What's new

Pakistan's Mirage 2000 Saga

adnan1479

New Recruit

Reaction score
I just heard this on TV. They didn't mention which Mirages we were negotiating for (old IIIs and Vs or 2000s or 2000-5s or 2000-9s - - -or even F1s)
Anybody gets any any info on the matter kindly let us know.

I just heard this on TV. They didn't mention which Mirages we were negotiating for (old IIIs and Vs or 2000s or 2000-5s or 2000-9s - - -or even F1s)

they must be and they should be mirage 2000. after all we do not need 3rd generation junk. BTW: on which TV channel you heard that news??

Geo - - -it was on this evening. The reporter also mentioned the ongoing Agosta program.

owais sir. I don't think we would be able to buy Mirage 2000 as India already posses them. India wouldn't like this deal. And france wouldn't want to jeopardise the rafale for MRCA competition. Another thing we rejected french submarines in favour of the german Type 214. But GEO know more than me. :enjoy: . Well some Senior members like mastankhan or keysersoze would provide you with details. :tup:

I had long thought that the PAF would probably go for Mirages sometime in the future because Mirages will be very economical for Pakistan in the long term. We have huge infrastructure in place to handle Mirages, and have also acquired brilliant expertise in the overhaul, rebuilding and upgradation of Mirages over the years. After phasing out of our present Mirage IIIs and Vs, these facilities and expertise would have to be converted to handle other aircrafts.

If I had only let my thoughts known on this forum before this news came out, I could have been sayig "I told you so!"

However, there is always the question of, can we afford to spend another few billions on fighter jets.

Edit I cant find the news on Geo's website. Please post a credible link if available.

we need to employ people and make JF-17s does Mirage 2000 have the BVR capability?

I think you saw a dream:smitten:

First of all i am also watching Geo news and i have checked their Website as well, NO NEWS AS SUCH about Mirages.

Secondly I think PAF is Planning to Replace Mirages step by step by JF-17 Thunders and PAF seems to be more focused on Chinese Fighters now and J-10, J-11 and J-13 are the main Ambitions of PAF.

Isn't there a mirage 4000??

Mirage 4000, IIRC was a technology demonstrator. They wanted to put that version in serial production but then scrapped it and used some of the technologies to develop their Rafale a/c. And also IIRC the Mirage 2000 series has been discontinued, the assembly line has been replaced by the Rafale assembly lines.
Thats why the Rafale is one of the contenders for the Indian MMRC.

~ Moriarty

Well I thought they dont supply Mirage 2000 anymore as India wanted to buy it, but then had to opt for MRCA tender. If PAF gets it then It will be one big Boost!

Back
Top Bottom