What's new

Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The article talks about Pakistanis not official stand of Pakistan govt. to show the world.

2. We are talking about large number of people in Pakistan who still thinks BD as "East Pakistan".

3. Its People's Republic of Bangladesh, get yourself corrected.

thanks

This shows the ignorance of indians about Pakistan......... Thats why we say that pakistani channels should be allowed in india so that indians can also understand paksitanis........

We think BD as a brotherly nation and an independent state....

Pervaiz Mushrraf has said sorry about 1971 during an official visit to Bangladesh as President of Pakistan. It was enough to move forward without holding back but AL won't satify until some other president of pakistan does same during Awami regime as pakistan got no other issues in hand.

Musharraf apology to Bangladesh

19170631.jpg

By David Blair in Islamabad
Published: 12:01AM BST 31 Jul 2002

President Pervaiz Musharraf of Pakistan took a bold step yesterday when he implicitly apologised for the atrocities that scarred Bangladesh's war for independence from his country in 1971.

Gen Musharraf's expression of "regret", the first by a Pakistani military ruler, came during an official visit to Bangladesh.

Spotify user data compromised after service hackedHis words received a mixed response, with the Bangladeshi government welcoming them but the country's opposition denouncing his gesture as inadequate.

Gen Musharraf visited a war memorial at Savar, near the capital, Dhaka, and left a handwritten note in the visitors' book.

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pain of the events in 1971," he wrote. "The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regretted. Let us bury the past in the spirit of magnanimity. Let not the light of the future be dimmed."

Later he repeated his regrets at an official banquet in Dhaka. Bangladesh claims that three million people died in the war of 1971 and blames the Pakistani army for countless atrocities

Musharraf apology to Bangladesh - Telegraph

It's time AL to appologise for breaking up Pakistan and weaken Islamic power in subcontinent. :angry:

An official investigation is needed from Pakistan side to figure out what exactly happened or if there is anything like genoside in the first place.

We are the generation born after the split so we dont even know what happened in Pakistan in 1971 so it would be unfair to offer an apology without talking our young generation in trust.

if it is found that anything like genoside happened than i would support the apology provided the investigation goes transparent and we are informed by GOP.

Hamid mir is an official jerk no one believes him in the first place ..he is the one who if could will call these operations against TTP a genoside too .

He has lost his trust already so lets not worry about him but wait for an investigation.

@justin joseph. Balngladesh or east Pakistan are two different name of one Nation and we still regard them as one of us regardless of them being another nation.

regards. :pakistan:

what if we offer an apology plus a mutual nuclear defense treaty to bangladesh ?

Apologies will take time to be digested, after all, some of our army officers would shoot Bengali's for fun.

So there are J*rk off in both sides. I guess it's fair.

Bull Crap, there is nothing called East Pakistan, no more. Its Now Islamic Republic Of Bangladesh, accepted and Internationally recognized by Pakistan.

No confusion about that, so don't try to create one.

Other then that this article has been posted earlier in another thread, so I don't think it was needed.

:pakistan:

Adios

Sir, When it became Islamic Repulic ? Last time I checked wikipedia it was "The People's Republic of Bangladesh " ...

what if we offer an apology plus a mutual nuclear defense treaty to bangladesh ?

^
Ya, I was also thinking something like that. But it seems very difficult.

BTW, If PK have ever plan to apologize to BD then I think it will be better if PK will do it in BNP regime instead of this AL regime which can give AL advantage. And the official statement can be something like that if PK have any plan as I said before:

Pakistan can say diplomatically that “Although we believe for obvious reasons that there were conspiracies behind 71 situation but we apologize for our misrule and brutality against Bangladeshi brothers because we believe that the big responsibility was belong to us.”

I think that type of statement can make both countries satisfy.

Pakistan has already said so on a number of occasions, some trouble makers are there in both Pakistan and Bangladesh, we can ignore them.

1. The article talks about Pakistanis not official stand of Pakistan govt. to show the world.

2. We are talking about large number of people in Pakistan who still thinks BD as "East Pakistan".

3. Its People's Republic of Bangladesh, get yourself corrected.

thanks

Nobody calls BD East Pakistan in Pakistan. You are plain old wrong.

The issue with Hamid Mir's article is that it misses a key point. As a nation, no less than the President of Pakistan of the time, Pervez Musharraf had apologized to the BD nation. He went to their site of remembrance to offer his respects. So the issue is not one of apologies. Most Pakistanis agree that wrongs were committed, but to claim that it was a genocide and then open up to allow an official UN tribunal type thing is not going to work.

This is the disconnect with Awami League and any Pakistani government.

An official investigation is needed from Pakistan side to figure out what exactly happened or if there is anything like genoside in the first place.

We are the generation born after the split so we dont even know what happened in Pakistan in 1971 so it would be unfair to offer an apology without talking our young generation in trust.

if it is found that anything like genoside happened than i would support the apology provided the investigation goes transparent and we are informed by GOP.

Hamid mir is an official jerk no one believes him in the first place ..he is the one who if could will call these operations against TTP a genoside too .

He has lost his trust already so lets not worry about him but wait for an investigation.

@justin joseph. Balngladesh or east Pakistan are two different name of one Nation and we still regard them as one of us regardless of them being another nation.

regards. :pakistan:

HUR report is the official investigation. Genocide is a word that is thrown around very easily and Hamid Mir is the least qualified in using these terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom