What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

MastanKhan,
Abu Zolfiqar

Many thanks for this reply,
just asking one think again,
is this deal with Transfer of Technology or not ?
Please clear this if some one have any news.

always regards
waiting.
:pakistan:

Mughaljee,

My understanding is that the 214 technology is far too advanced for a TOT for pak navy. Secondly---they don't need TOT but rather the training and ability to be the part of the team to build the hull of the sub and be able to do maintenance on some of the equipment that need regular up keep. That will keep the pak navy busy for awhile.

Mughaljee,

My understanding is that the 214 technology is far too advanced for a TOT for pak navy. Secondly---they don't need TOT but rather the training and ability to be the part of the team to build the hull of the sub and be able to do maintenance on some of the equipment that need regular up keep. That will keep the pak navy busy for awhile.

Well said sir

So wat will the PN Sub inv look like by 2015 ?

Would any knowledgeable member give an update on the status of this deal. Has it been shelved for lack of finances, or postponed, or something else is planned?

today germany offeres 120 million euros to pakistan for a aid any way why still deal has not been finalised why why our navy is taking to long

today germany offeres 120 million euros to pakistan for a aid any way why still deal has not been finalised why why our navy is taking to long
I think because the Pakistani U214 purchase is coupled to the Turkish purchase project as a combined deal.

Turkey put the negotiations with HDW on hold untill HDW gets governmental allowance to transfer critical tech. The German government doesn't allow transfer of source codes, that's why negotiations have stuck.

thanks to Allah!!

really happy about the news, and the ToT part is simply great,

we can easily upgrade or modify them according to our need or according to technological advancement during the years to come!!

i wish we can also manufacture atleast two more agosta 90B, with AIP system,

five agosts together with three U214 will be a leathal force enough to guard our sea lines of the comming 25 to 30 years!

what do you people think??

The deal is in the stage to convince the German government on source codes and technological transfer. During the international arms fair IDEF-2009 last week in Istanbul an important Turkish-German defence cooperation agreement has been signed to deal with this problem.

The Turkish and Pakistani submarine projects have been combined to get the maximum profitable deal possible, since a large purchase gives more negotiation power.

The negotiations take a long time cause every single subsystem has different levels of technological importance and is due to different levels of transfer restrictions.

Don't worry our SSM is turning every page around to get the maximum tech transfer. This will be also very usefull for Pakistan since also Pakistan is profiting the max level of tech transfer this way.

so you think that pakistan and turkey are going to be treated as equal in this deal! i mean if germany gives ToT to turkey it will also be there for pakistan??

this will be nice!

this is one of the greatest news Nutuk. thanks fir sharing, given it is correct.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom