What's new

Pakistani Weddings - WTH?

I love weddings. :D

The first day is the day when you have fun

music, dancing, awesome food

sometimes i would just go for the first day because there are always so many people getting married omg :O

first day is the best part :D

2nd and 3rd = formal and boring :argh:

the food is good i hope..

yeah that for sure but depends from where the food is ordered, which restaurent, normally its good.. but because of jungly pana, the meats disappears much before the later half is served alright :lol:

I love weddings. :D

The first day is the day when you have fun

music, dancing, awesome food

sometimes i would just go for the first day because there are always so many people getting married omg :O

first day is the best part :D

2nd and 3rd = formal and boring :argh:

Freekin I think you are referring to your own function, i mean family marriage.

Really? where?

I have even attended marriages in Punjab, Peshawar, Sindh, never saw such thing.

Im proposing it right now.

I did however have the misfortune of attending a certain wedding in KP, from a certain group.. where I was served meetha Haleem..
WHO HAS meetha haleem???
OK.. I dont wanna offend anybody.. but HOLY S... Sweet Chicken with lentils and other gooey stuff???

I quite agree.
I once got late due to unexpected power-cut.

I remember that it was winter season, not more than 2-3 years ago. It was freezing and we arrived 3 hours late, only to see we were one of the two families present! 3 hours late and not even the bride/groom had arrived, and we waited for around 2 more hours in freezing cold. The bride and groom with families were themselves 5 hours late.:rolleyes:

The latest for me was a wedding in my Poopo's (Aunt) husbands side of the family.

The families of the bride and groom arrived around 1 AM and we sat there awkwardly until they arrived because my Poopo was with them..

AWESOME place though. The lighting, sound system, food, was absolutely incredible. Probably the best ive ever seen.

i wonder how husband and wife copes with the obvious delay in their suhagraat- i mean all day tiredness- exhaustion-they may have hardly 2 hours for themselves and then they have to prepare themselves for fajr :D and if the groom is from another city- bye bye suhagraat :D-

i wonder how husband and wife copes with the obvious delay in their suhagraat- i mean all day tiredness- exhaustion-they may have hardly 2 hours for themselves and then they have to prepare themselves for fajr :D and if the groom is from another city- bye bye suhagraat :D-

i thnk 2 hr is more thn enuf

there is one marriage lawn close to my house in karachi, there are bursting fire crackers every night along with loud noises every late night, it is so annoying, before the marriages didnt have fire cracker stuff before, now the traditions are becoming more and more annoying, like ak47 fire, fire crackers, etc etc, and i mean these are so dangerous, before some might get his home on fire just because of these fire crackers

Fire mortar shells into it! If they come complaining, tell them you're partaking in their happiness the same way they are!

I did however have the misfortune of attending a certain wedding in KP, from a certain group.. where I was served meetha Haleem..
WHO HAS meetha haleem???
OK.. I dont wanna offend anybody.. but HOLY S... Sweet Chicken with lentils and other gooey stuff???

WHAT THE F! Hilm o shiiriinii yakjaa karnee par too 3azaab ee ilaahii naazil hoonaa 3adl kii baat hoo gii!

my cousin's wedding reception was at 8 pm, (my uncle is very punctual).
500 something guests were invited(yes we have a pretty bigg background) around 150 showed up on time including baratis (surprisingly) my uncle told everyone to "go ahead" with "rasam" and we were done in about 3 hours.

shame.....some of our close relatives arrived at the hall at 11pm, just minutes before "rukhsati"

and a reply to it:
i thnk 2 hr is more thn enuf

Who the hell is perverted enough to think of having sex the first time you meet after the wedding! Dude you just married your wife, not hired a hooker for a couple of hours.

But seriously, would my wife expect me to err straddle her the first night and think of me as a coward or something if I don't?

Back
Top Bottom