What's new

Pakistani Shalwar Kameez versus Indian Kurta Pyjama, Afghanistani Perhaan Tumbaan mentioned

I may be wrong , but i think the amount of textile used in Baluch Shalvar is a little different (read a lot) from how much used in Afghan or Indian or Pakistani one.
i recall when i served at saravan once i wanted to ask a tailor to make me one , he s aid he need 6-8m of textile for it that deterred me big time

I wear everyday even here in US at the office.

I may be wrong , but i think the amount of textile used in Baluch Shalvar is a little different (read a lot) from how much used in Afghan or Indian or Pakistani one.
i recall when i served at saravan once i wanted to ask a tailor to make me one , he s aid he need 6-8m of textile for it that deterred me big time

I think they have a really baggy shalwar or a variation that is extremely baggy.

All desert wear is designed to work with either trapping air or maintaining an air flow.

What you end up wearing ultimately is decided by climate or in some cases your spouse.

Indian "Kurta Pyjama" is used only on very formal occasions in most of India. Or else people upto lower middle class wear pants and shirt and below that wear dhoti/loose pants and shirt or any similar regional variant.
Shalwar Kameez, Kurta or pants and shirts all are foreign influences - why are you not proud of your roots and wear lungis? -

All desert wear is designed to work with either trapping air or maintaining an air flow.

What you end up wearing ultimately is decided by climate or in some cases your spouse.
well i believe that some cases is more important if you want a calm and normal life

well i believe that some cases is more important if you want a calm and normal life

one needs to be calm in the desert. i have never met a single person who came out of the desert and was not calm. same goes for the people of the mountains. its the people who live in plains who tend to be over dramatic and paranoid with such mundane things.

Even Kurta Pajama are of Muslim heritage. Pajama is a Persian word. The only cloths Pre Islamic Indian wore was a loin cloth. Hindus borrowed or learned everything from their Muslim masters. Their original culture is Kama Sutra, Sati, Deodasis, canabilism etc.

Last edited:
Even Kurta Pajama are of Muslim heritage. Pajama is a Persian word. The only cloths Pre Islamic Indian wore was a loin cloth. Hindus borrowed or learned everything from their Muslim masters. Their original culture is Kama Sutra, Sati, Deodasis, canabilism etc.
I understand that. But Indian and Bangladeshi Muslims wear "Kurta Pyjama."

It is only Pakistani and Afghanistani Muslims who wear "Shalwar Kameez."

I understand that. But Indian and Bangladeshi Muslims wear "Kurta Pyjama."

It is only Pakistani and Afghanistani Muslims who wear "Shalwar Kameez."
Irani Baluchis also wear shalwar Kameez. The Kurds also wear what they call shalwar but it is modernized version and the shirt is usually tucked in

Irani Baluchis also wear shalwar Kameez. The Kurds also wear what they call shalwar but it is modernized version and the shirt is usually tucked in
Shalwar Kameez is very different from Turkish/Kurdish Shalvar.

Turkish and Kurds don't say Shalwar, they say salvar or shalvar.

Exactly Indians have no self-respect. Why copy Western fashions, lol.

Not even China does that, or at least China respects their culture.

Have you ever been to China?
Almost everyone I saw wore western attire, although I have only been to Urban cities and thing might be a little different in interior regions but still.
Despite all the anti western political talks Chinese people love western products from Hollywood movies to Apple and Tesla everything.

Back
Top Bottom