What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Thanks sir, any details about squadron's number? No.2 Sqn's F-7s are near the end of their service...if they aren't replaced then some of them have to be overhauled, 8 Sqn Mirages were inducted in late 70s they can be replaced. If No.7 Sqn is re-equipped with Thunders, then PAF has to change roles of at-least one Mirage squadron.

when the 2nd ZDK03 is delivered they will announce the squadron no - PAF hasnt decided which squadron will re-equip with the 3rd JFT but one thing is clear - all old F7s and Mirage sqdns will re-equip first.

this is totally off topic (and i apologize)

what is the status of the Fantans? Roughly how many are still operational?

this is totally off topic (and i apologize)

what is the status of the Fantans? Roughly how many are still operational?

All retired and 2 SQD's of JF17 Block I operating on their place at PAF Base Peshawar

zdk-03-14-large.jpg

ACM Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed smiles as Air Marshal Shahid Lateef, the PAF DCAS (Operations), sign the AWACS Memorandom of Understanding, watched by personnel from China.

It took 5 years to turn ZDK-03 Dream into reality. I still remember in 2006 when i heard first on PTV that PAF has signed MoU with china to build AWACS jointly. I didn't believe at that moment this thing will actually become a reality and this MoU will be forgotten like all other signed but never we heard about them afterwards.

But look here, 5 years and ZDK-03 is in front of us, standing tall and proud and smiling at all those who didnt believe in him,

It took 5 years to turn ZDK-03 Dream into reality. I still remember in 2006 when i heard first on PTV that PAF has signed MoU with china to build AWACS jointly. I didn't believe at that moment this thing will actually become a reality and this MoU will be forgotten like all other signed but never we heard about them afterwards.

But look here, 5 years and ZDK-03 is in front of us, standing tall and proud and smiling at all those who didnt believe in him,

You got to thank China for that. Not to forget PAF officers hard work and dedication like AC Virjee.

SAAB - 2000 is based at Sargodha probably. And the ZDK-03 that have recently arrived from China are based at masroor. A friend captured it landing.

thats not air base but peace of sh1t in public .if you visit it once

u mean piece ?:woot:

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

All retired and 2 SQD's of JF17 Block I operating on their place at PAF Base Peshawar

Any strategic reason behind it or you want to see it flying from top of your home.. :)

Off-topic....

kakcax.jpg

In case you haven't seen, I must say this is damn beautiful IAF's newest EMB 145 AWAC with many options compared to Saab 2000.

A Saab-2000 is stationed at Chaklala AFB, but that is not the AWACS, it is only for training purposes.
saab-2000-2-large.jpg

just from where it is jointly develop?

Back
Top Bottom