What's new

Pakistan's Dream Navy?

do pakistan operates any kind of midget subs??just asking...

Chinese subs have some impressed capability in relatively small cost,but they are quite noisy and poor service records(western experts says,not me) and they have very little presence in world arms market(I doubt any country ever bought a chinese sub)..but Pakistan can easily buy Agosta or Type-212/214 and other leading subs in world market right now..though it might cost like hell..

Yes PN operate Midget from France (Dephnie class) and 5-6 X-crafts by SSG(N)……
about Chineese subs they can offer more than anyone else can……
their tech is not so mature and their AIP system is very new but after AIP system they don't produce noise……
just 1 sub (latest) use AIP and they gives capability to fure nuclear capable missile and PN IF would go for chineese surely they will have a long list of their own upgrades and requirements and PN often use Westren Sonars and battle managment system on chineese platform i.e on F-22 latest built no Sonar is fitted yet just waiting to purchase one from west so those Chineese subs would be definitely giving more tech than Agosta 90 B thats why PN is even thinking about them and they would be built here under TOT U-214 was not offering some of the system darely needed by PN and + more costly if just cost was the reason then the deal would not be finalized 99% it was just a excuse used by PN bt yeah Chineese sub would not be comparable to U-214 in maturity bt offer more flexibility,upgrades in future and a different platform and technologies under TOT……:coffee:

No Pn don't operate any Midget i suppose……
about Chineese subs they can offer more than anyone else can……
their tech is not so mature and their AIP system is very new but after AIP system they don't produce noise……
just 1 sub (latest) use AIP and they gives capability to fure nuclear capable missile and PN IF would go for chineese surely they will have a long list of their own upgrades and requirements and PN often use Westren Sonars and battle managment system on chineese platform i.e on F-22 latest built no Sonar is fitted yet just waiting to purchase one from west so those Chineese subs would be definitely giving more tech than Agosta 90 B thats why PN is even thinking about them and they would be built here under TOT U-214 was not offering some of the system darely needed by PN and + more costly if just cost was the reason then the deal would not be finalized 99% it was just a excuse used by PN bt yeah Chineese sub would not be comparable to U-214 in maturity bt offer more flexibility,upgrades in future and a different platform and technologies under TOT……:coffee:

Update ur knowledge:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/248076-pakistans-dream-navy-2.html#post4212838

i suppose he just got up after long sleep and was expecting that…:omghaha:

c'mon! You guys still didn't get it? Well then, i fall back and remove my words. I meant that Pakistan doesn't require a good navy while it has a brother like Turkey. We're welcomed to help. But now. I see you pals didn't get it. Well then. You're on your own at the seas :D

c'mon! You guys still didn't get it? Well then, i fall back and remove my words. I meant that Pakistan doesn't require a good navy while it has a brother like Turkey. We're welcomed to help. But now. I see you pals didn't get it. Well then. You're on your own at the seas :D

Every nation has to ensure it has the ability to defend itself organically. Defending its citizens is the priority of every govt, if they can't do that themselves then they are not fit for purpose.

well bro PN will not drag a brother nation in operational warfare ever thats what I am talking about……:yu:

well bro PN will not drag a brother nation in operational warfare ever thats what I am talking about……:yu:

why not mate! You guys were the only muslims that helped us out in the world war and the war of independence every single Turk is welcomed to help :yahoo: :D

I guess Pakistan's dream navy would be quite a wet dream..

why not mate! You guys were the only muslims that helped us out in the world war and the war of independence every single Turk is welcomed to help :yahoo: :D

war shouldn't be welcomed
well help is appreciated from anywhere……:cheers:

I think US might take away the frigate - OHP and P-3C as it can be easily sold to Australia and other countries which are in need of it.

Then I think the best option for the PN is go for the Y-8/Y-9MPAs and about 11 of them along with 3 Y-8/Y-9AEW&Cs
and some 7 twin engine small aircraft similar to ATR-42MPAs.

A punjabi saying Ghar Khan Jhoge Pase nhi gala vekhoo loka diya :D as for dream Pakistan Should buy 10 carriers 200 Nuke Subs 500 Destroyers 2 space battle groups 2 and list goes on and on But thing is no money :d and their will be no money for a long long time :D

Bhai sb, even with Pak does not get those........... the tide is surely turning. What the enemy has forced on us for last ten yrs...will now be reversed........... I can already see that happening

Although the PN should have:
16 Multi Mission Frigates of 3800 tons
11 Multi Mission Corvettes of 2100 tons
11-16 Multi Mission FAC of 700 tons (like with AShM and Torpedoes)
7 Medium Tankers of 15600 tons
7 Mega Tankers of 21000 tons
5-7 STUS of 700 tons
21 SSKs
11 Small SSKs

Back
Top Bottom