What's new

Pakistani Weddings - WTH?

S.M.R

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear Members,

Almost all of us must have attended lot of marriages in Pakistan, following the things which I hate most about Pakistani Marriages...

Timings are not followed, as it has become normal not to follow the timing mentioned in the invitation card. WTH?
Like reception 9:00 PM. No one including the hosts reach the venue even after 10:00 PM.
Barat arrives at around 11:00 or sometime 12:00

Consequently every event after gets late automatically, Nikah: 9:30 PM, but ooh wait yaar, Baray Abba has not arrived yet.... usually have to wait for some one.
and then Dinner: Midnight dinner.
(I, in my whole life, took dinner at home before going to any marriage ceremony, as i cant wait for dinner :P)

Apart from timings, what i have also observed and hate most is the wastage of food. People waiting for food / meal for around 2 / 3 hours attack the food like some forces attack on enemy country with the aim 'Kisi ko nahi chorain gain' in their mind. and they fill up their plates with as many food as they can, that they might not get the food again in rest of their life.

If you want to see how 'Muhazzib' a person is, you must observe him eating during marriages.

Third one which I hate most is the 'Spending' beyond their ability. Like the doolha mian needs the latest model car to be decorated, who in his real life goes on buses. and Even very next day, he takes his wife using public transports.

I have also observed that the girls themselves give a list of 'Jahez' (dowry) to her own parents even if there is strong request from boy's family that they do not need any Jahez.

The demand also includes those things which the girl never used in her life. Like Microwave oven, Air Conditioners etc.

Furthermore, the lots of useless 'Rasoomaat' to create unnecessary financial burden on each other.

Even a dance by family girls or by invited girls is becoming integral part of marriages.

There are many more things, which I hate most.

Please share what do you hate most about Pakistani Marriages.

I dont know whether i have opened thread in correct section, as I think it more fits for 'Social Issues'.

jahalat..........pakistan is a jahil nation even in karachi, parha likha jahil admi, in UK i came to know how these english people are so civilized, even their mechanic and garbage cleaner is as civilized as the well educated person

Yes, Jahalat in deed.

Like my younger brother's susar, who was engineer in PIA, arranged a very huge function for engagement ceremony where around more than 150 people were invited, and from our side we were just in 2 cars.

He asked me that we need to bring sweet (meethai) of 7 Colors, as it was their Rasam to have 7 colors meethai on engagements. It pissed me off,,,

I replied, we will surely bring the meethai but not of 7 Colors, as we do Fateha on 7 Colors meethai on Mayyats. :lol:

there is one marriage lawn close to my house in karachi, there are bursting fire crackers every night along with loud noises every late night, it is so annoying, before the marriages didnt have fire cracker stuff before, now the traditions are becoming more and more annoying, like ak47 fire, fire crackers, etc etc, and i mean these are so dangerous, before some might get his home on fire just because of these fire crackers

there is one marriage lawn close to my house in karachi, there are bursting fire crackers every night along with loud noises every late night, it is so annoying, before the marriages didnt have fire cracker stuff before, now the traditions are becoming more and more annoying, like ak47 fire, fire crackers, etc etc, and i mean these are so dangerous, before some might get his home on fire just because of these fire crackers

I would recommend you to file a constitution petition against that lawn. Get the court order, there are already many cases on the above, so the court proceedings wont take long, and you can easily screw the lawn owner.

There is a clever work around to that..if you want gathering at 9PM, print the cards stating 7PM.

I would recommend you to file a constitution petition against that lawn. Get the court order, there are already many cases on the above, so the court proceedings wont take long, and you can easily screw the lawn owner.

adding to that, what happened that, the lawn was illegal, built in residential area, the authorities destroyed the lawn, now the lawn owner is back again, with another name, this time with tents and stuff so that he can flee before the authorities come with bulldozers again :rofl:

There is a clever work around to that..if you want gathering at 9PM, print the cards stating 7PM.

Nope bozo, that not gonna work as well, as everybody will say, 'itnay bajay kaun si shadi hoti hai bhai'. Every will make your 'naak main dam' by phone calls.

adding to that, what happened that, the lawn was illegal, built in residential area, the authorities destroyed the lawn, now the lawn owner is back again, with another name, this time with tents and stuff so that he can flee before the authorities come with bulldozers again :rofl:

Oooh teray ki, yahan to aaway ka aawa hi bigra hua hai.. :rofl:

Best idea for cost savings at a desi wedding.
Pack all the ingredients in a nice basket.. (if there is a chicken involved, put a nice ribbon around her neck).
And distribute it .. one per each family.
That will even if you include Achar's and chutney's.. cost you less than the per head price of a buffet at the wedding.

True story.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

aapke yaha shaadi mein gana bajana hota hai kya.... baaraat mein ???

Kafi ziada hota hai...
Get worse in the KP province..
They dance and shoot guns at the same time.. (only if they are the rich ones.. and if they get drunk).

Best idea for cost savings at a desi wedding.
Pack all the ingredients in a nice basket.. (if there is a chicken involved, put a nice ribbon around her neck).
And distribute it .. one per each family.
That will even if you include Achar's and chutney's.. cost you less than the per head price of a buffet at the wedding.

True story.

Really? where?

I have even attended marriages in Punjab, Peshawar, Sindh, never saw such thing.

Back
Top Bottom