What's new

Pakistani Weddings - WTH?

a "very close" relative of mine just got married and I attended her wedding in Peshawar......I think we may have broken all records.

dinner on shaadi day was served @ close to 1 am. We Pakistanis are very late-night people.

here's a rule of thumb:

if we say we'll be there at 21:00, it means we'll be there around 22:45/23:00.

funniest thing about shaadis -- you meet distant relatives whom you never knew even existed.

a "very close" relative of mine just got married and I attended her wedding in Peshawar......I think we may have broken all records.

dinner on shaadi day was served @ close to 1 am. We Pakistanis are very late-night people.

here's a rule of thumb:

if we say we'll be there at 21:00, it means we'll be there around 22:45/23:00.

funniest thing about shaadis -- you meet distant relatives whom you never knew even existed.

Because you are still single, american returned, Educated, Earning Handsum salaray ;)

not that handsome.......but then again, i still have to master the concept of "saving" rather than blowing it all away on gadgets and diesel fuel. That's why im perfectly happy being single and liberated. I love looking in the mirror and seeing a happy, satisfied, tension/wrinkle-free face :smokin:

american returned --well i've only been here a bit less than a year. Our family (including extended family) is just too damn big. We could cover an entire bloody district! :lol:

Put 2 Pakistani aunties who have just met each other together, and they will figure out how they are related.

lmfao

aapke yaha shaadi mein gana bajana hota hai kya.... baaraat mein ???

ussolan tau larkay ka Qul ya teesra hona chahye but wo kehtay hain na yar ka janaza ha zara dhoom say niklay ganay bajanay kay sath :laugh:

Kafi ziada hota hai...
Get worse in the KP province..
They dance and shoot guns at the same time.. (only if they are the rich ones.. and if they get drunk).

oye your info is wrong. rich or poor firing in marriage here is a part and NO it also does not need one to get drunk.

^I don't know about firing guns, but this much I can report that if you put two Pushtuns together they'll start singing, or if they're young, probably also an attan!

Fazool Kharch karrney waala shaitaan ka bhaii hai!

Hum to bhayya nikkah parwaa ke gher aajayein gey :D

I get a terrible feeling imagining myself sitting on a stage with the bride and 1000+ people watching. Jeeez

^I don't know about firing guns, but this much I can report that if you put two Pushtuns together they'll start singing, or if they're young, probably also an attan!

lolzz could not find the video of our graduation at my journalism department of Pesh varsity though that was the best attan our class fellows and seniors did but here is video from Gomal university

Last edited by a moderator:
lolzz could not find the video of our graduation at my journalism department of Pesh varsity though that was the best attan our class fellows and seniors did but here is video from Gomal university

I love that dance. Even I did once i was in Nowshera, Amangarh.

I love the song, Laarsha peekha warta ka mistoor ma ta raoura, taza taza guloona dey saloor maa ta raoura. (although i dont understand the meaning).

I love the song, Laarsha peekha warta ka mistoor ma ta raoura, taza taza guloona dey saloor maa ta raoura. (although i dont understand the meaning).

here for you though new version remix

LOL it is laR sha Pekhawar (or your fav. place name) ta qamees toor ma ta rauRa, taza taza guluna dray saloor ma ta rauRa,
meaning go to Peshawar and get a black shirt for me, and fetch me 3 or flowers while you're at it. You know back in the day before the Muhajirs came flooding in from Afg, Peshawar was famous for its blossoming wildflowers.

here for you though new version remix

Can you help me finding MP3 of the same. I have Kenwood USB / CD player in my car. I ll copy and play that....:smitten:

LOL it is laR sha Pekhawar (or your fav. place name) ta qamees toor ma ta rauRa, taza taza guluna dray saloor ma ta rauRa,
meaning go to Peshawar and get a black shirt for me, and fetch me 3 or flowers while you're at it. You know back in the day before the Muhajirs came flooding in from Afg, Peshawar was famous for its blossoming wildflowers.

Oh yeah, I have also heard a similar song in similar tone with some urdu mix... it was like (now trying to write correct)
Lar Sha Pekhawar ta Nai Kameez Kali, do chaar taazay taazay phoolon ki haseen dali....

Back
Top Bottom