What's new

Pakistanis freak out over Islamabad U exhibit showing Israeli culture

Were you also protesting and burning Israel flag because you can't withstand a small stall exhibiting someone's culture?

Then yes you are too.

I am sure if it was talibans stall who have killed our more than 50, 000 people. You and all these people wouldn't even bother.

Read the thread before commenting.

Everyone deplores any illegal activity by protesters, but the fact remains that excluding Israel from the exhibition is a perfectly reasonable option.

The UN encouraged cultural isolation of apartheid-era South Africa, and Israel's racist policies deserve no less.

Read the thread before commenting.

Everyone deplores any illegal activity by protesters, but the fact remains that excluding Israel from the exhibition is a perfectly reasonable option.

The UN encouraged cultural isolation of apartheid-era South Africa, and Israel's racist policies deserve no less.
I have read the thread.
Students had every right to put any countrys stall there and showcase their culture, doesn't mean they were supporting zionism.

This is not apartheid-era south Africa we are talking about.

Aaaahhh Model United Nations....good times....good times indeed ! :)

My team represented Spain once upon a time in a MUN but I can't recall if there was an Israel representation there or not !
I have never seen Israel in MUNs in my time in College.

did Islamic State have a stall??
if they did would people born the black flag??

I have read the thread.
Students had every right to put any countrys stall there and showcase their culture, doesn't mean they were supporting zionism.

This is not apartheid-era south Africa we are talking about.
How students have every right to display the culture of a country that is not recognized by the government of Pakistan? It is illegal to begin with let alone 'every right'. The students must be legally prosecuted for opting a line that goes against the policy of the GOP for the University is not located outside but on the Pakistani soil. If certain students insist on putting up a stall for ISIS, what you will do then? Let them put it up because they have every right?

Does Israel have culture?

I thought it only has terror. The terror that it unleashes on Palestinian citizen and kills them in thousands for days. I think if this culture of murder, land grab and eviction was shown on the stall, students would have related to it much better.

In any case, Israel as a country does not even belong to the piece of land it occupies. Its a European problem thrust upon Middle East by tenuous argument of 'chosen people' crap belonging to a holy land.

How students have every right to display the culture of a country that is not recognized by the government of Pakistan? It is illegal to begin with let alone 'every right'. The students must be legally prosecuted for opting a line that goes against the policy of the GOP for the University is not located outside but on the Pakistani soil. If certain students insist on putting up a stall for ISIS, what you will do then? Let them put it up because they have every right?
This was a UN organized cultural event, any country's stall can be put up even if Pakistan recognizes it or not. The students were Pakistanis and belonged to that university. If anyone who has to be prosecuted, its those Jamiat students cum terrorists who accused these students of being zionist supporters.

This was a UN organized cultural event, any country's stall can be put up even if Pakistan recognizes it or not. The students were Pakistanis and belonged to that university. If anyone who has to be prosecuted, its those Jamiat students cum terrorists who accused these students of being zionist supporters.
UN and its affiliated organizations (WHO/UNHCR etc) run many projects and organize events in Pakistan but while respecting Pakistani laws and they have never imposed the inclusion of Israel as a member state (of the UN) in the projects being run/executed in Pakistan. The decision of putting up the Israeli stall was neither UN nor Pakistani -mandated hence illegal.

Intolerant society.
Might as well accept sharia and get done with the false show of being a democracy.

UN and its affiliated organizations (WHO/UNHCR etc) run many projects and organize events in Pakistan but while respecting Pakistani laws and they have never imposed the inclusion of Israel as a member state (of the UN) in the projects being run/executed in Pakistan. The decision of putting up the Israeli stall was neither UN nor Pakistani -mandated hence illegal.

jaanay do bhai sahib

you obviously are not trained enough to even be part of our sarkari baboos of foreign affairs.

Not having diplo baboos in Israel doesn't mean some pathetic student cannot setup a little tiny stall to show details of a country.

So come out of this hateful, prejudiced mindset that makes people so intolerant that they dip down to the level of wehshees.

So come out of this hateful, prejudiced mindset that makes people so intolerant that they dip down to the level of wehshees.

Zionism is racism.

Opposing racism is not hatred.
It is the supporters of racism who are the prejudiced ones.

There is a reason why Israel was the chief weapons supplier to apartheid-era South Africa, and why Nelson Mandela equated Israel to apartheid-era South Africa.

Zionism is racism.

Opposing racism is not hatred.
It is the supporters of racism who are the prejudiced ones.

There is a reason why Israel was the chief weapons supplier to apartheid-era South Africa, and why Nelson Mandela equated Israel to apartheid-era South Africa.

Show me if MUN booth had big letters saying "zionism zindabad".

Just show it instead dragging this thread down the pond filled with hatred and ghussa.

Back
Top Bottom