What's new

Pakistan's Mirage 2000 Saga

MastaanKhan

what are you trying to prove here?? you do know that you will be making a total fool out of yourself if you happen to have such kind of conversation with PAF officers.
your long posts are really boring perhaps you should think of publishing a book with ayesha siddiqui and this time target PAF and hopefully like her previous book this should also gain a lot of audience from our next door neighbor.
MK2 would have never ever been the best choice given the limited budget restriction of PAF! lets just fantasies that pakistan is really a rich country then yes it would have been a real great combination of F-16 MK2 but lets get with the reality!
Like i have said before and many other members that PAF mainly relied on nuclear deterrence which made even the best MKI stay off the bay.. in this 10-15 years possess PAF has been able to save alot of money and now willing to spend that money wisely and keeping the long aging fleet replacement in mind.

and oh... 1.5-2 billion dollars 36 MK2 with MICA < 150 JF-17 with MICA

PC.
I would like to point out the rules again. You may not agree with the posts but you are certainly contravening decorum by the first few .lines of this post.
the fact remains that people have views that you do not always agree with. you can argue within the bounds of civility but to label someone's post as making a fool of himself, or for the attention of the audience next door is exceeding the bounds of civility. if you find his posts boring feel free to not read them or not respond to them, but to use words that you have used is unfair.
Please,if you have any issues that need sorting out use PMs but do not do so on the open forum. This is a brotherly request. This is a time to unite for pakistanis, not to sling mud at each other.
WaSalam
Araz

Trying to dig out what cause the failure of Mirage deal with Franch. After searching few American journal, it shows BCCI bank was financing the Mirage M2k deal, but at the last moment what happened we all know, it came under world wide illegal arm deal scrutiny......Closing of this bank has dissolve so many weapon deals in middle east. BCCI had special links with Dassault.

Mastan, i admire your perseverance and all your posts are logical. Kudos to you for keeping up a logical discussion and keep having new debates on this forum.

Trying to dig out what cause the failure of Mirage deal with Franch. After searching few American journal, it shows BCCI bank was financing the Mirage M2k deal, but at the last moment what happened we all know, it came under world wide illegal arm deal scrutiny......Closing of this bank has dissolve so many weapon deals in middle east. BCCI had special links with Dassault.

haider
That is a point that makes sense , i did not know it. thanks for bringing it to light.
WaSalam
Araz

ust wanted to know, what are the sources from you get ,this kind of un confirmed, un acurate info about, J17s in 2010 and J10s in 2015

Why do not you share your "confirmed and accurate" info when J17s and J10s will be inducted by PAF. Though I should have used the word "operationalised" instead of "inducted" to be be meaningfull in military term so not to confuse you.

Hi,

Just working for now---will continue on my next day off. Lots of interesting stuff from the posters.

PC,

Little brother----I would rather make a fool of myself 10 times over than rather die of ignorance and be a nobody.

Well to the best of my knowledge Qatar has not yet sold their Mirage to any one. So the field is pretty much open and any one who manuvers well can steal the deal.

Just one more issue regarding mirage 2000's. UAE shall be sellling their mirages too some time in 2011-12 to induct Rafaels so PAF shall have another try to buy these and considering our relation with them we might have a better chance this time.

haider
That is a point that makes sense , i did not know it. thanks for bringing it to light.
WaSalam
Araz
Sir, another discovery, a guy name Asif Ali a deal negotiator worked as Dassault agent (marketing agent) and had good relation with BCCI. Well didn't find anything else anymore. A very restricted information about this deal....but authentication still has big question mark.

Sir, another discovery, a guy name Asif Ali a deal negotiator worked as Dassault agent (marketing agent) and had good relation with BCCI. Well didn't find anything else anymore. A very restricted information about this deal....but authentication still has big question mark.

sorry for my ignorance, but what BCCI mean here............:what::what:

sorry for my ignorance, but what BCCI mean here............:what::what:
A very strong bank which was used for money laundering during Iran-Contra affair by CIA. Later within no time it was closed.Financial giant in banking industry in middle east.

Point blank i really dont think we are gona get them even from UAE again dont wana be to quick to speak but just doesnt seem like we will ever have them !

I think PAF has whole setup of Mirage maintenance and rebuilding, so they will try to utilize in future by getting newer versions.

why the bloody hell would we buy Mirage 2000s???? the enemy operates them and is comfortable with them. Learning curve is not something that happens overnight.

Pakistan was offered the Saab Grippen, and quite frankly --we should/should have opted for those.

I do look forward to the day we induct a squadron of FC-20s as well. Once the Chinese can develop the WS-10 engines, and the initial teething process progresses into maturation ----I can see PAC handed a ToT for producing engines as well.

Remember -- the PAF defence-procurement officials are extremely professional and know every aspect of every fighter jet on the market....we have certain requirements based on what enemies have, and based on allocated budgets.

It would be beyond retarded to buy Mirage 2000s. The same way the indians wont accept F-16s being offered by USA (even if they are block-60s similar to those used by Emirates)

and never listen to Geo News when it comes to Defence matters......especially their online edition.

at no point in history has Pakistan considered the Mirage 2000....maybe eyed it, but never considered it.

once again --- if/when the economy pics up, we should opt for Gripens. As it is, we have warm relations with Sweden --and the Saab company -and even we are licensed to be producing their weapons at AWC/POF

why the bloody hell would we buy Mirage 2000s???? the enemy operates them and is comfortable with them. Learning curve is not something that happens overnight.

Pakistan was offered the Saab Grippen, and quite frankly --we should/should have opted for those.

I do look forward to the day we induct a squadron of FC-20s as well. Once the Chinese can develop the WS-10 engines, and the initial teething process progresses into maturation ----I can see PAC handed a ToT for producing engines as well.

Remember -- the PAF defence-procurement officials are extremely professional and know every aspect of every fighter jet on the market....we have certain requirements based on what enemies have, and based on allocated budgets.

It would be beyond retarded to buy Mirage 2000s. The same way the indians wont accept F-16s being offered by USA (even if they are block-60s similar to those used by Emirates)
brother Abo Zulfiqar
Where as the logic of not getting M2ks makes sense to all now that things are moving in the right direction, I would add 2 words of caution. One is what happens if FC 20 has a proble m and gets delayed by a yr or so.
Secondly, why are you proposing PAF getting technology for WS10 with TOT ? As far as I know we will only buy and not build FC20s. Dont you think WS 13 makes more sense?
WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom