What's new

Pakistan's identity crisis..a very good speech by a pakistani

There are multiple sources on the etymology of Bharat though, you can check any article. What is not questionable though is that it's an endonym having Sanskrit origin and used by ancient Indian people to denote the entirety of the Indian subcontinent(or atleast what constituted the entirety of subcontinent by various people groups as they migrated further, that would keep on changing), also most human migration into India was from west to east, go back far enough and every Indian's ancestor would be somewhere in Pakistani Punjab before they eventually settled into mainland India, go back even further and you might find the populace sitting in Afghanistan.

Majority of your history and religion is revisionist fabrication.

Majority of your history and religion is revisionist fabrication.
That's a blanket statement. What I can say is Indians take the history associated with our region to ultra nationalistic levels, to the point they negate the fact that any external influence came in which is just wrong, not everything needs to be indigenous. In many cases it would be the opposite of Pakistani mentality which would be to somehow associate with Arabs, Turks, etc.

That's a blanket statement. What I can say is Indians take the history associated with our region to ultra nationalistic levels, to the point they negate the fact that any external influence came in which is just wrong, not everything needs to be indigenous. In many cases it would be the opposite of Pakistani mentality which would be to somehow associate with Arabs, Turks, etc.

What I am trying to say is your historians and religious figures have outright lied. This is common with brown races so I am not singling you out.

Identity Crisis in Pakistan.

I think most people in countries with ancient historical heritage in the world will agree with him. Pakistan lacks a South Asian Islamic history book. This book will pass on Pakistani wisdom, South Asian Islamic culture, and cultural confidence. He will tell Pakistanis with countless facts. South Asian Islamic people are not lost to any country in the world. Now Pakistan has only religion left, like a noble orphan.
Exactly this, I think I already replied to this thread earlier but yes, Pakistan's issue is much more fundamental at it's foundation, it needs to develop a strong national/central identity, strong foundation can be built upon for more effective growth and motivation to succeed. It should include preislamic history of pakistan like historical figures and civilisations. Even the Islamic lens should be more internalised, like pakistan being a hotpost for south asian islamic civilisation specifically, nothing of the pan-islamist lens.

Pakistan needs to open a cultural research recentre, and create a historical book and other media to better transmit the narrative to people and future generations.

Strong identity is very important indirectly in various domains.

Feel really sorry for these pajeets sometimes. Everywhere they have to come and seek validation from Pakistanis.
You find them in places where an indian has no business being there. From youtube Pakistani drama comments to anything Pakistani, these pajeets r everywhere trying to impress, but they don’t ever realise that we don’t ever give a **** about them or their shitland.
Hum to ghazwa-e-hind ka intezar ker rahay when all previous debts shall be settled, and kashmir will be liberated.
These indians alwsys try to stir shit up but they always end up with it on their faces.
Pakistan ke naam se he inki phatt k hath me ajati ha. Even their women detest them lol.

There are multiple sources on the etymology of Bharat though, you can check any article. What is not questionable though is that it's an endonym having Sanskrit origin and used by ancient Indian people to denote the entirety of the Indian subcontinent(or atleast what constituted the entirety of subcontinent by various people groups as they migrated further, that would keep on changing), also most human migration into India was from west to east, go back far enough and every Indian's ancestor would be somewhere in Pakistani Punjab before they eventually settled into mainland India, go back even further and you might find the populace sitting in Afghanistan.

Possibly true for North Indians. But ancient Indian people correctly means people of the Indus which is our forefathers. You North Indians are people of the Ganges.

If you mean Indo-Aryan when you write "Indians" then you should write that to avoid confusion. Yes Sapta Sindhiu is a Sanskrit origin term.

I don't have a problem with you guys calling yourselves Bharatis or Indians, just as long as you acknowledge the terms are homophones nowadays.

It's like the country Macedonia. The Greeks have accepted that country, provided it distinguishes itself from the ancient Kingdom of Macedonia, now a Greek province.

Last edited:
Are you confused about your identity?

If so say outright that you are.

Why project that onto a nation.

I've never met a Pakistani who identified as anything other than a Pakistani.

Unfortunately there are plenty. You can find Muhajirs who are proud of their religion and their Indian background but no loyalty for their country.

You can find Sindhis who are proud of their ethnic identity and don't identify with Pakistan. Fair enough.

But then these same Sindhis identify with India. They identify with it under a "South Asian" identity. You can see the contradiction here.

There are plenty of Muhajirs & West Punjabis who identify as being derived from Arabs, Mughals & persians. These same people think of Muhammed Bin Qasim was "the first Pakistani."

Once I was sent a friend invite on YouTube and sent a video by the guy called "ancestors of Pakistan's Army."

It showed Pakistani troops fighting/training while the background music was Gench Usman, an Ottoman military song.

In his mind, Pakistanis descend from Mughals, whom in turn were from Turkey according to his type.

When I commented why a Turkish song for a Pakistan Army video? I got the reply "are you a Hindu?" the reply got a number of upvotes.

Apparently if you deny being derived from Turkic peoples, Arabs or Persians, you're a "Hindu" whatever that means or how it's defined.

So yeah it is a problem. It needs to be dealt with by one method or others.

Unfortunately there are plenty. You can find Muhajirs who are proud of their religion and their Indian background but no loyalty for their country.

You can find Sindhis who are proud of their ethnic identity and don't identify with Pakistan. Fair enough.

But then these same Sindhis identify with India. They identify with it under a "South Asian" identity. You can see the contradiction here.

There are plenty of Muhajirs & West Punjabis who identify as being derived from Arabs, Mughals & persians. These same people think of Muhammed Bin Qasim was "the first Pakistani."

Once I was sent a friend invite on YouTube and sent a video by the guy called "ancestors of Pakistan's Army."

It showed Pakistani troops fighting/training while the background music was Gench Usman, an Ottoman military song.

In his mind, Pakistanis descend from Mughals, whom in turn were from Turkey according to his type.

When I commented why a Turkish song for a Pakistan Army video? I got the reply "are you a Hindu?" the reply got a number of upvotes.

Apparently if you deny being derived from Turkic peoples, Arabs or Persians, you're a "Hindu" whatever that means or how it's defined.

So yeah it is a problem. It needs to be dealt with by one method or others.

Identity is unique to everyone and multi faceted. You need to not get hung up on how others feel comfortable in identifying themselves as.

Absolutely none of the people you mentioned don't identify as Pakistani. You're just mentioning aspects of what Pakistani means to them.

We're a nation with a few decades behind us. Our people are multi ethnic, multi lingual and have multiple religions. Our history is rich and deep.

People are free to choose whatever aspects of that they choose to associate with.

Identity is unique to everyone and multi faceted. You need to not get hung up on how others feel comfortable in identifying themselves as.

Absolutely none of the people you mentioned don't identify as Pakistani. You're just mentioning aspects of what Pakistani means to them.

We're a nation with a few decades behind us. Our people are multi ethnic, multi lingual and have multiple religions. Our history is rich and deep.

People are free to choose whatever aspects of that they choose to associate with.
He is right though about what he said, but it seems to be singled out isolated cases.

Some of them rooted in total disinformation and perhaps inferiority complex.

That was not the purpose of my post. It was to correct you that there are Pakistanis who see themselves as descendants of Arabs & Mughals and Persians; especially Shias amongst the Muhajirs & West Punjabi populations.

They identify with whatever they want, but loyalty against the country of your citizenship such as in the case of Afghan refugees in Pakistan is dangerous.

Those people had no idea what a subcontinent is..
The only boundary they knew was as far as they were fully or partially
intelligible and that would be much smaller space than the whole "subcontinent"

Must watch speech for every pakistani

when did this crisis start

Last I checked Bangalis (ex-Pakistanis by 50+) years still support Pakistan in Pakistan Vs. India (or any other country) situation, India has more cultural and linguistic ties with BD than what Pakistan has ..Are we talking about this crisis?

when did this crisis start

Last I checked Bangalis (ex-Pakistanis by 50+) years still support Pakistan in Pakistan Vs. India (or any other country) situation, India has more cultural and linguistic ties with BD than what Pakistan has ..Are we talking about this crisis?

Very much like Croatians supporting Albanians against Serbians despite speaking the same language and having the same religion, only different sect & language script.

Very much like Croatians supporting Albanians against Serbians despite speaking the same language and having the same religion, only different sect & language script.

I said against any country
you could also give examples of Armenians against Turks. But here BD has no animosity towards Indians.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom