What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Good news, looking forward to hear its induction news too!

So now Thunders have 2 types of AWACS....Somewhere by mid of 2013 we will see Thunders linking-up with them;)

Good news, looking forward to hear its induction news too!

So now Thunders have 2 types of AWACS....Somewhere by mid of 2013 we will see Thunders linking-up with them;)

JF-17 has necessary equipment to data link with these awacs right away, why this delay then. I understand delay in SAAB case but JF-17 is using Western communication devices and MIL-155D (Please correct me here) standard western microprocessor, then i can't comprehend the delay.

JF-17 has necessary equipment to data link with these awacs right away, why this delay then. I understand delay in SAAB case but JF-17 is using Western communication devices and MIL-155D (Please correct me here) standard western microprocessor, then i can't comprehend the delay.

There is work on a common datalink, one that will talk to both western and Chinese platforms and should in theory allow a F-16 to talk to the ZDK.. DIRECTLY.

I guess pplz in our PAF are getting lazy thats why they taking so long. I don't see any reason for the delay either....:smokin:

JF-17 has necessary equipment to data link with these awacs right away, why this delay then. I understand delay in SAAB case but JF-17 is using Western communication devices and *MIL-155D (Please correct me here) standard western microprocessor, then i can't comprehend the delay.

Things are not simple as they look...PAF will get it by mid of 2012. Add six months for training and conversion of pilots onto ZDK-03, in the remaining time evaluation of the aircraft will be done in different sectors of Pakistan. If things go as planned Thunder's integration can be done earlier too.

*Its MIL-STD-1553B.

SAAB-2000 had no issue with JF-17. 25 Sqn Mirages were tested in 2008. At that time first batch of thunders were in initial evaluation by PAF. Thunders might have been tested in High Mark 2010...if not, it will be done in 2012 as third squadron will raise soon.

Things are not simple as they look...PAF will get it by mid of 2012. Add six months for training and conversion of pilots onto ZDK-03, in the remaining time evaluation of the aircraft will be done in different sectors of Pakistan. If things go as planned Thunder's integration can be done earlier too.

*Its MIL-STD-1553B.
Yes! the integration shold be done as soon as possible, the sooner it is done the better it would be.You never know what will happen tomorrow especially with US/NATO.....:smokin:

good news as Pakies but wait please........time will tells us how effective these birds are.......
i am feeling after silala check post attack and found 26 mytered why we are dumping these arsels and equipments...

Here's Erieye departing after Dubai air show. Clear Side view

2023041.jpg

Pakistan - Air Force Saab 2000 Erieye Departing after a welcome show appearance, one of four AEW Saabs for Pakistan
United Arab Emirates, November 17, 2011

I guess we bought these Air Toyz to just display within the shows only cuz they are worthless in saving the lives of our poor soldiers......I guess we've been made fools by by our elites in collecting all these toyz which have no use yet....cuz if US/NATO attacks us we can't even defend our soliers either.......:smokin:

I guess we bought these Air Toyz to just display within the shows only cuz they are worthless in saving the lives of our poor soldiers......I guess we've been made fools by by our elites in collecting all these toyz which have no use yet....cuz if US/NATO attacks us we can't even defend our soliers either.......:smokin:

Yes i wish ...we wud ever know that where were PAF during Two hours of continued attack by NATO helos ... ...

It is in Pakistan and yet no official word.Strange

It may or may not invite a public backlash considering the recent violations of Pakistani airspace.
There are many a cynics who will bring up the question of all these sophisticated systems being for naught.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom