What's new

Pakistani Weddings - WTH?

aapke yaha shaadi mein gana bajana hota hai kya.... baaraat mein ???
@PRAFUL

yes in recent years KANJARKHANA has become an integral part of weddings & that's not just barat the mehndi & maya have the most of KAN*** like rituals.

Well, I have one of my pashtun friend (from Swat), he told me that they have the tradition that doolha pays amount to father of girl for arrangement of marriage etc. Is it correct? If it is implemented in other area, it will be a bless for the Larki Side people.

Well, I have one of my pashtun friend (from Swat), he told me that they have the tradition that doolha pays amount to father of girl for arrangement of marriage etc. Is it correct? If it is implemented in other area, it will be a bless for the Larki Side people.

That tradition has died down over years. Decades back it was there the money was to be spend on food for barat and some other such stuff. (BUT that tradition was only in few areas mainly Swat).

BTW in KP its the groom and his family that bears the brunt of marriage :lol: i mean there is very very less burden on bride's family unlike Punjab where the girl's family is doomed viz a viz expenditure

Oh yeah, I have also heard a similar song in similar tone with some urdu mix... it was like (now trying to write correct)
Lar Sha Pekhawar ta Nai Kameez Kali, do chaar taazay taazay phoolon ki haseen dali....

Its "tujh ko qasam hai meri na aana haath khaali; aankhon mein basney waaley mere chaman ke maali"

Last edited by a moderator:
my best freind is getting married in october, my course starts in september but i am going to be at his wedding so if i am lucky enough to get a palce, i ll start my course in january.

lol same here in north india, barat never come on time even if it is coming from same city. bursting lot of crackers. ppl attacking food like they'll never get it again. some time i think that some ppl only come to weeding or functions to eat. endless & boring rituals. i think that's why weddings in this part of the world are known as big fat weddings.

lol same here in north india, barat never come on time even if it is coming from same city. bursting lot of crackers. ppl attacking food like they'll never get it again. some time i think that some ppl only come to weeding or functions to eat. endless & boring rituals. i think that's why weddings in this part of the world are known as big fat weddings.

born cheapness of desis that is lolz

I am not lying.. I had thiS!!
Wedding was in Peshawar.. rest of the food was great.. normal..infact Ive never had better Kulfi in my life.
But when I tried this dish of what I was told was Haleem.. it was exceedingly sweet.. and rather weird.
So I inquired about it and found it was called meetha haleem

And quite a few of the elderly folk liked it a lot.
Original Post By Santro

sorry dude, just got confirmed, either you were lying for fun or had some karachily reasons in your head, or you were punked by your friends, at the wedding... there is no such thing as you claimed...

lolzz could not find the video of our graduation at my journalism department of Pesh varsity though that was the best attan our class fellows and seniors did but here is video from Gomal university

is this a Boy's / Men's college??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom