What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

PN after it was told about the Chinese latest sub, did became interested due to its quality, plus the free hand of integrating it with anything also made it more attractive.

Hooooooooooon
very right sir,

Y not PN buy a Nuke Sub on lease from China as India bought from Russsia on lease?

chinese submarines should be reliable and i hope that pak go for chinese tech in sub marine they are relible to us

what are the chances of getting Turkey involved in a joint china-pakistan-turkey next generation submarine project.
i am really impressed by the involvement of Turkey in there U214 project...
the combate mamangement system and some good electronics, this will be a fruitfull project for sure.
we can get Babus on board and the sb will be equally lethal to anything in market, , ,

regards!

Y not PN buy a Nuke Sub on lease from China as India bought from Russsia on lease?

perhaps we really dont need one.

actually its all about priorities,
what do you suggest will be better for PN keeping in mind there main goal in war time situation, a fleet of:
3 Agosta 90b,
1 Nuclear Sub,
4 F22p frigates

or a fllet comprising of;
3 Agosta 90b,
three modren atack subs,
4 F-22p friagates and perhaps a couple or more of heavier frigates with better SAMs ,,

as far as my mind works, option B is the obvious winner!

regards!

I think this thread has run its course...
The U-214 deal is pretty much dead..
and the nation is flat out of cash to finance even a buy of chinese subs.

a question to pak members?

the ongoin indian sub competition can be one reason that this deal broke off.
now if IN chooses some other sub instead of u214 (for whatever reason),
HWD would surely try to sell them to PN.
in such such a scenario , will PN accept them or will go with the french + chinese subs combination.

in such such a scenario , will PN accept them or will go with the french + chinese subs combination.

Well the IN sub contract has nothing to do with Pak's decision of not going with 214s. One reason was kickbacks and another was something else, by 2008 the 95% of the contract was finalized, but due to the current PPP govt, things went from 95% to 0%. India had no role to play in it.

Plus, don't think IN will go for U-214, they will be opting for something more advanced as Scorpenes are if not equal to, are close to U-214s.

So without IN future sub purchase factor, PN has opted the future for its subs to be Chinese and may be some little bit of French in it.

what are the chances of getting Turkey involved in a joint china-pakistan-turkey next generation submarine project.
i am really impressed by the involvement of Turkey in there U214 project...
the combate mamangement system and some good electronics, this will be a fruitfull project for sure.
we can get Babus on board and the sb will be equally lethal to anything in market, , ,

regards!

Well the U-214 is our next generation sub project. Pakistan could always enter negotiations with our defense firms if they seek specific systems for their needs. This could then be integrated into whatever platform requires them. This would also need Chinese approval of course since it would be their subs.

Last edited:
PN should go for 6 Chinees Submarines, 3 U214 or other western Sub

3 Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines Type 094 submarine
3 Nuclear Attack Submarines Type 093 submarine
3 U214 or other western

If u214 is dead then they should work on French or some other western Submarine.

According to my knowledge PN had 1.6 Billion $ for subs in 2008. And PN wanted 3 U214 costed PN approx 330 million $ each. PN wanted them with TOT and Maintenance facilitites as well which were costing them 500 million $ aditional. PN have money but dont know y the deal is stuck n wts cookin in

Source

Plz prove ur comments with sources .....there is no news that India intended to buy U214

perhaps we really dont need one.

actually its all about priorities,
what do you suggest will be better for PN keeping in mind there main goal in war time situation, a fleet of:
3 Agosta 90b,
1 Nuclear Sub,
4 F22p frigates

or a fllet comprising of;
3 Agosta 90b,
three modren atack subs,
4 F-22p friagates and perhaps a couple or more of heavier frigates with better SAMs ,,

as far as my mind works, option B is the obvious winner!

regards!

Yes in my small/humble opinion the option B is the best under the present available options plus we should be working towards the Nuclear subs as well for our future needz...:coffee:

PN should go for 6 Chinees Submarines, 3 U214 or other western Sub

3 Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines Type 094 submarine
3 Nuclear Attack Submarines Type 093 submarine
3 U214 or other western

If u214 is dead then they should work on French or some other western Submarine.

According to my knowledge PN had 1.6 Billion $ for subs in 2008. And PN wanted 3 U214 costed PN approx 330 million $ each. PN wanted them with TOT and Maintenance facilitites as well which were costing them 500 million $ aditional. PN have money but dont know y the deal is stuck n wts cookin in

Source

According to my memory it was the opposition in the German assembly which was pro-jew resisted the deal....
However your options above of subz for PN is ideal in any scenario...and I hope inshallah we will achieve this goal.....
i guess we should not loose our hope inspite of failures, still we should try hard consistently and hope the reward from Allah (sbwt).
:coffee:

Last edited:

I guess this option is considerable(temporarily) but not the permanant solution of our problems...we should be able to develop our own manufacturing platform at least equivalent to U214 to create our naval defences matchless to any external threat. Should have no compromise in our quality and tech in naval defences..:coffee:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom