow search for the topics on this forum this discussion has been done to death. I don't want to derail it further.

Fall of Dhaka was considered outlandish as well.

If you think you faced "3" times the army, and stale mated after attacking, I am gonna have to start asking you to provide sources

I know pakistanis are fed a lot of fairy tales about their army, but evidence is clearly otherwise.

Regarding your theory of "best of your forces" is baseless jingoism. By December 15th, Yahya and Bhutto were pleading with Nixon to save West pakistan from the marauding Indian Army, Fall of Dhaka and about 100,000 soldiers captured had killed morale.

You think your Army head and FM were lying when they told Nixon they would lose and save them?

Pakistani Generals always try to be superheroes in Pakistan, always losing some territory here and there and then blaming it all on the politicians (who are usually either in exile or in jail). In fact Pakistani Generals are so stupid, I don't know what planet they're born and raised on.

I was unsure about that part, which is why I said "possibly".

Why else would he have done it though?
Unlike now, in 60s there was not much difference between Indian and Chinese economy, and it is never easy to predict future
So Ayub took safe path for his country, because it was visible that Indo-China was a limited conflict but Pakistan shares long border with India

Unlike now, in 60s there was not much difference between Indian and Chinese economy, and it is never easy to predict future
So Ayub took safe path for his country, because it was visible that Indo-China was a limited conflict but Pakistan shares long border with India

Ayub Khan took Pakistan on the path of being an AMERICAN ally, he joined American-led alliances that were designed to contain and hurt countries like China and Russia.

And during the Sino-Indian clashes, he chose India over China. He spat in our face at every turn.

What has this done for Pakistan? American drones bombing his country, India splitting his country?

When America leaves the region, the true Pakistani patriots need to revise their country's alliance with the American Empire, which has brought them nothing but misery.

The number one rule should be: The interests of your own country above ALL else in the realm of politics.

Ayub Khan took Pakistan on the path of being an AMERICAN ally, he joined American-led alliances that were designed to contain and hurt countries like China and Russia.

And during the Sino-Indian clashes, he chose India over China. He spat in our face at every turn.

What has this done for Pakistan? American drones bombing his country, India splitting his country?

When America leaves the region, the true Pakistani patriots need to revise their country's alliance with the American Empire, which has brought them nothing but misery.

The number one rule should be: The interests of your own country above ALL else in the realm of politics.
It was not clear in 60s that China will emerge as economic power 40 years later, so he took safe bet
secondly, US was Pakistan's biggest/Most Powerful ally till late 90s {after 9/11 dynamics changed} hence Pak didn't offend US for China which was a third world then.
China started offering weapons, soft loans to Pak only after 90s which US is doing since Pakistan was created
tell me would China Jeopardize its relationship with Russia by helping Mongolia to invade Russian lands { and Mongolian leaders claim that we will be largest economy by 2060 :p:}

Indians have valid points actually , this whole thread is hypocritical by the OP cuz of the simple fact that he says Pakistan should have invaded India with China but alas do you forget when we went to war 3 times? Why did you not invade? I'll tell you why because it wasn't in you country's interest it's a one way street with you Chinese , real brother hood is with the Turks not Chinese we are only strategic allies and nothing more, also back at that time ayub did make the best decision, China had nothing America was the worlds boss

If China attack India in 1971 for helping Pakistanis .US will completely support China against USSR action.But China completely refuse US offer.At least US sent their 7th CBG to protect Pakistan, what is this so called China do for Pakistan?.Nothing and their continously refuse Pakistan call for help .
This thread is completely retard

If China attack India in 1971 for helping Pakistanis .US will completely support China against USSR action.But China completely refuse US offer.At least US sent their 7th CBG to protect Pakistan, what is this so called China do for Pakistan?.Nothing and their continously refuse Pakistan call for help .
This thread is completely retard

We essentially offered them Kashmir on a silver platter in 1962.

But Ayub Khan sided with our enemy instead! Not only India, but also the USA and all the anti-communist alliances of the West.

So who in their right mind would make such an offer again?

That said, this can be fixed in the future. After America leaves Afghanistan, I hope Pakistan will ditch America as an ally, since their alliance with America has brought them nothing but misery.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom