What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

PAF will never confirm or deny anything unless it becomes necessary.
Araz

Agreed .... Our another friend on a sister forum has also mentioned about PAF acquiring FD-2000 4 years ago but still no source and confirmation like A-100............

ZDK-03 sighted in Karachi

Last edited by a moderator:
Really curious to know about the capabilities of ZDK-03......If any one has any credible info, do fill me in.

paf-awacs-ZDK-03.jpg

Remember this picture few years ago, people make fun of it. Claim this picture is false or imagination. ;)

Dream come true !

i remember the days when members used to say that it was something based on KJ-200 nd linear shaped radar and i used to say it was dome shaped one.

those were the days.

Yes, I remember very well. There were heavy arguments, point-scores, and repeating same questions, lol. Alot of trolls attacks as well.

Good reminder, two years later these pictures prove them wrong finally. :)

guys is it me or the front structure or the cockpit a little different in the 2 pics ....a modification mabe

No you are right the new platform is a newer version of the old platform. Other differences you might notice are the different engines (old: 4 bladed propeller, new: six bladed), the fuselage is less bulging, the fuselage tail section is different (a pointy tail extending from the fuselage in the newer one while the older one has a block like ending), although the vertical stabilizer itself is of the same size, the rudder is larger in the newer one and there's something extra on the wing tips and under the belly too.

paf-awacs-ZDK-03.jpg

1111111111111111111111.jpg

^ nice comparison of the two. the older a/c is definately heavier than the newer model

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

i remember the days when members used to say that it was something based on KJ-200 nd linear shaped radar and i used to say it was dome shaped one.

those were the days.

plus AESA!!!

This is the same thing that happened with me, as I saw Saab-2000 and many people take me a liar and I also live in Karachi, now I some times see Saab-2000 AEW&Cs its a nice bird with very less noise, like if you are in a traffic jam then you won't even now which thing goes off over your head. I agree that Chinese AEW&C's are there....... Thanks for sharing this with us.

last nite met the OC of the ZDK03 Squadron which will be based at Karachi - Masroor AFB. the AESA radar is confirmed and the operator is very happy with the performance of the AWACS system. its AOR is going to be the southern coastal area from rann of kutch to gwadar. the PAF crews spent ~6 months in China, testing, evaluating and training. the 3rd JFT squadron most likely will be also based at Masroor in order to 'data-link' the fighter with the AWACS.

Back
Top Bottom