What's new

Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody calls BD East Pakistan in Pakistan.

You people call it east pakistan or not may be a metter of debate. But matter of fact is that Indian bengal is still called as "West" bengal which effectively makes bangladesh as "East" bengal. Even after so much demands, GOI has refused to rename WB as simply bengal.

Similarly, supreme court of India thrashed a petition which seeks to remove the reference of "Sindh" from the national anthem as it belongs to pakistan. So effectively Sindh is still in India as per the national anthem. And GOI and judiciary refuse to ammend it.

Something to ponder upon.

Pervaiz Mushrraf has said sorry about 1971 during an official visit to Bangladesh as President of Pakistan. It was enough to move forward without holding back but AL won't satify until some other president of pakistan does same during Awami regime as pakistan got no other issues in hand.

It's time AL to appologise for breaking up Pakistan and weaken Islamic power in subcontinent. :angry:

wow i cant believe it that a bangladeshi is saying this, your raising a question on your own country in the pretext of weakening Islam. Either you did not witness the sacrifices that were given by your fellow country men to achieve freedom or religion is crowding your view. Very sad indeed.

what if we offer an apology plus a mutual nuclear defense treaty to bangladesh ?

^
Ya, I was also thinking something like that. But it seems very difficult.

Everything cannot be said just in jingoism...Care to explain any one of you why do BD need mutual nuclear defense treaty??? Again keep the jingoism apart and give me a rationale explanation as to why BD need mutual nuclear defence treaty....How is such a treaty going to help either Pakistan or Bangladesh....

P.S : I have no issues if people of Bangladesh and Pakistan believe that they should re-join...It is up to you guys to decide that you want to be a brotherly nation or one nation or whatever....However i am really interested in finding out the reasoning for such a statement made by both of you....

You people call it east pakistan or not may be a metter of debate. But matter of fact is that Indian bengal is still called as "West" bengal which effectively makes bangladesh as "East" bengal. Even after so much demands, GOI has refused to rename WB as simply bengal.

Similarly, supreme court of India thrashed a petition which seeks to remove the reference of "Sindh" from the national anthem as it belongs to pakistan. So effectively Sindh is still in India as per the national anthem. And GOI and judiciary refuse to ammend it.

Something to ponder upon.

None of this applies to Pakistan. In Pakistan, the BD migrants are simply called "Bangalis" and not East Pakistanis etc. etc. The only time the terms "East Pakistan" are used is when pre-1971 context is needed in the discussion. In Pakistan, nobody is hung over the fact that East Pakistan is now BD. If you do not believe me, come on over and see for yourself.

wow i cant believe it that a bangladeshi is saying this, your raising a question on your own country in the pretext of weakening Islam. Either you did not witness the sacrifices that were given by your fellow country men to achieve freedom or religion is crowding your view. Very sad indeed.

Trying to move on is not a sad thing. It should be applauded. I too say to BD's don't forget, but do forgive. The current generations of Pakistanis and BDs have nothing to do with what went on in 1971 and they only have goodwill towards each other.

Trying to move on is not a sad thing. It should be applauded. I too say to BD's don't forget, but do forgive. The current generations of Pakistanis and BDs have nothing to do with what went on in 1971 and they only have goodwill towards each other.
Words of a wise man....There is nothing you gain by keep sticking to old wounds...However as a symbol of statesmanship Pakistan premier should apologize if he/she thinks that genocide did take place...If they have already done(Musharraf Apology) then i guess this issue should be brought to rest FOREVER

And GOI and judiciary refuse to ammend it.

The judiciary cannot amend it if it is in the constitution, that is up to the legislators.

Could Sindh be a historical name for territory currently in India?

just search defense.pk many members has used term "east Pakistan" for BD.

As far as I can tell, that is used as a historical reference i.e before Bangladesh independence, for purposes of clarity.

Last edited:
so every day morning we have to apology????????????/ damn its done in 2003 i think so we have no bussness with BD .

pakistani govt is very weak, they cannot do rebuttal to what bengladeshis say, this shows their levels. they should say, well and good, we will apologise when bengladeshis accept that pakistanis were slaughtered their and should held a proper investigation to this crime as to who were involved. many innocent lives were wasted there and its only because of their attitude only "bengali genocide" is heard and people dont know about it.

Words of a wise man....There is nothing you gain by keep sticking to old wounds...However as a symbol of statesmanship Pakistan premier should apologize if he/she thinks that genocide did take place...If they have already done(Musharraf Apology) then i guess this issue should be brought to rest FOREVER

Well said deckingraj.

Apologies and regrets have been tendered at the highest level and since Musharraf has set the precedence, any future Pakistani leader will do the same when visiting BD. Hamid Mir is not the only Pakistani who feels about this war in such a way. Many innocents died but its about time to look into the future.

Rather than apology, Pakistan Govt should conduct an investigation and punish those culprits in the army (if they are alive) who committed those crimes. Then the case will be closed for Pakistanis as well.

Most are dead or in old age. The same goes for perpetrators on the other side.

Why do Bangladeshis & Indians think that it was all 'one sided' ?

No one's innocent, is it hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom