What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

may be yes as german chancelor also openly criticising pakistan pressure from indian government

i don't think it is the case,he might be fooling around.
No he is not.I also verfies what joodi wrote in his previous posts.
PN is working on the nuclear subs project. I personally know team of engineers and scientists who are working on this project since last decade.

we don't have economy or budget to build a nuclear sub at this point in time .with limited budget we already have purchased four f-22p frigates,and are looking for 4 more, then deal for 3-4 new subs is also floating ,plus 6 Z-9Ec helis,refurbishment of OHP and P-3C orions, 2 missile ships ,possibility of milgem as well these are more then enough when we look at our budget .how the heck we can build a costly nuclear sub,if PN would have felt the dire need for nuclear sub they might have lease it from China

Its not a matter of resources, Pakistan military establisment has always given Tit for Tat response to India irrespective of their financial constraints.
we should not expect pakistan navy to sit idle and no do nothing in response to indian Plan to built 6 nuclear subs.
Leasing of a nuclear sub. is a short term solution, if pakistan wishes to see a nuclear submarine is its fleet, it should be a pakistani one. like the indigenous Nuclear program, missile and aircraft programs.

No he is not.I also verfies what joodi wrote in his previous posts.
PN is working on the nuclear subs project. I personally know team of engineers and scientists who are working on this project since last decade.

Its not a matter of resources, Pakistan military establisment has always given Tit for Tat response to India irrespective of their financial constraints.
we should not expect pakistan navy to sit idle and no do nothing in response to indian Plan to built 6 nuclear subs.
Leasing of a nuclear sub. is a short term solution, if pakistan wishes to see a nuclear submarine is its fleet, it should be a pakistani one. like the indigenous Nuclear program, missile and aircraft programs.

if its not a matter of resources that what?You mean to say A cash strapped country will not have any problem of resources ? then what problems are we having so that we are not going for most of the hardware we require that badly ? If we would have that much resources than we wouldnot have been asking US to grant us military aid

Its always comes to the resources otherwise we would have lot more things than what we have now

And Pakistan military have never had a tit for tat response if it would have been PN would have been operating an aircraft carrier .We never went for the things we can't afford.its never been a tit for tat response rather a response for survival in a given limited budget

If we would have that much resources than we would not have been asking US to grant us military aid

There is nothing wrong in milking the Americans,
"Muft haath Aye tou Burra kya hai"

Its always comes to the resources otherwise we would have lot more things than what we have now
yes true but not in all case.

And Pakistan military have never had a tit for tat response
No dear, every body knows that we always try to give a tit for tat response. Nuclear program, Missie program, MBT plans, submarine procurements, JF17...........and i can list dozens of dozens of items. We always try to reply, some time its a quicker one some time it takes time.

i f it would have been PN would have been operating an aircraft carrier .
An aircraft carrier has never been on our shopping list. PN sees its role very different to what IN sees for its self. PN main role has always been "defence" and subs are PN all time romance.
In the similar manner a nuclear sub. is what PN is looking forward in the near future desperately. PN can never match IN in surface fleet and ships. its through Subs that PN has always looked to respond any aggression in Arabian sea.

Actually, there is everything wrong with milking anyone, including the USA. We have considered Pakistan an ally for many years now, and have always tried to enter deals for defense which are good for both sides. Therefore, we have a reasonable expectation that you treat your end of the deal with the same good faith, not with guile.

Actually, there is everything wrong with milking anyone, including the USA. We have considered Pakistan an ally for many years now, and have always tried to enter deals for defense which are good for both sides. Therefore, we have a reasonable expectation that you treat your end of the deal with the same good faith, not with guile.

Sorry but stop this crap about considering Pakistan as an ally.You dont leave your ally in a lurch holding 4.5 million refugees. You dont embargo items that your ally has paid for. You dont make incursions into your allies house and kill its inhabitants.You dont set your secret services personnel loose on your allie's country. Israel is your ally, that is why when your naval ship gets attacked, you hush every thing up. This is why your congress welcomes a speech by the Israeli PM which clearly defies your President's stated position on settling a conflict.
It is a difficult situation that both Pakistan and the US face, they are comrades of convenience, this is all there is to it.
Araz

i think deal is dead Pakistan is not going for U-214 Main reason for PN is going for chines sub is transfer of tecnology this project will help them to make there own sub as earlier said Pakistan is going for nuke-sub but this is true or not not confirmed

[--Leo--];2003285 said:
i think deal is dead Pakistan is not going for U-214 Main reason for PN is going for chines sub is transfer of tecnology this project will help them to make there own sub as earlier said Pakistan is going for nuke-sub but this is true or not not confirmed

there are confirmed news that PN is going for Qing Class submarines from china:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...submarines-china-well-2-typ-054a-ffgs-39.html

as for the nuclear submarine, nothing is reported officially but i have been told by an inside source that there is a plant working on a small nuclear reactor, developed to equip a submarine!
so as in the past, we might one day get a surprise from PN is this regards!

Guyz a fast question ?

Previously it was thought that U-214 backed by German technology is generation ahead of the Chinese subs

But now with the qing class having huge displacement, AIP and perhaps most importantly the ability to launch cruise missiles. what do you think about both subs now ? which is more beneficial for Pakistan ?

Guyz a fast question ?

Previously it was thought that U-214 backed by German technology is generation ahead of the Chinese subs

But now with the qing class having huge displacement, AIP and perhaps most importantly the ability to launch cruise missiles. what do you think about both subs now ? which is more beneficial for Pakistan ?

for pakistan its better to china as they are reliable no chance of sanction soft loan and true ally of pakistan . rather then kiss germen feet pay them hard cash and fill there demands also wait for sanctions .

Back
Top Bottom