What's new

Pakistani Weddings - WTH?

Around 200 to 300, people feel embarrassed if the guests are less than aforesaid numbers.
The Numbers are Actually less . It will be Peaceful with just 300 people ;)
// above 1000 people are invited in most upper middle class marriages irrespective of religion in Kerala malabar. People spends lavishly on food and decoration,videography et al.. for food alone 3lakh INR..per plate INRs100-250 just sharing the trend here.. :)
Malwari(north kerala muslim) Nikkah:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not lying.. I had thiS!!
Wedding was in Peshawar.. rest of the food was great.. normal..infact Ive never had better Kulfi in my life.
But when I tried this dish of what I was told was Haleem.. it was exceedingly sweet.. and rather weird.
So I inquired about it and found it was called meetha haleem :confused:

And quite a few of the elderly folk liked it a lot.

quite strange, it must be a prank....

no marriage easy life no KANGER KHANA daily at morning and evening :rofl:

live alone eat drink smoke sleep tight no one will disturb you :sick:

well i have decided,i will take my bride on cycle:rofl:
whenever i will be married...whether in india or abroad:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Well it is quiet difficult to do what you claim.... I have personal experience, i have lost many relations for not inviting them on my marriage, even they never came to our home, even my parents tried them to explain, but all in vain, finally both my parents died..... And i do not have any contacts with those relatives. Few reacted like they didn't invite us in their home functions.

So when you have a family system you need to look many things, which I hate looking though.

The Numbers are Actually less . It will be Peaceful with just 300 people ;)
// above 1000 people are invited in most upper middle class marriages irrespective of religion in Kerala malabar. People spends lavishly on food and decoration,videography et al.. for food alone 3lakh INR..per plate INRs100-250 just sharing the trend here.. :)
Malwari(north kerala muslim) Nikkah:

1000 people!!! Bhai shadi karni hai lucky Irani circus nahi karwana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Members,

Almost all of us must have attended lot of marriages in Pakistan, following the things which I hate most about Pakistani Marriages...

Timings are not followed, as it has become normal not to follow the timing mentioned in the invitation card. WTH?
Like reception 9:00 PM. No one including the hosts reach the venue even after 10:00 PM.
Barat arrives at around 11:00 or sometime 12:00

Consequently every event after gets late automatically, Nikah: 9:30 PM, but ooh wait yaar, Baray Abba has not arrived yet.... usually have to wait for some one.
and then Dinner: Midnight dinner.
(I, in my whole life, took dinner at home before going to any marriage ceremony, as i cant wait for dinner :P)

Apart from timings, what i have also observed and hate most is the wastage of food. People waiting for food / meal for around 2 / 3 hours attack the food like some forces attack on enemy country with the aim 'Kisi ko nahi chorain gain' in their mind. and they fill up their plates with as many food as they can, that they might not get the food again in rest of their life.

If you want to see how 'Muhazzib' a person is, you must observe him eating during marriages.

Third one which I hate most is the 'Spending' beyond their ability. Like the doolha mian needs the latest model car to be decorated, who in his real life goes on buses. and Even very next day, he takes his wife using public transports.

I have also observed that the girls themselves give a list of 'Jahez' (dowry) to her own parents even if there is strong request from boy's family that they do not need any Jahez.

The demand also includes those things which the girl never used in her life. Like Microwave oven, Air Conditioners etc.

Furthermore, the lots of useless 'Rasoomaat' to create unnecessary financial burden on each other.

Even a dance by family girls or by invited girls is becoming integral part of marriages.

There are many more things, which I hate most.

Please share what do you hate most about Pakistani Marriages.

Nailed it.

quite strange, it must be a prank....

I think the person whose son's wedding it was .. is a fairly respectable man to be holding a prank of meetha haleem for such a large amount of people.
I dont know what problems you have digesting that fact.

I think the person whose son's wedding it was .. is a fairly respectable man to be holding a prank of meetha haleem for such a large amount of people.
I dont know what problems you have digesting that fact.

I have no problem, its just that it does not seem normal what you are claiming...

lol @ U-571

Nah, asim just meant that you've summed up what happens at weddings quite nicely. he agrees with all that you just wrote.

Oooo teray ki, bhagooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

oyee nhi yaar tera translator google jesa nikla hahhahahhahahahhahahaha

9d5e3_fail-owned-translate-fail.jpg

I just came from a wedding. Here in KSA. Timings were of 9, and we arrived at 11 (cause lost in the desert :lol: )
People arrived around 11 40. Thats insanity :angry:

Back
Top Bottom